Pats are ruining love of NFL

Cal Bill's Fan

I stand by it.

It looks like every game is going to be scrutinized, and every beaten team will make accusations. The owners hate them, the commissioner hates them, other coaches and players hate them, and fans hate them. Another "scandal" is want the mob wants, and if they can't find one, they will create one.

I didn't say that. I believe they have cheated, and neither "Spy-gate" or "Deflate-gate" were frame ups. Don't twist my words.

Its just a big conspiracy!!!!! :o

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And what happens when the Bills beat them? They will cry to the media that the NFL is rigging games against them, whaaaaa. Built in excuse.

If anything, I think all of the negative press about cheating scandals and the like - makes the games MORE interesting to watch. Not that you want your favorite pastime (fandom) to be relegated to tabloid fodder or reality TV (I don't think it's that bad...yet) but I do think the "game within a game" is interesting. If anything, Mike Tomlin is more focused on getting revenge now. That's good for the Steelers and everyone else. Not to mention, teams are going to sageguard their playbooks, signals, etc....very closely now with much suspicion - and that should make the Pats less successful.

The Pats are the champs and have been dominating the league since the start of this millennium. This, no doubt, pisses off fans of teams that have felt the wrath of the Pats dominating ways. For such fans, it is understandable that not much enjoyment would be derived under such conditions.

But, know this .... for every jealous and pissed off fan for whom the NFL fun has been ruined, exponentially more, new NFL fans, are intrigued with what's been happening and jumping on board the Pats bandwagon. Much to the chagrin of those pissed off fans.

The Pats are the champs and have been dominating the league since the start of this millennium. This, no doubt, pisses off fans of teams that have felt the wrath of the Pats dominating ways. For such fans, it is understandable that not much enjoyment would be derived under such conditions.

But, know this .... for every jealous and pissed off fan for whom the NFL fun has been ruined, exponentially more, new NFL fans, are intrigued with what's been happening and jumping on board the Pats bandwagon. Much to the chagrin of those pissed off fans.

You might be underestimating the masochism of some fans (on a Bills board!).

I stand by it.

It looks like every game is going to be scrutinized, and every beaten team will make accusations. The owners hate them, the commissioner hates them, other coaches and players hate them, and fans hate them. Another "scandal" is want the mob wants, and if they can't find one, they will create one.

I didn't say that. I believe they have cheated, and neither "Spy-gate" or "Deflate-gate" were frame ups. Don't twist my words.

Why the heck would the next logical step be a frame job? The Patriots have done all of this themselves, there is no need for anyone to frame them, they blatently skirt rules, so why is it so far fetched that they would break the ones they know they could get away with? Why are there so many reports of them skirting and breaking the rules? And please don't tell me its because people are jealous, that's absurd and childish.

The next logical step is for people like you to wake up and realize that you are being duped. This isn't a witch hunt, they have a culture of cheating in NE.

Yes, that's it. Dumb of me I suppose to not realize the whole world conspired to destroy Brady's cellphone.

Dude, I hate to be the one to break it to you but you might be a retard.

Sorry, was that not politically correct?

****. What I meant is that you're a moron.

One more time...

I haven't claimed that either of the previous scandals were conspiracies against the Patriots.

Right now, this season, there is a feeding frenzy developing around the Patriots. No doubt there are unscrupulous people with other teams, or with other organizations, who probably wouldn't be above taking advantage of the current anti-Patriot sentiment pervading the league.

(calling people names on this message board is discouraged)

Edited by HoF Watkins

One more time...

I never claimed that either of the previous scandals were conspiracies against the Patriots.

Right now, this season, there is a feeding frenzy developing around the Patriots. No doubt there are unscrupulous people with other teams, or with other organizations, who probably wouldn't be above taking advantage of the current anti-Patriot sentiment pervading the league.

(calling people names on this message board is discouraged)

You're right, sorry.

I also think that any Bills fan, you are one right?, has a special hatred for the Pats because they are our hated division rivals. That's normal in the NFL, last time I checked.

I am an avid Bills fan. I am also a fan of the pro game. It is a priviledge to watch the excellence in the play of Brady and Gradkowski.

I don't hate any team. That is so juvenile. At this point we are not rivals to the Pats because for the past generation we couldn't seriously compete against them. Hopefully, that will change.

