Powell carted off field! - Torn ACL out for season

KDIGGZ

Ty Powell just got carted off the field during 11 on 11's. Seems to be in a lot of pain. Not good

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 29m
29 minutes ago
LB Ty Powell getting carted off. Was visibly in a lot of pain on field. #Bills

Vic Carucci@viccarucci 29m29 minutes ago
LB Ty Powell is down being tended to by trainers. Holding right knee. Being carted off. #Bills-#Browns

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 2m
2 minutes ago
Bills fans need to hope Ty Powell isn't as serious as it looked. If it is, AJ Tarpley would be the next man up in that spot behind 52/53

As per Rex, it looks like it might be a torn ACL which would mean an end to his season

Edited by kdiggz

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IK might be a really big pick up if this is serious.

Different positions, I think. Powell was the main backup for the ILB spot, IK is backing up the OLB/DE spot.

Looking at free agents and Akeem Jordan seems to be available. He was highly thought of by a few not so long ago.

Going down the youth route, I liked Andrew Jackson at WKU. Cut by the Colts after a year, just your classic Mike thumper.

Edited by Blokestradamus

let's wait and see what they say about Powell before we get too crazy. i think AJ Tarpley can fill in for a few weeks. but if Powell is out for the season then maybe they try and get another vet like Spikes

also, how about Steward the 6th round pick? how has he looked?

Can we panic now, kdiggz?

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan said Ty Powell has a possible ACL injury. Fear is that it's of the season ending variety.

Man, we seem to be thin at LB already. Feel really bad for him after reading articles about him finally finding his true position. Two strong backups now gone for the year.....ouch.

let's wait and see what they say about Powell before we get too crazy. i think AJ Tarpley can fill in for a few weeks. but if Powell is out for the season then maybe they try and get another vet like Spikes

also, how about Steward the 6th round pick? how has he looked?

I think any team that signs Spikes at this point would have to assume that he'll be suspended for some number of games at the beginning of the season because of this incident:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/01/nfls-brandon-spikes-guilty-in-maybach-crash/

I think any team that signs Spikes at this point would have to assume that he'll be suspended for some number of games at the beginning of the season because of this incident:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/01/nfls-brandon-spikes-guilty-in-maybach-crash/

He could be suspended before the 2016 season since his transgression occurred in 2015. It seems to work that way (a year later) using Bradham and Dareus as examples.

I didn't like what I saw from Powell on Friday but I sure felt a lot better with him healthy than with him out. Huge blow for him and for our depth at an already thin spot. Having said that I didn't think Tarpley made the team with Powell healthy now he gets his chance... next man up.

So, far all the good Karma that came the BILLS' way ala Pegula family and their fantastic executive decisions, the LB ACL curse seems to be trying to balance it all out....ughh. Hopefully, BILLS brass can put together a couple good players to make up for the ones just lost, via Wynn and Powell. Feel bad for the kid too, he has worked his tail off to get a legit opportunity and just when it seemed he was primed to make the jump, this happens to his knee. Hope he heals fast and completely to revive his hopes at some point in the future. Best wishes.

All of this can be attributed to a mysterious cosmic energy that consumes the universe, but, for the time being, has fixated on Pittsford, NY, specifically on the professional football team called the Buffalo Bills, which is currently training there.

Yep. That's it.