is Ray Rice coming to Buffalo for a look-see?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and like someone said, he hasn't showed the required remorse.

everything ive read has been completely the opposite. any feedback ive heard is that hes not just completed everything you could ask for, but that hes done it with sincerity. a couple of DV organizations have even publicly endorsed what hes done, and the good that he could continue to do with the right stage.

is there something in particular you would be looking for out of an athlete in this situation?

Where's the backlash towards Minnesota? Usually the preconceived backlash is far worse than the actual.

I don't know, man, I think people realize AP is just an idiot. He thought that's how you raise and discipline kids. Not at all the same as slugging a woman in the face.

McCoy and Freddie and possibly Bryce are all suffering from hamstring injuries. These types of injuries linger. If it were only one guy then I'd pass on Ray, but it isn't. I just want to win. At all costs. Sign him. Give him a shot.

Yes he punched her smack in the face. Have you read what Hardy did? Have you ever read the details of Vick's crime? I think Rice should be given a second chance not a third. Hardy's crime sounds much worse. I don't think Vick should ever have been allowed back in the league and meanwhile Patrick Roy is the head coach of Colorado.

Let's just change the name of the team to the Oakland Raiders.

I hear ya, Doc. It seems some fans actually WANT a team full of thugs. As if being a thug somehow makes one a better football player.

And seq, you make a very good point. But you know we can only focus on the latest incidents. Don't ask people to actually remember stuff that happened years ago. If it isn't on TV/Internet/Radio Talk shows, it is totally out of consciousness. And unless it's the latest stuff, well, those media outlets don't often bring it up. (Follow-up? What's that?)

Fortunately McCoy looks to be good to go for the season (as do Fred and Williams Karlos Williams). Otherwise it would be interesting to see how Rex would back down from his previous pronouncements that the Bills would NOT sign Rice.

I don't know, man, I think people realize AP is just an idiot. He thought that's how you raise and discipline kids. Not at all the same as slugging a woman in the face.

I think its worse to hit a four year old. JMO.

I hear ya, Doc. It seems some fans actually WANT a team full of thugs. As if being a thug somehow makes one a better football player.

And seq, you make a very good point. But you know we can only focus on the latest incidents. Don't ask people to actually remember stuff that happened years ago. If it isn't on TV/Internet/Radio Talk shows, it is totally out of consciousness. And unless it's the latest stuff, well, those media outlets don't often bring it up. (Follow-up? What's that?)

Fortunately McCoy looks to be good to go for the season (as do Fred and Williams Karlos Williams). Otherwise it would be interesting to see how Rex would back down from his previous pronouncements that the Bills would NOT sign Rice.

And, yes, Rice should be able to provide for his family, and I have no problem getting a second chance in the NFL. I just hope the Bills are the team to have to give him one. Also, he should have already made enough money to "provide for his family" for several lifetimes and a very large family.

It may be worth the time to read up on the make up of men who beat up women. I spent the first half of my life surrounded by them, and it is rarely, if ever, a 'one time incident.'

Also, Ray Rice is absolutely allowed to provide for his family. He just can't do it playing football. There is only one person to blame for that, and it sure the hell ain't a preconceived notion.

It was a punch, he didn't continue to beat her afterwards. Probably a snap reaction. Have you or anyone else heard of a similar incident from Rice?

I think a Rice signing would be one step over that line. It's noble we are handing out second chances but what Ray Rice did is pretty bad, and like someone said, he hasn't showed the required remorse. The Bills don't need that distraction. Sign some fodder RBs.

He speaks on domestic violence. He's gone through and completed dv treatment. He's lost over a year salary. They went on to get married with no DV reoccurring. What more remorse would you like?

Edited by seq004

If you want to cry for Ray Rice be my guest, but being able to play a child's game for a living should be a privilege. Nobody "deserves" a second chance though some players may be more likely to find a team willing it to give it them than others. Ray Rice can provide for his family by getting another job just like everybody else.

I'm sorry you feel this way!!

Maybe that's how Rice feels women should be treated?

I think you're just going for a reaction, but that's a pretty silly statement. AP didn't get drunk, then punch his kid in the face and knock him out. What he did with the switch is shocking to many and, in this day and age, culturally unacceptable, but a lot of folks didn't think it was that big of a deal.

