Jim Harbaugh interview on Cowherd

I hate harbaugh but to be fair to him I think he thought Cowherd meant playing the Big 10 was like having a bye week. Cowturd was referring to the Big 10 as up and coming and it was a "Buy" like a stock. It was a dumb question and after that it went downhill.

I don't see anything confusing or dumb about the wording of the question because the context was there. I was shocked at first that Harbaugh couldn't follow it but then I just thought that he was purposefully being dense. The interview actually went off the rails when Harbaugh couldn't answer the first question and instead went with, "It's good to hear your voice."

Colin didn't complain in my opinion, just stated the truth that you can't have an engaging conversation if the other person doesn't want to. I'm not really a fan of his either, but I think he handled the situation well.

Jim Rome had a similar uncomfortable interview with Lee Evans. Sometimes the guest just doesn't bring their A game.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the questions were layups. He was giving Harbaugh a thousand opportunities to talk about UM, talk about the conference, and sell the program (which is the benefit of why these coaches go on these shows) and he bumbled his way through it unprepared even though these interviews are set up well beforehand. No wonder he had 18 de commits out of one recruiting class at Stanford. He isn't contractually obligated to go on this radio show, he chose to go on. Then he complained he was getting asked too many questions. Wth did he think would take place in a radio interview?

It was so brutal he has to cut it off. Cowherd said it was the worst interview he's done in 14 years. In my book, interviews don't win football games. But he cannot be a picnic to play for or work with. How the heck does he inspire anyone? Lol

Anyway this is hilarious

@11W: Here's audio of the Jim Harbaugh's disaster of an interview with Colin Cowherd today. http://t.co/RAcX6GeLqV

Hey Yolo! Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed that and would not have been aware of its existence if you didn't start this thread.

I personally don't like Cowherd; he is a classic meathead radio personality; he talks fast but is light on deep thought. He also wants to be the star of the show, not his interview guest.

I suspect Jim Harbaugh hates his guts and figured it would be funny to go on his show...and what we just heard is the outcome.

I am actually shocked that Cowherd shut the interview down when he did; it came quickly and he got fed up a bit prematurely in my opinion.

Harbaugh's attitude and collective comments amount to: "Colin you are a tool. Go away."

That's my take. To be honest, he shouldn't have agreed to go on the show.

All of the questions were layups. He was giving Harbaugh a thousand opportunities to talk about UM, talk about the conference, and sell the program (which is the benefit of why these coaches go on these shows) and he bumbled his way through it unprepared even though these interviews are set up well beforehand. No wonder he had 18 de commits out of one recruiting class at Stanford. He isn't contractually obligated to go on this radio show, he chose to go on. Then he complained he was getting asked too many questions. Wth did he think would take place in a radio interview?

I would imagine that JH or his agent agreed to do the interview based on certain subjects or criteria. So the intensity comments probably came across as another opportunity to poke fun at JH in some way.

Flip the tables too.....what if JH says to CC "hey you've been described as a blowhard....you really are a blowhard so when are you not?"

I'm sure there were stipulations JH felt were not met and he's been burned by interviews before, so maybe that's why he purposely tanked the interview.

It's making news tho, probably more than if it was a "successful" interview.....and maybe JH is now going to be criticized even more. So he probably made this a lose-lose situation

I think cowherd is terrific. His opening monologues are often genius. Don't understand the hate on cowherd. He may be a bit arrogant but that's an essential part of the act.

Yeah I enjoy Cowherd myself. He is nowhere near as bad as Rome, Skip Bayless, or Screamin A Smith. I enjoy his take on things and don't get the feeling that he says controversial things just to say them like I do with the others.

I didn't think Harbaugh was too bad. When Cowherd said "the Big 10 feels like a buy" I also thought he was saying "it feels like a bye" like a bye week. That was a terrible question by him. Actually it wasn't even a question, but a statement.

A simple "Hello coach, how you doin? Thanks for joining us today." may have gone a long way.

he did open with something like that - it was cut off in the clip

I didn't think Harbaugh was too bad. When Cowherd said "the Big 10 feels like a buy" I also thought he was saying "it feels like a bye" like a bye week. That was a terrible question by him. Actually it wasn't even a question, but a statement.

i agree, I didn't know what he meant by that either. If you followed what he said before that it made sense, but only if you listen to him on a regular basis because he does this buy/sell thing. I doubt Harbaugh knew what he meant and understandably so.

I think cowherd is terrific. His opening monologues are often genius. Don't understand the hate on cowherd. He may be a bit arrogant but that's an essential part of the act.

