Jason Pierre-Paul fireworks accident

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between his inexplicable propping up of Doug Marrone and now the publication of private medical records, Adam Schefter is dropping fast in my estimation.

Oh, yeah, This. ESPN claims "HIPPA does not apply to journalism", I don't give two rats tails and a donkey's dong - a person's medical records should be private, and if someone steals that private information and a journalist uses the stolen material, I think the journalist is 1) immoral scum 2) an accessory after the fact

For those attending the Giants game on Oct. 4, wouldn't it be a shame if we all bought Giants #1 foam fingers off of eBay and "modified" them slightly?

Not saying I plan on it of course.

(Not saying I don't either.)

For those attending the Giants game on Oct. 4, wouldn't it be a shame if we all bought Giants #1 foam fingers off of eBay and "modified" them slightly?

Not saying I plan on it of course.

(Not saying I don't either.)

:w00t:

Oh, yeah, This. ESPN claims "HIPPA does not apply to journalism", I don't give two rats tails and a donkey's dong - a person's medical records should be private, and if someone steals that private information and a journalist uses the stolen material, I think the journalist is 1) immoral scum 2) an accessory after the fact

Personally, I think it would have been ok for Schefter to tweet something like this "A source tells me that JPP had a finger amputated as a result of his fireworks accident"

That way, there's still a bit of "rumor" to it, and it's not blatantly clear that he's sitting there looking at his medical records.

When you take a screenshot of it, and post it for the public to see, that's getting into really sketchy areas, imo. Legally, he might be fine, but morally, not so much.

OK, petty of me to key on this I guess: " NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Pierre-Paul suffered a hand injury Saturday night while attempting to light fireworks that required hospitalization, according to two sources briefed of the situation." Is it so hard to use correct word order? The fireworks required hospitalization? Really? REALLY? How about "JPP suffered a hand injury that required hospitalization while attempting to light fireworks Saturday night"

That sounds like he injured his hand and was attempting to light fireworks on the way to the hospital.

Just saw the picture. It almost looks fake. If not, that was gnarly.

Based on the picture, it's pretty shocking only one of his fingers was amputated.

Personally, I think it would have been ok for Schefter to tweet something like this "A source tells me that JPP had a finger amputated as a result of his fireworks accident"

That way, there's still a bit of "rumor" to it, and it's not blatantly clear that he's sitting there looking at his medical records.

When you take a screenshot of it, and post it for the public to see, that's getting into really sketchy areas, imo. Legally, he might be fine, but morally, not so much.

The screenshot was over the line in my opinion. I think he could have just said, "I obtained a copy of medical records that indicate JPP had a finger amputated".

I don't see how he plays again with a hand like that. It's destroyed and he'll be lucky to grip a steering wheel.

We've seen guys play with full on club casts. While a major hand injury may detour his career he very well still be effective.

Interestingly JPP has same agent as Byrd whose holdout I do not think helped him or Saints.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25237300/agents-take-answers-to-jason-pierre-pauls-contract-situation-and-more

Parker also represents Jairus Byrd, who was the Buffalo Bills' franchise player in 2013. He didn't sign his franchise tender until Buffalo's third preseason game was approaching. Based on Parker's handling of Byrd's situation, an uninjured Pierre-Paul probably wasn't going to sign until the last few days of August.

The Giants are doing the right thing by holding off until they see if he can play. I never heard exactly what happened if anyone has the story. Was he lighting off an M-80 and it had a short fuse? I can't believe a firecracker could do so much damage to have to amputate a finger and break a thumb.

If it was just an innocent accident, I feel bad for the guy. If not, then he's an idiot for placing himself at risk. DE have to use their hands so much against lineman and QB's, I just can't see his play dropping off. The other thing is ever since Strahan retired, and Usemwa left, JPP has not been the bell cow they expected.

The Giants are doing the right thing by holding off until they see if he can play. I never heard exactly what happened if anyone has the story. Was he lighting off an M-80 and it had a short fuse? I can't believe a firecracker could do so much damage to have to amputate a finger and break a thumb.

If it was just an innocent accident, I feel bad for the guy. If not, then he's an idiot for placing himself at risk. DE have to use their hands so much against lineman and QB's, I just can't see his play dropping off. The other thing is ever since Strahan retired, and Usemwa left, JPP has not been the bell cow they expected.

My guess is both.

I assume you let out a 'not' in the penultimate sentence. I'd be surprised if this didn't affect his play and agree he hasn't lived up to his first couple years. I have a feeling he'll be playing elsewhere in 2016.

If he had his fist around it, it could have amplified the damage. Maybe he picked up what he thought was a dud and was carrying it. Who knows. Surprised the story hasn't come out yet though.

They were playing with some pretty serious fireworks though. I've never fired off the mortar rounds, so maybe someone can elaborate one how one would be injured in that way using those.

Edited by What a Tuel