It was a punch, he didn't continue to beat her afterwards. Probably a snap reaction. Have you or anyone else heard of a similar incident from Rice?

We get back to the point where violence is considered an acceptable reaction to a non-violent situation. It simply isn't. With a man, woman or child, IMO. We are just not beginning to see it should not be used against women (hey, it's a start). And there is some swell of support against using it against our children (though some seem to think "spare the rod, spoil the child" is still an acceptable view). I think a man hitting another man, when there is no violent precursor, is also wrong and something we should be vigilant against.

I'm down with this.

I really don't care anymore about off field character. To me, the NFL is a prison league. Too many guys suck to keep track and pass selective judgement. I find it more enjoyable with that mindset.

I used to hate dancing after sacks and TDs and such, but learned to embrace it and it made the game more enjoyable back in the day. To the point I get angry when flags are thrown for celebrations now.

Provide for his family my ass. The guy made millions playing in the NFL. If he managed his money he shouldn't have to work another day in his life. Let's save the provide the family stuff for people who are actually struggling to earn a living.

Reminds me of the infamous Patrick Ewing "my family needs to eat" comment during the NBA strike. These guys are so out of touch with reality...

We get back to the point where violence is considered an acceptable reaction to a non-violent situation. It simply isn't. With a man, woman or child, IMO. We are just not beginning to see it should not be used against women (hey, it's a start). And there is some swell of support against using it against our children (though some seem to think "spare the rod, spoil the child" is still an acceptable view). I think a man hitting another man, when there is no violent precursor, is also wrong and something we should be vigilant against.

I agree!! I'm all about Peace!! Yet people ridicule our President when he practices this method.

Ray Rice was running poorly before he slugged his wife. Not sure he's even the best option that could be had talent wise at this point. He's a name that comes to mind because he used to be good, but it's possible that coupled with all the time off he's washed up anyways. Doesn't seem worth it with the baggage.

But if there are no other options and our entire roster of RBs is hurt...

I agree!! I'm all about Peace!! Yet people ridicule our President when he practices this method.

Sure, you say that now. But one little Proton Energy Pill and all hell breaks loose.

Ray Rice never hit me. The woman he hit seems to have forgiven him. No one else is a victim, just her. As his wife the consequences of his not earning money are shared with him. It doesn't seem obvious to me why if the actual victim has forgiven him, why she should continue to be punished along with him.

Ray Rice never hit me. The woman he hit seems to have forgiven him. No one else is a victim, just her. As his wife the consequences of his not earning money are shared with him. It doesn't seem obvious to me why if the actual victim has forgiven him, why she should continue to be punished along with him.

He can go out and get a job if he needs money. So can she. No one is stopping that.

All five of their injured RB's, with the possible exception of Dixon, will be ready by September 13th so unless they think he's better than any of those five guys, which he's not, then they might as well just sign another college UDFA and not draw the attention. If I was a team that didn't have a legitimate RB on my roster and thought he had a legitimate chance to compete, I would have no issues signing him.

per WGR sources, discussions have begun at One Bills Drive...

he deserves a 2nd shot, why not?

I keep hearing RBs are a dime a dozen. I don't think we need another washed up RB on this team. Sorry, but I pass on RR.

And seq, you make a very good point. But you know we can only focus on the latest incidents. Don't ask people to actually remember stuff that happened years ago. If it isn't on TV/Internet/Radio Talk shows, it is totally out of consciousness. And unless it's the latest stuff, well, those media outlets don't often bring it up. (Follow-up?

Dean I respect your opinions. I know you have been on here a long time also, but I just can't agree. I think we should look at all of the crimes, indiscretions of players and the league should be uniform in punishments. Hitting a women is wrong we all know that, howeverif Michael Vick is respected today by the league and players would he be reformed if he never was given the opportunity for a second chance? For the record I thought Vick's crime was so gross. Edited by seq004

He was injured in Baltimore. He doesn't have a history of beating women. He made a huge, critical mistake!! People makes mistakes. People reform. His wife forgave him, why can't the "moral police"?

From what i read he was a role model before that incident. lots of charity work