He's intelligent. Some people get intimidated by that

I haven't read through all responses or listened to the interview. Just curious if it was as bad as advertised, or if it was colored by Yolo's scarlett and grey bias? :w00t:

Edited by transient

I haven't read through all responses or listened to the interview. Just curious if it was as bad as advertised, or if it was colored by Yolo's scarlett and grey bias? :w00t:

It was bad... but probably not the worst interview you've ever heard.

Cowherd is an elitist. He loves to speak in condescending tones about small markets and die hard fans, and glowingly about places (like Boston, per him) that are so intelligent they don't get all upset when their team loses (yeah right). But he admittedly discusses certain topics simply to drive ratings. And he changes course like the direction of the wind.

I'm surprised by all the Cowherd hate, but to each his own. Harbaugh is a strange, strange man. Cowherd could have done better, but Harbaugh just came of like a clueless arse. High level high school players and their parents hear this stuff! Cowherd gets attention (good thing), and Harbaugh gets the skeptical eye (not so good).

Cowherd has his faults, but he has a great show, and regardless of how people in (small market) Buffalo might feel about him, he has great guests. It takes tons of talent to do a show like his, day in and day out. Yep, he is elitist, and that leaves some people out (frankly, Dan Patrick is for squares).

Jerry Seinfeld thinks Cowherd is great, and I put more weight in his opinion than some Buffalonian who is pissed because Cowherd doesn't like hockey or something.

It's clear to anyone with a working brain that Harbaugh is a giant @**h***.

Edited by HoF Watkins

A simple "Hello coach, how you doin? Thanks for joining us today." may have gone a long way.

Yeah, Colin skipped ahead on this part, and the buy vs bye part was on him too. But Goofball is an awkward, but briliant, dude.

Cowherd has his faults, but he has a great show, and regardless of how people in (small market) Buffalo might feel about him, he has great guests. Jerry Seinfeld thinks Cowherd is great, and I put more weight in his opinion than some Buffalonian who is pissed because he doesn't like hockey or something.

Cowherd generally says complimentary things about Harbaugh.

Your hatred of Buffalo is pathetic.

Cowherd has his faults, but he has a great show, and regardless of how people in (small market) Buffalo might feel about him, he has great guests. Jerry Seinfeld thinks Cowherd is great, and I put more weight in his opinion than some Buffalonian who is pissed because he doesn't like hockey or something.

Cowherd generally says complimentary things about Harbaugh.

Really? Jerry !@#$ing Seinfeld? C'mon man! Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Your hatred of Buffalo is pathetic.

Nope, I love Buffalo, but my self-worth isn't tied to the city's image. I completely understand why a guy with a national radio show would worry more about bigger markets. It's no big deal.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I hate harbaugh but to be fair to him I think he thought Cowherd meant playing the Big 10 was like having a bye week. Cowturd was referring to the Big 10 as up and coming and it was a "Buy" like a stock. It was a dumb question and after that it went downhill.

It definently went more downhill after that, but the interview was painful from the start. I hate Cowherd, besides the opening question about intensity Cowherd did everything he could to give him an easy question to answer and he didn't do it.

I didn't know what he meant by "buy" either. Sounds like cowherd was just trying to sound cool. And even if it was understood, yeah its pretty freaking obvious the big 10 with the reigning champ and now Michigan making a big investment in Harbaugh is a high profile conference.

Cowherd has his faults, but he has a great show, and regardless of how people in (small market) Buffalo might feel about him, he has great guests. It takes tons of talent to do a show like his, day in and day out. Yep, he is elitist, and that leaves some people out (frankly, Dan Patrick is for squares).

Jerry Seinfeld thinks Cowherd is great, and I put more weight in his opinion than some Buffalonian who is pissed because Cowherd doesn't like hockey or something.

:lol: I love that you assume the haters are all from (small market) Buffalo. Classy.

Guys- I don't know what is the story? Cowherd is a dork, but that's nothing new. I listened to 60% of the interview and Harbaugh did what most coaches do which is to say nothing. Some are more interesting than others, but you rarely get a Bill Parcells who is fun to listen to in interviews.

It was so brutal he has to cut it off. Cowherd said it was the worst interview he's done in 14 years. In my book, interviews don't win football games. But he cannot be a picnic to play for or work with. How the heck does he inspire anyone? Lol

Anyway this is hilarious

@11W: Here's audio of the Jim Harbaugh's disaster of an interview with Colin Cowherd today. http://t.co/RAcX6GeLqV

Jim always sound dumb and confused during press conferences but he wins so it's all good. Wonder if he just plays dumb and he really is an evil genius :devil:

• 2 weeks later...