Predictions for the first 4 games of the season

TSOL

Predictions and scores for first four games, regardless of who starts at QB, where do you see us at.

Week 1: Indy 27

Bills 20 L

Week 2: NE 17

Bills 24 W

Week 3: Miami 10

Bills 24 W

Week 4: Giants 23

Bills 21 L

I see us 2-2 winning our division games. Let's go Buffalo!

Taking each game individually:

Indianapolis has started notoriously slow in each of the first three seasons for Andrew Luck. In fact in three years, their only opening day win was at home. They lost both away games @ Chicago and @ Denver. In fact, in the first collective 9 games over the three years, they went 5-4. That seems crazy considering that each year they finished 11-5. Coming into Buffalo given expectations there is going to be crazy. I think the Bills defense wins the game for them at home.

New England will (at least for now) be visiting the Bills at home in their second game of the season and their second game without Tom Brady. Once again, I think our defense is going to be way too much for the Patriots to handle. Is Jimmy G. going to be ready for our pass rush? I say another win for the Bills.

Miami on the road will be a test for sure. The addition of Suh makes the Miami defense a real threat, particularly if we're putting our statue under center for the game. I would like to bill-eve that they will be ready for this game, but this is Miami's home opener. I hate to pick a loss here as well, but am going to.

NY Giants at home is the 3rd of 4 games at home. Giants were 3 and 5 on the road last year and comes to Buffalo with a suspect defense. Their offense was pretty good last year, but the Bills defense has improved from where they were last year when they handled better bigger brother Peyton. So I have the Bills winning here again to start the season 3-1. At this point I have New England at 2-2, the Jets at 1-3 and Miami at 4-0.

I predict pain! Like Mr. T kind of pain!

rocky-iii-33.png

I think our Defense is going to inflict massive pain on opponents. So much so that teams will fear playing the Bills.

Here come the pain foo!

And then Dareus will get caught racing again or something else stupid. He will be in jail for a while because he didn't listen to Chris Carter when he said "You need a fall guy". And then teams will run against the Bills like a freight train. - JUST KIDDING!

Edited by PolishDave

Predictions and scores for first four games, regardless of who starts at QB, where do you see us at.

Week 1: Indy 27

Bills 20 L

Week 2: NE 17

Bills 24 W

Week 3: Miami 10

Bills 24 W

Week 4: Giants 23

Bills 21 L

Nah - 3-1. We beat Indy at home.

Nah - 3-1. We beat Indy at home.

Agreed. I don't understand the respect for Indy around here. They are a SOFT team that has won very few (i.e., zero) tough road games during the Luck era. We will stomp them.

I predict pain! Like Mr. T kind of pain!

rocky-iii-33.png

I think our Defense is going to inflict massive pain on opponents. So much so that teams will fear playing the Bills.

Here come the pain foo!

And then Dareus will get caught racing again or something else stupid. He will be in jail for a while because he didn't listen to Chris Carter when he said "You need a fall guy". And then teams will run against the Bills like a freight train. - JUST KIDDING!

Hahahahah! You win the internet for the day!

Edited by mastershake

Very much agree.

I predict losses against Indy and NY, because even with our defense, I think top tier QB's could give us trouble. Aggressive defense can be game planned for, and our secondary may be able to be exploited by the real good experienced quarterbacks.

I predict losses against Indy and NY, because even with our defense, I think top tier QB's could give us trouble. Aggressive defense can be game planned for, and our secondary may be able to be exploited by the real good experienced quarterbacks.

Ask Manning, Rodgers, and Brady how well they did against last years Bills defense. This year the defense should be better.

Sorry, Luck and E Manning are in for a world of hurt.