Why the heck would the next logical step be a frame job? The Patriots have done all of this themselves, there is no need for anyone to frame them, they blatently skirt rules, so why is it so far fetched that they would break the ones they know they could get away with? Why are there so many reports of them skirting and breaking the rules? And please don't tell me its because people are jealous, that's absurd and childish.

The next logical step is for people like you to wake up and realize that you are being duped. This isn't a witch hunt, they have a culture of cheating in NE.

Accountability is hard in the NFL.

I am an avid Bills fan. I am also a fan of the pro game. It is a priviledge to watch the excellence in the play of Brady and Gradkowski.

I don't hate any team. That is so juvenile. At this point we are not rivals to the Pats because for the past generation we couldn't seriously compete against them. Hopefully, that will change.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I totally agree. but I think it is a sign of the times. cheating is ok as long as you are the winner. doesn't even matter if you get caught as long as you get away with it. "too big to fail" happens all the time in everyday life.

I called the radio host of a local radio station here in Maine (Big Jab) and called him out for this very thing. He said "who care's if they cheated, they won didn't they?" I called in an laid into him and he stood his ground. Pathetic and sad I call him and he hung up on me. That's the mentality here. Its unbelievable!

what does it take for you , Weo and Watkins to understand that this is an attitude shared by all sports fans, not just Bills fans and not just football fans.. They do not like the appearance of the games being tilted, and the amount of evidence from spygate, to deflater, to phone being destroyed and lied about, , headsets malfunctioning all the time is so overwhelming it can only point to one conclusion.

For the life of me, i have no idea how pathetic it must be for Pats fans to troll this board...but god bless ya...hope it makes your day.

The judge forcefully ruled and rebuked the league's position against Brady and the Pats. Get over it. As far as the issue of the malfunctioning headsets it is the league that controls that communication, not the home team.

I don't care what the prevailing view is on this issue or any other issue. I'm capable of thinking for myself. Being obsessed over the importance of under inflated or over inflated balls and its impact on performance and outcome of a game is silly. Loud ad naseum complaining about inconsequential issues doesn't make them consequential.

The Bills have lost to the Pats somewhere in the range of 90% over the past generation. It has nothing to do with the opposition nibbling around the rules. It shouldn't be too difficult to digest the points that better talent and better organizations usually triumph over mediocre talent and organizations.

Taking care of one's own business is more productive than whining over trivialities that involve other teams.

Edited by JohnC

I'll admit, the only reason I watched last night was out of the hope that Brady would end up broken and bleeding on the turf.

It's pretty much the only thing in football that interests me any more - seeing those bastards finally get their come-uppance.

That IDK. But, some people claim the move from wired headset communication to wireless. is at least part of the problem.

meaning easier to jam. here's and example in big concerts now with the right gear. You can now steal the soundboard mix, make a bootleg of almost studio quality. No more dragging a mike in and creating a " audience" tape. proof is the recent stones tour ( well any group) is available on cd on ebay all soundboards. this has been going on since wireless tech began.

So I think regardless that the NFL owns the equipment etc. It is comically easy for say the pats** to jam it.

bring back the wires!!! or give the NFL in that booth capacity automatically to shut down both teams when it begins. that shouldn't be that hard one would think.

Nice thought process and I like the post. I will point out that Jam basically shuts down all trasmission/reception when it comes to communications. This was different- the frequencies or coding system used in the entire loop of the headsets had to be comprimised. I dont know enough about the NFL headsets in regards to what encryption technology they use but its most likely a frequency hop or pure encryption. For the radio broadcast to get into a frequency hopped system that radio broadcast would have to be on the same GPS time hopping thru the set range of frequencies together. For the broadcast to get into an encrypted coded system that broadcast has to have the code to communicate in. There is no doubt that foul play occured. In a non coded, non encrypted comm system that just runs on frequency alone the headsets would have to have been on the same frequency as the broadcast. The weather doesnt cause that sort of thing to happen.

You might want to take away the guy throwing them the passes, too.

Then they are a 4-12 team.

Still it looked to me like the Steelers defense was lousy. They clearly miss Lebeau

Still I believe Gronk will be injured per normal AND Edelman just needs a good quick corner on him. They gave him all the space in the world.

