Jason Pierre-Paul fireworks accident

I was playing with firecrackers in my parents basement as a teenager. Lighting them and throwing them around. One time I held on too long, luckily my hand was open and not closed and I had just almost been pinching it. I could not feel sensation on my thumb tip or pointer finger for a week. I also had some wicked bruising/burns.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the end of the world but for a powerful guy being able to engage with hands is important: see Williams, mario in his first 2 months.

I don't know how developed that part of JPPs game is, or how bad his injury could effect it but it's definitely possible it's not career threatening but still career altering.

I'm glad he is ok. At first I would think your assessment is correct but it is possible be menacing with just one hand.

Sorrow_Merle_Zombie.jpg

I was playing with firecrackers in my parents basement as a teenager. Lighting them and throwing them around. One time I held on too long, luckily my hand was open and not closed and I had just almost been pinching it. I could not feel sensation on my thumb tip or pointer finger for a week. I also had some wicked bruising/burns.

As a kid I spent summers in a cottage at Crystal Beach on the Canadian side of Lake Erie. As a 7-8 year old we could walk up to a firework store with a 10-12 year old a couple blocks away and buy stuff that would remove fingers. Hell, I shouldn't have been allowed to play with the MATCH, much less this stuff. I know your pain! Been there, my friend and just glad to have all my digits!

As a kid I spent summers in a cottage at Crystal Beach on the Canadian side of Lake Erie. As a 7-8 year old we could walk up to a firework store with a 10-12 year old a couple blocks away and buy stuff that would remove fingers. Hell, I shouldn't have been allowed to play with the MATCH, much less this stuff. I know your pain! Been there, my friend and just glad to have all my digits!

Reminds me of Johnny U. He was playing with shotgun shells, and if you hit the pin hard enough you'll set it off. He did and ended up with shot in his leg that I recall never got removed.

Just curious, but why are you saying this? For example, yes teams are allowed to pull back tenders. But they are probably not allowed to if players are injured. But if said injury happens outside of football doing something he shouldn't be doing, then perhaps they can. I'm just wondering what you are basing this on. Seems to be some delicate matters.

It's a contract offer the player has yet to sign. I believe with any offer it can be pulled at any time. We've seen franchise tenders rescinded before.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/05/giants-can-withdraw-pierre-pauls-tender-but-will-they/

As somebody who had his thumb torn off in an industrial accident, I would bet it would just kinda suck. It would not be career threatening. I was able to do everything athletically that I could before (shooting a basketball being my number one concern - and I shot at least as good after the accident and recovery.)

A few digits half chopped off wouldn't hurt his game that much.

Several funny posts, but I sincerely hope he is ok. Anyone can make a mistake, and doesn't necessarily mean he was drunk or an idiot. One of my buddies who is a bright man, was lighting one of the rockets but waited too long and was a close call. He is 50, has a masters degree and has a successful financial planning business.

My point is simply anyone can make a mistake. Now if he was a dumbass and shooting bottle rockets at his friends and drunk, that's another story.

Hope the guy is ok but man this is some darwin stuff right here. Along with the guy in texas who ignored the alligator in water signs and jumped right into the mouth of an alligator and the kid who strapped fireworks to his head and then lost said head. He makes millions of bucks and and if he's gonna throw done 10k on a trailer full of stuff pay an extra few for a pro to come and give you guys a show! He probably won't be intercepting balls any time soon

Hope the guy is ok but man this is some darwin stuff right here. Along with the guy in texas who ignored the alligator in water signs and jumped right into the mouth of an alligator and the kid who strapped fireworks to his head and then lost said head. He makes millions of bucks and and if he's gonna throw done 10k on a trailer full of stuff pay an extra few for a pro to come and give you guys a show! He probably won't be intercepting balls any time soon

Well he's a defensive end so that'd be rare anyway.

Dude, we ALL know where Crystal Beach is. This is a buffalo bills forum. Just sayin.

I'm often surprised by the "where and when" people came to be Bills fans. There are people on here who have never been to a game but became fans in the heyday from across the country. They probably don't know about the beer stores or the quarries, either. But that's their loss.