Looking Ahead ... News about the Colts (week 1 opponent)

Lothar

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha

@drewmagary: Know who the real losers are today? THE COLTS BECAUSE THEY SUCK A** http://t.co/KQ7u7VIyvg

Why your team sucks: Colts version

That was amazing. Too many great lines to even try to quote them all. One of the best Why Your Team Sucks ever. That dude is a genius. And the fan comments were even better.

That was amazing. Too many great lines to even try to quote them all. One of the best Why Your Team Sucks ever. That dude is a genius. And the fan comments were even better.

This is my favorite:

The Colts will get their asses waxed in the playoffs again because this team is wholly reliant on Andrew Luck being an indestructible lagoon creature.

To me this is one of those games that our offense really needs to help our defense out.....dont rely on them to hold down the colts all game and friggen score soem points

i have been saying this all along. They are accountable for stopping the run and for "containing" the passing game to a degree... but "stopping" the passing game is not going to happen in this game. Luck will throw some touchdowns. This will happen. They should have already accepted that and realize the onus is actually on the offense. There should be good to great matchup to be had us on offense and they need to take advantage of those instead of crying about Darby. Sustain drives and keep him off the field instead of relying on the defense. Edited by YoloinOhio

Honestly, I think this is going to be an interesting matchup. I think our DBs look to be outmatched, but both their O-line and D-line look to be in shambles.

I honestly think we can shut down Gore with 6 in the box. And with Jones out and Tyrod a running threat they'll need at least 8 men in the box at all time. I'm liking the matchup more and more.

To me this is one of those games that our offense really needs to help our defense out.....dont rely on them to hold down the colts all game and friggen score soem points

The best way to do that would be run the ball successfully and keep Luck on the sidelines. Hopefully McCoy will be ready when he debuts for the Buffalo Bills.

getting nasty in Indy. IMO it starts at the top and their owner is a quack. Luck deserves better.

That whole organization is a paper tiger.

Irsay is a loose cannon, Grigson is a total fraud as a talent evaluator (sans the selection of T.Y. Hilton), and Pagano has done next to nothing with that defense despite them throwing stupid money around every offseason.

That whole organization is a paper tiger.

Irsay is a loose cannon, Grigson is a total fraud as a talent evaluator (sans the selection of T.Y. Hilton), and Pagano has done next to nothing with that defense despite them throwing stupid money around every offseason.

i will bust the myth he was even responsible for TY Hilton or anyone in the 2012 draft. When Chris Polian was fired as GM (and Bill left as a result though it was spun differently) they cleared out some of Polian's scouts. The one guy irsay kept from the Polian regime was Director of Pro Personnel/asst GM Tom Telesco. Telesco was in fact in line for the GM job which they ultimately decided to give to Indiana native Grigson. Telesco had been with the colts for 15 years - from college scout to pro scout and on up. He was in charge of the draft for the last few years he was there. Any draft recommendation came from him and his scouts. Grigson got there sometime in January 2012. The draft evaluations/board were already set save for any last minute tweaks from combines, workouts, interviews. Hilton was recommended by Telesco and the entire body of scouting work done to that point. Grigson's name is on the pick for timing and title only.

The report that Pagano will be the one to lose this power struggle is alarming. Irsay is unfit to run the team if that happens.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Honestly, I think this is going to be an interesting matchup. I think our DBs look to be outmatched, but both their O-line and D-line look to be in shambles.

I honestly think we can shut down Gore with 6 in the box. And with Jones out and Tyrod a running threat they'll need at least 8 men in the box at all time. I'm liking the matchup more and more.

As do I. The Bills are capable of shutting the Colts offense down and their defense is far from scary. Remember the Colts only managed 7points against NE in the Championship game, and only 7 against the Cowboys late in the year on the road. The managed 17 points against Houston late in the year at home. None of those defenses are a good as Buffalo's. Frank Gore gives them a theoretically better running attack, but that really does remain to be seen, especially with Gore's high mileage. I do not expect Pagano to outcoach Rex in the O vs. D game.

The Bills at home on opening day, in Game 1 of Ryan's Buffalo tenure, favors the Bills. I like Buffalo to win this game, and perhaps big.

Edited by MDFan

Luck and the Colts 1st O Line looked suspect against Chicago in preseason week 2. Chicago's D won the line of scrimmage consistently and put LOTS of pressure on Luck. Granted, it was preseason but perhaps telling .... ? If Buffalo can take care of the ball, I think Bills get the win. HUGE game ... we need that conference win!

The best way to do that would be run the ball successfully and keep Luck on the sidelines. Hopefully McCoy will be ready when he debuts for the Buffalo Bills.

McCoy is already practicing. We should get the injury report soon, but Arthur Jones is put and apparently the Colts run defense is looking really, really bad so far.

i will bust the myth he was even responsible for TY Hilton or anyone in the 2012 draft. When Chris Polian was fired as GM (and Bill left as a result though it was spun differently) they cleared out some of Polian's scouts. The one guy irsay kept from the Polian regime was Director of Pro Personnel/asst GM Tom Telesco. Telesco was in fact in line for the GM job which they ultimately decided to give to Indiana native Grigson. Telesco had been with the colts for 15 years - from college scout to pro scout and on up. He was in charge of the draft for the last few years he was there. Any draft recommendation came from him and his scouts. Grigson got there sometime in January 2012. The draft evaluations/board were already set save for any last minute tweaks from combines, workouts, interviews. Hilton was recommended by Telesco and the entire body of scouting work done to that point. Grigson's name is on the pick for timing and title only.

The report that Pagano will be the one to lose this power struggle is alarming. Irsay is unfit to run the team if that happens.

I do remember you mentioning that about Telesco now that I think about it.

The Colts have been living off borrowed time for too long...they are due for a run of mediocrity. It's a shame they got Luck but maybe the rest of us will "luck" out and they'll continue to draft poorly and make ridiculous trades.

Is anyone else thinking the Colts are a bit overhyped? I mean they look good and definitely could beat us. But I keep hearing them as Superbowl contenders, but their run defense and o-line look possibly even worse than last year. You can win a lot of games on Luck's arm and mop up bad teams...but I feel like against physical teams that may be outmatched.

Since he's on IR/NFI thought the rules precluded him coming back to practice for 6 weeks, game for 8? Or does it count training camp?

that post was from before he was placed on short term IR.

The new time frame since then is he can practice starting the Tuesday after week 6 (10/13)

As do I. The Bills are capable of shutting the Colts offense down and their defense is far from scary. Remember the Colts only managed 7points against NE in the Championship game, and only 7 against the Cowboys late in the year on the road. The managed 17 points against Houston late in the year at home. None of those defenses are a good as Buffalo's. Frank Gore gives them a theoretically better running attack, but that really does remain to be seen, especially with Gore's high mileage. I do not expect Pagano to outcoach Rex in the O vs. D game.

The Bills at home on opening day, in Game 1 of Ryan's Buffalo tenure, favors the Bills. I like Buffalo to win this game, and perhaps big.

Not having Dareus wreak havoc will hurt the Bills line. He is a game changer

@zkeefer: Chuck Pagano says that starting running back Frank Gore will be on a pitch count, at least to start the season. Need him for playoffs.

Hmm, planning for the playoffs in September. Doesn't seem like the right mentality to have

Edited by CNY315

@zkeefer: Chuck Pagano says that starting running back Frank Gore will be on a pitch count, at least to start the season. Need him for playoffs.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Still, I'm alight with it. They don't seem to be taking the Bills seriously, and no one, no one they have at running back scares me after Gore.

Does anyone think the Bills can't stop the run with 6 men in the box?