Jason Pierre-Paul fireworks accident

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't play that "baby you're a firework" song by Katy Perry when the Giants take the field on October 4, I am so f&$king done with the team.

Somebody call the stadium relations department, STAT!

Fireworks laws are such jokes haha. "If" they charge him? Weren't they at the scene with the illegal fireworks? Why wouldn't he be charged? Because firework laws are a joke, and only make it harder for lazy people like me to drive to PA to get them.

@AdamSchefter: Giants officials have been in South Florida since Monday night but still have not been able to visit JPP. Waiting patiently, hoping he's OK.

this is getting a bit worrisome on the humanity level with the mixed reports.

Fireworks laws are such jokes haha. "If" they charge him? Weren't they at the scene with the illegal fireworks? Why wouldn't he be charged? Because firework laws are a joke, and only make it harder for lazy people like me to drive to PA to get them.

I think this is a perfect opportunity to confirm that the laws are not a joke.

and the laws should be upheld. thats why we have them. right or wrong. dont like em? move to australia with the rest of the lawbreakers.

@AdamSchefter: Giants officials have been in South Florida since Monday night but still have not been able to visit JPP. Waiting patiently, hoping he's OK.

I'd probably wait patiently if I was trading New Jersey for South Beach. Take your time, get well some day.

There's a nasty-ass pic making the rounds on Twitter that people are claiming to be a shot of JPP's hand in the hospital, but I have a hard time believing it.

Nor am I linking to it from here because I'm sure that would get me banned in most places including North Korea.

For an idea what I'm getting at, look up the medical term "degloving."

@AdamSchefter: If Coral Springs Police charge JPP with criminal possession of fireworks, as @JordanRaanan said possible, he'd be subject to NFL discipline.

Ohhhh Ohhhhhh, who called it? Thanks...I'm here till Thursday. Try the veal.

this is getting a bit worrisome on the humanity level with the mixed reports.

I think this is a perfect opportunity to confirm that the laws are not a joke.

and the laws should be upheld. thats why we have them. right or wrong. dont like em? move to australia with the rest of the lawbreakers.

Yeah, can you imagine if they hadn't banned pools? :rolleyes: The guy that died in Maine was the first since 2012 when they legalized them. Pool Drownings in NY in 2010? 2.

I am on the side of not banning them because of accidents. Accidents are a part of life and are the responsibility of the person, and not the responsibility of the government to protect us from our own actions. Obviously an irrational person could go off the mark and think of that as a belief we should be lawless, but a rational person would think that it is a balance of prevention, and responsibility. Somethings we need to prevent, and some things we need to be responsible for.

But yes, the laws are a joke. Either ban them or don't, but they simply don't enforce those laws. a few dozen counties in NY legalized sparkler varieties because they were tired of people simply going to PA or getting them elsewhere and not paying NY tax. But to not charge a guy who clearly had illegal fireworks when he got hurt is simply ignoring the law. :lol: Unless I am missing some reason why they don't believe they were his?

Edited by What a Tuel