Brady's reaction to having to buy $8500 pool cover

I bet Brady is fun to hang out with. Someone you would want to have a beer with. Doesn't matter how much he has made in his lifetime. 9k for a pool cover is stupid. I agree with him.

I could not disagree more! He comes across as a whiney, high maintenance B word. Of course I'm a little biased.

*and he wouldn't be drinking beer, it would be some sort of spritzer or possibly a Zima.

Edited by chknwing334

Maybe it is just me, and I hate Brady as much as the rest of you, but how are his personal e-mails not relevant to the case being released to the public? That kind of annoys me. Is this BAU court procedure?

i haven't followed the Brady thread closely but the answer is probably in there

That was hilarious but i have to admit I think I like Brady just a little bit more now. I dunno . . . maybe those emails humanized him or something . . .

Maybe it is just me, and I hate Brady as much as the rest of you, but how are his personal e-mails not relevant to the case being released to the public? That kind of annoys me. Is this BAU court procedure?

Part of his suspension was because he didn't cooperate with the investigation. This included personal data on his phone including emails and txts. The content of those withheld texts and emails are relevant and almost everything that goes into court proceedings is on the public record.

In-ground winter (mesh) pool covers are crazy expensive, especially if you have a large, custom shaped pool. Where I live they have to meet municipal code. One of the requirements is being able to support a 250 pound person without shearing or collapsing.

Brady is a douche.

I'm not sure what the big deal is, here.

I can't see myself reacting any differently in a similar situation.

Vince Young would have just bought it without asking any questions. That's why he and other idiot former-millionaire athletes are broke and Brady never will be.

Let's just say my wife and I made a combined $120K.

Brady and "G" supposedly combine for $76M.

So, let's just say my wife and I make 0.16% what the Bradies do.

So, the $8,500 pool cover to them is the equivalent of a $13.42 purchase for us.

I don't think we'd **** ourselves in a protracted email chain...over $13.42.

TL;DR: Brady's a dick.

So, the $8,500 pool cover to them is the equivalent of a $13.42 purchase for us.

If it were a message board thread then hell yes, I think you would. ;)

I applaud Brady for thinking $8500 is a lot of money. He's not going to be like so many of them and end up broke as hell because of it.

But he's still a douche.

This is why you get slapped on PPP. $8,500 is $8,500. People's income levels don't matter - it's still an expensive cover, and reasonable to wonder why he needs two expensive covers.

I applaud Brady for thinking $8500 is a lot of money. He's not going to be like so many of them and end up broke as hell because of it.

But he's still a douche.

This is why you get slapped on PPP. $8,500 is $8,500. People's income levels don't matter - it's still an expensive cover, and reasonable to wonder why he needs two expensive covers.

First, I haven't graced the door of PPP in years. There's a reason for that.

Also, yeah I get it, it's not strictly proportional, but some things cost money: having a stupid big pool is one of them.

So, either he's dickishly frugal, or he's HORRIBLE at forecasting the costs of things.

Let's round out the analogy, shall we?

That pool probably cost, at LEAST a quarter million dollars. If I'm going to drop a quarter million on something, I aint losing sleep over the occasional $8,500 it requires to keep it functioning.

In sticking with the same percentages, that would be the equivalent of us dropping $400 on something.

That would be approximately the cost of a cheap bike. My wife bikes to work (her bike is much more expensive), but it works here.

If she wore out her brakes, she wouldn't **** a brick about spending $13.42 to fix them. Period.

First, I haven't graced the door of PPP in years. There's a reason for that.

Also, yeah I get it, it's not strictly proportional, but some things cost money: having a stupid big pool is one of them.

So, either he's dickishly frugal, or he's HORRIBLE at forecasting the costs of things.

Let's round out the analogy, shall we?

That pool probably cost, at LEAST a quarter million dollars. If I'm going to drop a quarter million on something, I aint losing sleep over the occasional $8,500 it requires to keep it functioning.

In sticking with the same percentages, that would be the equivalent of us dropping $400 on something.

That would be approximately the cost of a cheap bike. My wife bikes to work (her bike is much more expensive), but it works here.

If she wore out her brakes, she wouldn't **** a brick about spending $13.42 to fix them. Period.

So the moral of the story is that your wife should downshift more?