Trade Idea. Fred Jackson

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is far fetched, if anything he'd bring us a 6th or 7th draft pick. Or a backup center.

But, Dallas would be a nice place for him, they don't need him as much as they could use him since their OL blocks well. But, he could stay in and protect Homo or he could bounce out and catch screens when he sees he's not needed (he's a smart player).

Doubtful that it happens, but if the Bills are set to cut Freddie they might be able to work a deal for a player who is slated to be cut elsewhere (and who isn't PS eligible). A team deep at OL but shaky at RB like Dallas would fit that. Sometimes things like that happen at final cut downs. Edited by BarleyNY

Sometimes, I'm peeing in the urinal and I think..I wonder if I could do a cool trick like a backflip and still manage not to miss. I think better of trying and go on my way. I feel like this thread is equal to that idea.

I hope I'm nowhere near by if that ever happens.

I think the OP's screen name says it all, though I'd like to see the backflip at the urinal (from a safe distance, from a safe distance)

I'd love to get a quality OLman for a 34 yr old running back but if Dallas GM or any other GM went for that idea the men in the little white coats would take them away and give them soothing injections.

I love Jackson as a player and even more as a leader and person but let's be honest he took a step back last year. What about trading him to Dallas for one of their offensive lineman. They have the best line in the NFL and I am sure we could come up with at the minimum a strong guard back-up which we badly need. They need a running back pretty bad right now and he would have a great opportunity to be a solid contributor if not the starter to a team most probably playoff bound. Not a bad way to end a career especially running behind the best line in the NFL. We have plenty of talent to back up Shady McCoy. It would be a win win for all.

only for Romo

I believe there is a universe somewhere where I win the lottery and we get a first round pick for Fred.

:thumbsup:

I love Jackson as a player and even more as a leader and person but let's be honest he took a step back last year. What about trading him to Dallas for one of their offensive lineman. They have the best line in the NFL and I am sure we could come up with at the minimum a strong guard back-up which we badly need. They need a running back pretty bad right now and he would have a great opportunity to be a solid contributor if not the starter to a team most probably playoff bound. Not a bad way to end a career especially running behind the best line in the NFL. We have plenty of talent to back up Shady McCoy. It would be a win win for all.

I'll repeat an earlier post....Try for Aaron Rodgers first.

I like the idea, but with Bryce Brown. Brown has some upside and I don't think he got a fair shake here but I don't think there's space for him here between a legit superstar in LeSean, team captain and locker room leader Freddy, short yard special teamer Boobie, and the cheap one cut runner of the future Karlos.

Fred has about as much trade value as I do. Fred will be lucky to make the team and play out his final year of his contract. That would be a nice story though if he could go home to Dallas and make the team there next year. My worst case scenario would be to see him go to the Pats and have 2 more productive years vs us