Edited by old school

Week 1 - The Colts start out by trying to prove their commitment to a more balanced offense by running the ball with Gore. However, their offensive line is not great at run blocking and the Bills, possibly with Red Bryant in on early downs, stuff the run and make it pretty clear early that the Colts are going to have to beat them throwing. The Bills start with long, methodical drives down the field with a healthy dose of McCoy and Clay on underneath routes lead them to a 10-3 first quarter lead. The Colts come out firing in the 2nd Quarter and Luck gets the offense moving picking on Ron Darby's side of the field and using the size advantage of his tight ends getting mismatched against Robey. 13-13 HT. The Bills pick Luck off on his first drive of the second half and turn it into 7 and then begin to win the field position and time of possession battle. A late Colts TD drive is not enough to snatch the win. Bills win 26-20.

Week 2 - New England comes in and struggles to cover the Bills wideouts. Short throws are turned into big gains and with Jimmy G unable to test the Bills defense deep and Brown and Bradham patrolling the areas in which Edelman and Amendola like to work it is 14-3 Bills at the half. New England finally gets Gronk going in the 3rd Quarter but they also turn the ball over twice and can't keep Watkins under wraps. This ends up comfortable in the 4th. Bills win 28-13.

Week 3 - This time it is the Bills who are in a hole early as Tannehill dinks and dunks down the field for an opening drive score. The Bills hurt themselves with turnovers and end up staring at a 17-3 half time deficit. The Bills come out energized from the break and Tyrod (whether starting or in as a wildcat) makes some plays with his legs to drag them back into the game but Miami's defense stiffens in the 4th quarter and Tannehill adds another strike to seal the win. Miami win 24-13.

Week 4 - The Giants hit the Bills deep and early but the Bills don't panic and move the chains against a suspect Giants rush defense with McCoy breaking a big one to level the scores. The Bills control the ball and the clock for the rest of the first half and lead 13-7 at the half. Eli briefly restores the Giants lead but from then on in the Bills defense comes up big with a pick 6 and the ball control offense sees them home. Bills win 23-14.

Through 4 weeks - 3-1.

It will be hard to clean their blood stains from the turf.

Week 1 - The Colts start out by trying to prove their commitment to a more balanced offense by running the ball with Gore. However, their offensive line is not great at run blocking and the Bills, possibly with Red Bryant in on early downs, stuff the run and make it pretty clear early that the Colts are going to have to beat them throwing. The Bills start with long, methodical drives down the field with a healthy dose of McCoy and Clay on underneath routes lead them to a 10-3 first quarter lead. The Colts come out firing in the 2nd Quarter and Luck gets the offense moving picking on Ron Darby's side of the field and using the size advantage of his tight ends getting mismatched against Robey. 13-13 HT. The Bills pick Luck off on his first drive of the second half and turn it into 7 and then begin to win the field position and time of possession battle. A late Colts TD drive is not enough to snatch the win. Bills win 26-20.

Week 2 - New England comes in and struggles to cover the Bills wideouts. Short throws are turned into big gains and with Jimmy G unable to test the Bills defense deep and Brown and Bradham patrolling the areas in which Edelman and Amendola like to work it is 14-3 Bills at the half. New England finally gets Gronk going in the 3rd Quarter but they also turn the ball over twice and can't keep Watkins under wraps. This ends up comfortable in the 4th. Bills win 28-13.

Week 3 - This time it is the Bills who are in a hole early as Tannehill dinks and dunks down the field for an opening drive score. The Bills hurt themselves with turnovers and end up staring at a 17-3 half time deficit. The Bills come out energized from the break and Tyrod (whether starting or in as a wildcat) makes some plays with his legs to drag them back into the game but Miami's defense stiffens in the 4th quarter and Tannehill adds another strike to seal the win. Miami win 24-13.

Week 4 - The Giants hit the Bills deep and early but the Bills don't panic and move the chains against a suspect Giants rush defense with McCoy breaking a big one to level the scores. The Bills control the ball and the clock for the rest of the first half and lead 13-7 at the half. Eli briefly restores the Giants lead but from then on in the Bills defense comes up big with a pick 6 and the ball control offense sees them home. Bills win 23-14.

Through 4 weeks - 3-1.

I like your W/L predictions but no chance these games are that high scoring. Our offense wont be able to put up 23+ points 4 weeks in a row.