I totally agree. but I think it is a sign of the times. cheating is ok as long as you are the winner. doesn't even matter if you get caught as long as you get away with it. "too big to fail" happens all the time in everyday life.

The recent articles about Kraft driving the Goddell appointment as Commissioner tells me this guy has to win by all means. Petty things to headsets to putting *your* guy in the Commissioners office. I'm just surprised other owners haven't blunted the Kraft offensive on the NFL.

An ethical businessman would have fired everyone related to these cheating scandals. All you need to know about Kraft is that everybody is still there.

I'll admit, the only reason I watched last night was out of the hope that Brady would end up broken and bleeding on the turf.

It's pretty much the only thing in football that interests me any more - seeing those bastards finally get their come-uppance.

I noticed his spirals didn't look as tight as they have in the past. Probably just wishful perception though....

The judge forcefully ruled and rebuked the league's position against Brady and the Pats. Get over it. As far as the issue of the malfunctioning headsets it is the league that controls that communication, not the home team.

I don't care what the prevailing view is on this issue or any other issue. I'm capable of thinking for myself. Being obsessed over the importance of under inflated or over inflated balls and its impact on performance and outcome of a game is silly. Loud ad naseum complaining about inconsequential issues doesn't make them consequential.

The Bills have lost to the Pats somewhere in the range of 90% over the past generation. It has nothing to do with the opposition nibbling around the rules. It shouldn't be too difficult to digest the points that better talent and better organizations usually triumph over mediocre talent and organizations.

Taking care of one's own business is more productive than whining over trivialities that involve other teams.

you know as well as anyone that the judge didn't rule on his cheating.

I agree with you, except I arrive at a different conclusion. I think Brady may be the GOAT. Gronk is a blast to watch. And Belichick is a genius. It should be a privilege to watch them, as it is to watch Rodgers, Watt, Wilson, Peyton, etc. But the cheating and the generally joyless, bloodless temperament of that team take away the pleasure I might normally feel in watching such excellent play. I wish I could enjoy them. Heck, I cheered for them in the SB in 2001 when they were the scrappy underdogs. But they are, as a team, completely insufferable, despite their talent, and Brady is the worst of it. I admit it - I am going to take a great deal of pleasure in their downfall. I just hope it isn't in 2030.

Then they are a 4-12 team.

Still it looked to me like the Steelers defense was lousy. They clearly miss Lebeau

Still I believe Gronk will be injured per normal AND Edelman just needs a good quick corner on him. They gave him all the space in the world.

Brady and the offense put on an absolute clinic last night. A clinic. Just like they've been doing for a decade.

I realize the Steelers' defense was not great. But it doesn't take away from the phenomenal football that the Patriots played on offense, in my opinion.

I think I have explained it already (see other posts).

I will say that I could also believe that the Patriots wouldn't be above framing another team say, the Baltimore Ravens.

The tenor of most of the posts on this topic is embarrassing. The level of excuse making for the historical failure of this dismal franchise is not only pathetic, it is sad. There is no doubt that the Pats under Belichek have pushed the envelope. But to believe that is why they are the most successful franchise in the challenging cap era is a delusional absurdity.

Tom Brady is one of the best qbs not only in the game now but in the modern era of the NFL. He will be a near unanimous first ballot HOF selection. He was a sixth round pick who has made himself into one of the best qbs in the game, past and present, through his extraordinary competitiveness and work ethic. He is the main reasons why the Pats are so successful. If he were a Buffalo Bill do you think his feats and championships would be so sullied by the Bills' fans? Of course not.

Bill Belichek is not very likable. It is indisputable that he stretches the rules to the outer boundaries. So what! Anyone who has a morsel of objectivity acknowledges that based on his record in a very challenging period of time (cap era) he is the best HC in the history of the modern NFL. Wouldn't any whining and excuse-making Buffalo fan want to have a HC of that caliber running their football operation?

The Bills have for most of their history been not only a losing franchise but an irrelevant franchise. They have created their own inconsequential legacy not by how other teams conducted themselves but by their own stupendous ineptitude. Over the past generation the Pats have beaten us at a rate of 90% because they are simply not only better as a team but better as an organization. Anyone who doesn't believe that is a fool.

