Tired of Deflategate

Tom Brady not saying anything during investigation says allot to me....."guilty"....and if the NFL reduces the suspension because Brady threatens to take them to court, to clear Brady's name really, really....sorry TOM but you rep is already tarnished "cheater"

Huh?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those saying that the League should have simply warned the Pats* when they got reports of underinflating balls, two points. First, life doesn't work that way--try that sometime if you ever get arrested or pulled over. "Sorry, officer, but you should have warned me first." The cheater blaming the League for not letting them off with a warning is absolutely ridiculous to the point I'm starting to think some of you are paid by the Pats* to spread doubt (much like Mike Florio seems to be ever since that switch flipped sometime in May). Secondly, remember this particular team*'s history--that warning before Spygate really did a lot of good, didn't it?

After hearing that several owners want to see the full punishment, combined with prior stories about the Pats* being the unabashed kings of tomfoolery of all kinds (witness the NFL Competition Committee members right after Spygate saying it was them over and over and over again being brought before them on charges of cheating), I really suspect that we only know less than half the story on this team. I think these guys are finally just fed up with all of it and want to not see them skate for a change.

Ummm I think the whole league was warned about altering footballs earlier in the year. I believe it was when the Vikings were heating their footballs earlier last season. A league wide memo supposedly went out to all the teams to not tamper with the footballs. I would say that's a warning.

Ummm I think the whole league was warned about altering footballs earlier in the year. I believe it was when the Vikings were heating their footballs earlier last season. A league wide memo supposedly went out to all the teams to not tamper with the footballs. I would say that's a warning.

If so, it looks like the Pats* paid as much attention to it as the explicit letter they got the summer before Spygate warning teams not to film signals. Again, I think that's the reason a number of owners want Goodell to stand firm here--they're fed up with the cheating.

Personally, I think the real test may come from how their games are officiated this year--let's see if they still get calls like the Jerry Hughes headslap 15 yarder on a key third down or Nate Clements' "inadvertent whistle" on a pick 6 or the no call on a clear holding penalty on the game-winning TD against the Saints. That to me will be when we know something has changed at League HQ.

Utterly bogus, Brady apologist article.

They did get a bit carried away for my taste, despite stating that they thought Brady probably was involved.

Though more of it was probably fair than the league wants to admit too.

That's the thing here- neither side is on great footing and they need to figure out a reasonable resolution and you'd think speedy and fair would trump satisfies fans or compared to domestic violence, or.... But there is the issue with the nfl digging the hole deeper and deeper with each of these cases

Did the two guys (stooges/goats) admit to deflating the balls?

Ask yourself (honestly) WHY would they do this unless they were directed to?

Who would direct them to do so?

Maybe the guy who petitioned the league to have each team provide and control their own balls?

And for Bellyache to know nothing ..... :bag: :bag: :bag: the guy has been lying to the league for decades. He's a master at it.

58352924.jpg

from scaredshitless to telling us his fantasies in bed

487681_1280x720.jpg

I don't want anyone touching my balls, rubbing them or scuffing them once I have them the way I like,

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

They did get a bit carried away for my taste, despite stating that they thought Brady probably was involved.

That's the thing here- neither side is on great footing and they need to figure out a reasonable resolution and you'd think speedy and fair would trump satisfies fans or compared to domestic violence, or.... But there is the issue with the nfl digging the hole deeper and deeper with each of these cases

It bothers me when an article, masquerading as news, shows an obvious bias by cherry-picking data, and ignoring any evidence that contradicts its agenda. But, this article goes the extra step, and actually dismisses opposing evidence out of hand as being non-factual, going as far as to intone the "natural gas law"-- which doesn't exist, btw-- as opposed to the ideal gas law, which has been used to debunk the notion that temperature changed could have accounted for that amount of ball deflation. In fact, this article even goes as far as to suggest that here is no proof that the balls were "all that deflated" in the first place.

I'm also getting tired of the endless scapegoating applied to Goodell. I'm not particularly a fan of his, and I, too, dislike his heavy-handed, corporate approach to the game (although, it is a business). But, Goodell is not the one who complained about the Pats* deflating the balls, he's not the one who measured them at halftime, he's not the one who carried out the investigation, and he's not the one who levied the four-game suspension. The article utterly ignores any part that Brady, or the Patriots* played in this fiasco, other than to completely dismiss any blame, and describe him as, "hung out to dry."

