worst first round pick

nuklz2594

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donte Whitner. He cost the Bills approx. 36 million in true cap dollars and was all but worthless. To make things even worse, the 2006 draft was chock full of much better players, and Levy admitted that he had multiple offers to trade down.

Levy/Jauron was the worst combo that I can ever recall, and the team suffered for many, many years due to their flat out idiocy.

Really? A guy with multiple pro bowls was a worse pick than Patulski, Mike Williams, Maybin, Eric Flowers and Cousineau? We all know that you hate DBs and Whitner in particular but he is far above those guys. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Really? A guy with multiple pro bowls was a worse pick than Patulski, Mike Williams, Maybin, Eric Flowers and Cousineau? We all know that you hate DBs and Whitner in particular but he is far above those guys.

Sure KJ, there were worse players than Whitner. That said, look who went AFTER him and as I said, numerous trade offers were turned down.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/years/2006

Donte Whitner. He cost the Bills approx. 36 million in true cap dollars and was all but worthless. To make things even worse, the 2006 draft was chock full of much better players, and Levy admitted that he had multiple offers to trade down.

Levy/Jauron was the worst combo that I can ever recall, and the team suffered for many, many years due to their flat out idiocy.

no... Just no. He's a dbag for sure but not even in top 5 1st round busts for Bills. He's not even a bust, period.

all i have read is ej will be cut. if so, will be the worst 1st round bust in bills history? was not old enough for the walt somethingski pick.

all you have read is EJ will be cut? Edited by YoloinOhio

Sure KJ, there were worse players than Whitner. That said, look who went AFTER him and as I said, numerous trade offers were turned down.

Bill, The Levy/Jauron set this franchise back by years.

I thought that Whitner was a dedicated and full effort player who had a good career . Compared to some of the horrible picks in the Bills' history of making odd picks Whitner was an acceptable selection (at least by our perplexing drafting standard). I always felt that his performance was unfairly downgraded because he played for a dysfunctional organization.

Worst first round pick: Phil Doaks DT OK ST.

Just when I thought this thread couldn't depress me any more, I clicked on that link and saw the name John McCargo. A trade up for John McCargo. That's certainly worth an honorable mention on the all time list. :wallbash:

But Maybin is the without question the all time champ. I can't see how people can compare Mike Williams (56 starts) to Maybin (1 start; literally could have drafted Beerball and gotten the same productivity).

I'm laughing out loud at the long list of names in this thread, many of which are SOLID contenders for worst first round pick in Bills history! No shortage of quality contenders here!

:lol:

This is not our first bout of suckitude. We've been at this off and on for quite a while and that's one tool you need in your bag to pull it off.

I guess if you look at it that way, being the 1st overall pick and all. I remember him being mediocre, but not completely worthless. They at least got a 2nd-round pick for him, which ended up being Joe Devlin... more than they got for Maybin, Tom Ruud, or Phil "Okie" Dokes.

As for EJ, I don't see any real difference between him and JP as it stands right now.

Except EJ got us picks when we traded down - we got Kiko and Gragg

Except EJ got us picks when we traded down - we got Kiko and Gragg

True. Maybe we'll get something for EJ if/when he is finally gone, unlike JP. I do see a lot of similarities to date though... both inconstant, both inaccurate, both suddenly got the rug pulled out from under them, both with imagined conspiracy theories from the same small-but-vocal part of the fanbase. Neither are close to the worst though, at least they have positively contributed to Bills victories.