Isn't it about time that the Bills create their own positive legacy based on their own accomplishments? Isn't it about time that the fans stop exhibiting their loser mentality by making excuses for why other teams win and making excuses as to why they lose? This constant attitude for pointing outward for our predictable failures is not only pathetic, it is so lame. I wish it would stop especially now under this more progressive owner that presents this beaten down fan base with legitimate hope.

F.U.

Brady and the offense put on an absolute clinic last night. A clinic. Just like they've been doing for a decade.

I realize the Steelers' defense was not great. But it doesn't take away from the phenomenal football that the Patriots played on offense, in my opinion.

It should. The Steelers weren't "not great", they were terrible.

Sure but we have seen good defenses stifle them before. Steelers have no pass rush and perhaps the worst cover linebackers in the NFL. Add on that they literally forgot to cover him on at least on touchdown.

The bills put a clinic on that defense too even though it was preseason. They're bad....

If anything, I think all of the negative press about cheating scandals and the like - makes the games MORE interesting to watch. Not that you want your favorite pastime (fandom) to be relegated to tabloid fodder or reality TV (I don't think it's that bad...yet) but I do think the "game within a game" is interesting. If anything, Mike Tomlin is more focused on getting revenge now. That's good for the Steelers and everyone else. Not to mention, teams are going to sageguard their playbooks, signals, etc....very closely now with much suspicion - and that should make the Pats less successful.

Thats insane! Real football fans want to see good clean football without cheating and the BS involved. Its a soap opera right now and I for one cant stand it--eventually it will make some of us walk away all together. Hey, if you like it the way more power to ya

Edited by billsfan_34

Nice thought process and I like the post. I will point out that Jam basically shuts down all trasmission/reception when it comes to communications. This was different- the frequencies or coding system used in the entire loop of the headsets had to be comprimised. I dont know enough about the NFL headsets in regards to what encryption technology they use but its most likely a frequency hop or pure encryption. For the radio broadcast to get into a frequency hopped system that radio broadcast would have to be on the same GPS time hopping thru the set range of frequencies together. For the broadcast to get into an encrypted coded system that broadcast has to have the code to communicate in. There is no doubt that foul play occured. In a non coded, non encrypted comm system that just runs on frequency alone the headsets would have to have been on the same frequency as the broadcast. The weather doesnt cause that sort of thing to happen.

You're assuming that it has to be a compromise of the wireless channel, though. True if it's point-to-point...but if there's any sort of intermediate base station or hub or router, all you have to compromise is that. Then I suppose it could be very easy do to things like route the radio broadcast to the away team's headset channels (in addition to the transmitting truck). Of course, then you could do things like route the away team's headsets to Ernie Adams, and not have to steal signals...

Point being, though, that there's other, and probably easier, points of vulnerability than the wireless connection.

Shouldn't have been cheating all these years and that sort of ill will wouldn't be directed at them.

And managed by the home team.

You sure because tomlin on the you tube video said something to the effect " it took the league the first half to straighten it out."

Why would the home team get to control communications? That said nothing surprises me. What Does surprise me is the lack of owners screaming at their employee Goodell for the horrid job of handling these issues. Seems like the $$$ is what counts most.

You sure because tomlin on the you tube video said something to the effect " it took the league the first half to straighten it out."

Why would the home team get to control communications? That said nothing surprises me. What Does surprise me is the lack of owners screaming at their employee Goodell for the horrid job of handling these issues. Seems like the $$$ is what counts most.

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-happened-with-the-steelers-headsets-1730005682

The Steelers alerted the league that is why the league looked into it. They werent going to alert the patriots.

What's Pittsburgh's back QB have to do with this?

Hating is certainly a juvenile extreme. But it's hard to imagine any true bills fan isn't sick of seeing these guys win coupled along side of lengthy history of systemic rule breaking.

The cheating will continue and nothing will be done about it. It really is sickening.

I will say though that as long as Belichick & Ernie Adams are at the helm, they will always be a top tier team. It's a plug and play system, even at QB. Brady would not be a HOF QB if it weren't for Bill & Ernie. If Brady retired tomorrow, they would still win 10+ games with Jimmy G and get back to 11-13 win seasons once he gets more experience in the system.