Tired of Deflategate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, it's not about needing more time. I think they just want to manage the timing for the least possible amount of media attention/scrutiny. A couple days before camp starts? Then move on to real news? That's my guess.

51-49

Forget all the suppositions about what a court may rule or what Goodell may do with the penalty...who can say that they are not at least 51% sure that thie deflation was done at the behest of brady?

If that is the commissioner's belief then he should go ahead and make a ruling. If there is a legal challenge then so be it. My major criticism with the way RG handles disciplinary issues is that too much of his determination is based on how he will be perceived with his rulings instead of basing his rulings on the facts of the case and the standards that have been applied in other rulings.

What is to be gained by delaying a decision? I haven't figured it out.

When you use a 51-49% standard you are in essence saying you are not sure.

If that is the commissioner's belief then he should go ahead and make a ruling. If there is a legal challenge then so be it. My major criticism with the way RG handles disciplinary issues is that too much of his determination is based on how he will be perceived with his rulings instead of basing his rulings on the facts of the case and the standards that have been applied in other rulings.

What is to be gained by delaying a decision? I haven't figured it out.

When you use a 51-49% standard you are in essence saying you are not sure.

Roger Goodell is an avid reader of TBD, and as such he has a vested interest in seeing this thread last longer than the "Last Post Wins™" thread.

I am starting to think this going to blow up in Goodells face.

The longer he waits and does nothing the worse this will be.

Its not like someone else is ruling and they have to go through all the evidence. Its himself who decided and since he was the one who handed down the initial punishment it should have taken him no time at all to rule on this appeal.

Now it looks like he may be second guessing himself and by waiting this long it may be too late and Brady will be able to play after all while this thing drags out in court

CBF

I am starting to think this going to blow up in Goodells face.

The longer he waits and does nothing the worse this will be.

Its not like someone else is ruling and they have to go through all the evidence. Its himself who decided and since he was the one who handed down the initial punishment it should have taken him no time at all to rule on this appeal.

Now it looks like he may be second guessing himself and by waiting this long it may be too late and Brady will be able to play after all while this thing drags out in court

CBF

I don't think so.

I agree with the other guy who said it was time/media management. It's obvious that they time these things to be most advantageous to them. They don't care about making the Brady camp "frustrated."

This thread is the same concept of your significant other saying they don't want to talk about it so all you do is talk more about it.

Maybe we should have a thread about the ball handling rule change that Brady endorsed. Kind of a prequel to deflategate.

Anyone see or post this stuff yet? First I've seen it today.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25248075/report-influential-owners-want-tom-brady-suspension-kept-at-4-games

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/pft-small-group-owners-want-bradys-ban-stand

NFLPA and Brady trying to pay their way out. NFL seems to have rejected it.

Bribery, isn't that illegal?

Tom Brady not saying anything during investigation says allot to me....."guilty"....and if the NFL reduces the suspension because Brady threatens to take them to court, to clear Brady's name really, really....sorry TOM but you rep is already tarnished "cheater"