In my opinion, an article this bias-- easily to the point of dishonesty-- should not have found its way onto a national news site claiming reputability, such as Yahoo.

It bothers me when an article, masquerading as news, shows an obvious bias by cherry-picking data, and ignoring any evidence that contradicts its agenda. But, this article goes the extra step, and actually dismisses opposing evidence out of hand as being non-factual, going as far as to intone the "natural gas law"-- which doesn't exist, btw-- as opposed to the ideal gas law, which has been used to debunk the notion that temperature changed could have accounted for that amount of ball deflation. In fact, this article even goes as far as to suggest that here is no proof that the balls were "all that deflated" in the first place.

I'm also getting tired of the endless scapegoating applied to Goodell. I'm not particularly a fan of his, and I, too, dislike his heavy-handed, corporate approach to the game (although, it is a business). But, Goodell is not the one who complained about the Pats* deflating the balls, he's not the one who measured them at halftime, he's not the one who carried out the investigation, and he's not the one who levied the four-game suspension. The article utterly ignores any part that Brady, or the Patriots* played in this fiasco, other than to completely dismiss any blame, and describe him as, "hung out to dry."

In my opinion, an article this bias-- easily to the point of dishonesty-- should not have found its way onto a national news site claiming reputability, such as Yahoo.

I read it as an editorial/opinion piece which took some of the edge out of your complaints. But it was still a bit much. Edited by NoSaint

@CSNNE

Report: #Colts' Irsay, #Ravens' Bisciotti most vocal anti-#Brady owners - @tomecurran http://ow.ly/Q4AWW

“[by reducing the suspension] you’re angering some of the hard-core owners out there,” said Paolantonio. “I know who they are and I’m gonna name ‘em right now: Jim Irsay of the Colts. Steve Bisciotti of the Ravens and others in the AFC who believe the Patriots have gotten away with murder for years and have not been publicly punished properly.”

Brady uncharacteristically fired back, saying the Ravens should study the rules and figure it out.

The next link is basically the same article but the title OMG --- Well then I ask - how does one explain the Ravens defeating the Purtids before??

head to head

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=nwe&tm2=rav&yr=all

Ravens, Colts fighting to keep Tom Brady suspended because they can't beat him

As Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game DeflateGate suspension potentially heads to federal court, some NFL owners have reportedly

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

That's the thing here- neither side is on great footing and they need to figture out a reasonable resolution and you'd think speedy and fair would trump satisfies fans or compared to domestic violence, or.... But there is the issue with the nfl digging the hole deeper and deeper with each of these cases

Whenever you think that there should be good judgment exercised to fairly and proportionally handle an issue recall the New Orleans bountygate saga. The commissioner sabotaged the season for a franchise and he jeopardized the livlihood of the HC and the DC not because of what really happened but because he was acting on the basis of how he was going to be perceived regardless of the actual facts.

Were the Saints under their cocky and braggert DC stretching the boundaries on hitting? Probably so. But the franchise didn't deserve the collective punishment that took away their chance to seriously compete. Goodell singled Vilma as a villain and a ring leader of what was portrayed as a renegade outfit. Vilma legally challenged the the league and won the right to take his case to an arbitrator. He won.

My point is simple. Don't expect a judge to act judiciously when the history demonstrates otherwise. This fiasco got out of hand because the man handling the ruling is unfit to properly exercise his duties dealing with disciplinary issues.

Whenever you think that there should be good judgment exercised to fairly and proportionally handle an issue recall the New Orleans bountygate saga. The commissioner sabotaged the season for a franchise and he jeopardized the livlihood of the HC and the DC not because of what really happened but because he was acting on the basis of how he was going to be perceived regardless of the actual facts.

Were the Saints under their cocky and braggert DC stretching the boundaries on hitting? Probably so. But the franchise didn't deserve the collective punishment that took away their chance to seriously compete. Goodell singled Vilma as a villain and a ring leader of what was portrayed as a renegade outfit. Vilma legally challenged the the league and won the right to take his case to an arbitrator. He won.

My point is simple. Don't expect a judge to act judiciously when the history demonstrates otherwise. This fiasco got out of hand because the man handling the ruling is unfit to properly exercise his duties dealing with disciplinary issues.

What's this "bounty gate" you speak of, sir? You say there was some sort of incident with the saints?

So there were poor decisions made, so we better not make a good one now?

kj