Mastershake, I was just wondering yesterday when somebody was going to put this up. Well, here goes:

Colts L, even with our D, Bills not up to being able to hang w/ serious playoff teams.

Pats W, Bills D going to come after Garropolo like a piece of raw meat. He'll be the one that gets deflated.

Fish L, tough road game, they got a QB, and Suh on D.

G-Men W even w/ Eli, Giants are going through changes.

Didn't bother with the scores. No disrespect, I don't care if the Bills win 99-0, or 2-0. A W is a W to me, that's the main thing.

I don't understand picking the stinkin' fish or the NJ Giants over our Bills. The other two games could be very tough. The Miami game is more important than the Colts. I believe the Bills can win all four.

Mastershake, I was just wondering yesterday when somebody was going to put this up. Well, here goes:

Colts L, even with our D, Bills not up to being able to hang w/ serious playoff teams.

Pats W, Bills D going to come after Garropolo like a piece of raw meat. He'll be the one that gets deflated.

Fish L, tough road game, they got a QB, and Suh on D.

G-Men W even w/ Eli, Giants are going through changes.

Didn't bother with the scores. No disrespect, I don't care if the Bills win 99-0, or 2-0. A W is a W to me, that's the main thing.

Except when we "hung with" Green Bay presumably. The Bills at home can hang with teams that wanna beat us throwing.

I say 3-1. We'll beat Indy and the Pats (we will slaughter the Pats if Brady does not play), lose to Dolphins there and beat Giants in Buffalo.

I see Luck having one of his 27 of 35 for 300 yards and 3 TD and two INT days, but we win that one with a defensive TD, two offensive TDs and 2 FGs

I like your W/L predictions but no chance these games are that high scoring. Our offense wont be able to put up 23+ points 4 weeks in a row.

I agree. My concern right now is that Bills opponents see our QB (whoever he'll be) and O-line as the weak spots. Therefore they are going to load the box on us & force the QB to beat them with his arm. Even with a good run game, it'll be hard for the offense to put up more than, about 24 pts per game. Our year will rise or fall according to our defense, and hope that our offense improves as the season goes. Go Bills

The Senator, on 25 Aug 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:snapback.png

I have but one word to add...

19 and 0, baby!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

this guy knows

19 wins after only 4 games? We're going to be magicians!

My picks:

Bills 19 Colts 17, Luck gets them some points but our defense gets to him when it needs to

Without Brady, Bills 20 Pats 13, with Brady, Pats 24 Bills 17, just being realistic

Bills 16 Dolphins 13

Bills 20 Giants 3

So depending on the Brady trial I can see us going 3-1, 4-0

I'll raise you one 3-1.

Week 1: Indy 23 Bills 21 L

Week 2: NE 17 Bills 23 W

Week 3: Miami 13 Bills 27 W

Week 4: Giants 19 Bills 24 W

Let's go Buffalo!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I'm truly loving the optimism!

Hope for the best, but expect the worst. I'm thinking, statistically, OBJ has better stats than Sammy in our game against the Giants.

Edited by mastershake

• 2 weeks later...

Colts - Luck has a field day picking on #28. Gets early lead. Bills have to play catch up and abandon running game. Taylor running for his life. Colts win.

Patriots - Brady has a field day picking on #28. Gets early lead. Bills have to play catch up and abandon running game. Taylor running for his life. Patriots win.

Dolphins - Tannehill has a field day picking on #28. Get early lead. Bills have to play catch up and abandon running game. Taylor running for his life. Dolphins win.

Giants - Manning harassed by Bills D. Shakes it off, picks on # 28 replacement. E.J.Manuel drive halted inside red zone with time running out. Bills lose on missed field goal. Giants win.

Bills 0-4.

Fans start calling for Ryan to be fired. Harvey Johnson playbook found on-line. Bills regroup. Go 11-5 with their only remaining loss to Jacksonville in London when the Jags unveil their "bangers & mash" defense.