I propose: Bryce Brown and EJ Manuel for Zach Mettenberger

symbiant

Keep posting that in every thread while clicking your heels and it just might come true. :lol:[/quote

It probably will.

It might and might not. Still TBD. I need to see more than the runaround. Show me the pocket presence with accuracy and timing of deliveries with the right reads.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

May as well trade Brown for whatever you can get for him even if its just a pizza party for the other guys. I highly doubt he is on this team come opening day whether they can get anything for him or not.

Ej on the other hand, I want to see how the rest of the preseason goes.

According to these guys it might not be a bad idea for Whaley to take a look his way !

All's the Bills need is a good QB & he would jump at the chance to be the starter again but i don't know with who the Titans have behind him if they would let him go ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000510282/article/michael-robinson-zach-mettenberger-is-a-starter

According to these guys it might not be a bad idea for Whaley to take a look his way !

All's the Bills need is a good QB & he would jump at the chance to be the starter again but i don't know with who the Titans have behind him if they would let him go ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000510282/article/michael-robinson-zach-mettenberger-is-a-starter

The QB spot will be fine. Give it a break.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just thinking if I were Whaley, I'd be calling to find out the asking price. A couple players and a late pick is about the threshold in my mind - but who knows. Titans like him and may want a ton in return, in that case - no thanks.

Was just thinking if I were Whaley, I'd be calling to find out the asking price. A couple players and a late pick is about the threshold in my mind - but who knows. Titans like him and may want a ton in return, in that case - no thanks.

Face it. The Bills aren't bringing in a QB this late into the preseason.

What say you?

I already said it.

Works for "let's trade for QB X" too

Oh, heck, for those too lazy to click I'll even re-write it for you

1. go to the website for QB X current team

2. click on "Roster"

3. click on the POS. heading to sort by player position (no, it's not an abbreviation for Piece of ...)

4. scroll down to QB and look at who is on the roster

5. mentally remove QB X and say "if I'm (name of coach), do I want to go into the season with those guys at QB?

If the answer is "Not unless all the opposing players have severe diarrhea", QB X will not be available for trade unless an equal or better QB is signed

Let's perform this exercise for Zack Mettenberger. The Titans have 3 QB on the roster: rookie Mariota (known as a runner), Zach Mettenberger, and "trick shot QB" Alex Tanney..

Do you want to go into the season with a rookiie whose injury-proneness is unknown at QB backed up by Tanney?

I say "no, not unless all the opposing players have severe diarrhea"

Therefore Zack Mettenberger will not be available for trade unless we offer a QB in exchange that the Titans consider equal or better. You propose EJ plus Brown for Mettenberger. So if EJ Manuel is considered by the Titans to be equal or better than Mettenberger (whose stats and record, btw, are neither better nor worse than EJ's), enough so to make up for the disadvantage of EJ not knowing their playbook, why again would we want to trade EJ?

Edited by Hopeful

I already said it.

Works for "let's trade for QB X" too

Oh, heck, for those too lazy to click I'll even re-write it for you

1. go to the website for QB X current team

2. click on "Roster"

3. click on the POS. heading to sort by player position (no, it's not an abbreviation for Piece of ...)

4. scroll down to QB and look at who is on the roster

5. mentally remove QB X and say "if I'm (name of coach), do I want to go into the season with those guys at QB?

If the answer is "Not unless all the opposing players have severe diarrhea", QB X will not be available for trade unless an equal or better QB is signed

Let's perform this exercise for Zack Mettenberger. The 49ers have 3 QB on the roster: rookie Mariota (known as a runner), Zach Mettenberger, and "trick shot QB" Alex Tanney..

Do you want to go into the season with a rookiie whose injury-proneness is unknown at QB backed up by Tanney?

I say "no, not unless all the opposing players have severe diarrhea"

Therefore Zack Mettenberger will not be available for trade unless we offer a QB in exchange that the Titans consider equal or better. You propose EJ plus Brown for Mettenberger. So if EJ Manuel is considered by the Titans to be equal or better than Mettenberger (whose stats and record, btw, are neither better nor worse than EJ's), enough so to make up for the disadvantage of EJ not knowing their playbook, why again would we want to trade EJ?

Um, don't forget about clipboard Jesus.

We're the deer, and the oncoming headlights are QB ineptitude... Should we stand there and let it hit us, or do something about it? By all means TRADE... perhaps not for Mettenberger, or Perhaps not even EJ, (Even though it could be the best thing for him).... DO SOMETHING to improve our lot at QB.... Not doing anything is just plain ignorant.