Jason Pierre-Paul fireworks accident

There's a nasty-ass pic making the rounds on Twitter that people are claiming to be a shot of JPP's hand in the hospital, but I have a hard time believing it.

Nor am I linking to it from here because I'm sure that would get me banned in most places including North Korea.

For an idea what I'm getting at, look up the medical term "degloving."

I've experienced degloving. It's ugly, but he'll be OK if there wasn't nerve damage, IMO. I have half a thumb left and if I was him, I'd have been able to play in a few months.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, can you imagine if they hadn't banned pools? :rolleyes: The guy that died in Maine was the first since 2012 when they legalized them. Pool Drownings in NY in 2010? 2.

I am on the side of not banning them because of accidents. Accidents are a part of life and are the responsibility of the person, and not the responsibility of the government to protect us from our own actions. Obviously an irrational person could go off the mark and think of that as a belief we should be lawless, but a rational person would think that it is a balance of prevention, and responsibility. Somethings we need to prevent, and some things we need to be responsible for.

But yes, the laws are a joke. Either ban them or don't, but they simply don't enforce those laws. a few dozen counties in NY legalized sparkler varieties because they were tired of people simply going to PA or getting them elsewhere and not paying NY tax. But to not charge a guy who clearly had illegal fireworks when he got hurt is simply ignoring the law. :lol: Unless I am missing some reason why they don't believe they were his?

Maybe they think catastrophic injury and potential loss of millions will be sufficient message sent and let him and the courts off without a trial? Depending on the anticipated punishment I could be ok with natural consequences taking the place of legal process.

Maybe they think catastrophic injury and potential loss of millions will be sufficient message sent and let him and the courts off without a trial? Depending on the anticipated punishment I could be ok with natural consequences taking the place of legal process.

I dont want to wade into this too deeply.

But this certainly is a method. Lesson learned and message sent.

still waiting for am honest report. Since Giants have business interests not sure we will get the straight story form theer PR team

I took a quick look at a few Giants message boards. Understandably, they're pretty upset. Most seem to believe the lack of information coming out, JPP refusing to see Giants officials means the injury is more worse than better.

Not that you ever root for injuries, but anything to make the game easier on Oct. 4.

Do they need to add a portion on fireworks to the nfl rookie symposium?!

@RCummingsTBO: Bucs CB C.J. Wilson suffered a severe hand injury in a July 4th fireworks accident, Wilson's representatives confirm to Tampa Tribune

:doh:

Do they need to add a portion on fireworks to the nfl rookie symposium?!

@RCummingsTBO: Bucs CB C.J. Wilson suffered a severe hand injury in a July 4th fireworks accident, Wilson's representatives confirm to Tampa Tribune

mario had his truck full too. i bet that providing the show is a pretty common 4th activity for these guys.

@AdamSchefter: Bucs announc CB C.J. Wilson involved in a fireworks accident over July 4th holiday. Injured one of his hands. Indications are it's serious.

CJ Wilson's hometown newspaper reported that he lost two fingers. Good Lord.

http://www.lincolntimesnews.com/2015/07/08/c-j-wilson-injures-hand-in-fireworks-accident/

You could be right. I thought about it, but then thought that was more along the jurisdiction of the courts. Then again, I know it happens all the time with police so yeah, you are probably right.

mario had his truck full too. i bet that providing the show is a pretty common 4th activity for these guys.

Mario also does a lot of charity work about gun safety. So I'd like to assume he handled them responsibly and sober. Not that NFL players have been known to do anything contradictory to their public persona.

So buy the fireworks and have one of your lackeys blow them off

Mario also does a lot of charity work about gun safety. So I'd like to assume he handled them responsibly and sober. Not that NFL players have been known to do anything contradictory to their public persona.

i wasnt meaning it as a knock on mario, as much as a note that its probably pretty common across the league that these guys do private setups on the 4th, and not being fireworks experts it could obviously be risky for a lot of players, even if sober.

Why/how does ESPN get that information? It doesn't seem right

I don't know the laws on this kind of stuff but if it is against the laws for doctors to release private information like this shouldn't it be against the law for anyone else to release it even if they got some nurse or orderlie or custodian to steal it for them?