Tired of Deflategate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're seriously linking a website written by a Patriots* apologist for the express purpose of deflecting the obvious perception that the Patriots* are the most egregious cheaters in the league?

Deep breathe.... I think he just missed my joke about not knowing bounty gate, as I was the one that started a bunch of threads complaining through that process. I'm pretty sure it was just a convenient link to a recap trying to be helpful, not a "look at everyone else" post

I can't wait for more former Putz players to come out and identify every cheating aspect of the Cheatriots.

the problem is when they do, the mediots (and apologists) paint them as disgruntled former players.

I say we have seen the beginning of a new era where the NFL changes the rules to limit the Putz cheating - as discussed prior

The NFL outlawed Bill Belichick's genius trick play that fooled the NFL in the playoffs

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Deep breathe.... I think he just missed my joke about not knowing bounty gate, as I was the one that started a bunch of threads complaining through that process. I'm pretty sure it was just a convenient link to a recap trying to be helpful, not a "look at everyone else" post

You were messing with me and had me confused. I fell for it. You were mocking my naiveness! I deserve to be ridiculed. :bag: The general point of the link isn't about the accuracy of the particulars of the case so much as how a low grade issue can explode into a complicated and extended mess if not dealt with good judgment and balance.

You were messing with me and had me confused. I fell for it. You were mocking my naiveness! I deserve to be ridiculed. :bag: The general point of the link isn't about the accuracy of the particulars of the case so much as how a low grade issue can explode into a complicated and extended mess if not dealt with good judgment and balance.

I still have trouble with turning this into a discussion about procedures and Goodell. However flawed the process, we have a team whose employees conspired to steal official game balls and take them into a bathroom to alter prior to a playoff game. How is that not a punishable offense? How does a fan of the game look past that established fact to worry about Goodell's role?

The team has been punished and accepted the fine. 2 of the employees were fired. A 3rd employee was suspended 4 games. He has lawyered up and raised doubts about everything but the trip to the bathroom. Don't get distracted.

kj

Perfectly written KJ.

Don't get distracted. They cheated, they need to be punished, and it's not the first time. I hope Goodell has the stones to not reduce the punishment and let it go to court. Keep up the negative press on the Cheatriots so they are the most hated team in America, and noone buys a jersey outside the NE area.

Nobody can say anything unless it is the Pats* who can say anything they want. Goodall has spoken to the offending party despite their unwillingness and obfuscation. How is it that he can't be allowed to speak with the offended party? Can all criminals now be allowed out of jail because their victims testified?

Nobody can say anything unless it is the Pats* who can say anything they want. Goodall has spoken to the offending party despite their unwillingness and obfuscation. How is it that he can't be allowed to speak with the offended party? Can all criminals now be allowed out of jail because their victims testified?

He's supposed to be an impartial arbitrator, and he's apparently been subjected to strong advice from his employers. That's problematic.

More on where this all might head: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2015/07/24/why-tom-brady-will-win-if-he-sues-roger-goodell-and-the-nfl-over-deflategate/ .

More ridiculousness from Florio...

I find it hilarious that when the Wells report first came out, he was 100% supportive of it. He's done a complete 180, to generate clicks.

I don't think Florio is being ridiculous at all. I change my mind all of the time when I'm presented with evidence that undermines what I thought. Being able to change one's mind is a sign of maturity and adaptability, I think.

He's supposed to be an impartial arbitrator, and he's apparently been subjected to strong advice from his employers. That's problematic.

More on where this all might head: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2015/07/24/why-tom-brady-will-win-if-he-sues-roger-goodell-and-the-nfl-over-deflategate/ .

I don't think Florio is being ridiculous at all. I change my mind all of the time when I'm presented with evidence that undermines what I thought. Being able to change one's mind is a sign of maturity and adaptability, I think.

Except he's trying to generate clicks for his site. He's been all over the place.

I would be completely happy if Brady's suspension was lifted but he had to read the following statement on camera:

I am sorry that I cheated again and have further eroded the integrity of the game. I came into the league a humble Michigan backup regarded as a nothing and have been able to parlay a mixture of good play, good teammates, good coaching and cheating into untold riches and fame. I look forward to moving on with my career against the Steelers in the season opener. It has been made clear to me that I can no longer expect the referee to throw a flag simply because I ask. Although the last 10 years have left me unfamiliar with a level playing field, I pledge I will do my best to play on one moving forward. I know I have been a low life piece of $%^&. Sorry.

If he wins, it basically means there are no more rules. He was found to have cheated, the league penalized him for it, and the owners support the penalty... so if it gets overturned, the NFL might as well just throw out the rule book.

1. Brady cheats which puts other teams at a disadvantage

2. He is caught and punished....appeals.

3. Goodell has to listen to him but cannot be allowed to listen to people harmed by his cheating.

That makes a lot of sense. Last time I checked "impartial" meant listening to both sides, not just one.