Jim Harbaugh interview on Cowherd

It was so brutal he has to cut it off. Cowherd said it was the worst interview he's done in 14 years. In my book, interviews don't win football games. But he cannot be a picnic to play for or work with. How the heck does he inspire anyone? Lol

Anyway this is hilarious

@11W: Here's audio of the Jim Harbaugh's disaster of an interview with Colin Cowherd today. http://t.co/RAcX6GeLqV

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He agreed to go on the show but then didn't answer the questions. Cowherd was asking him about some of the relevant current topics in CBF like satellite camps and recruiting wars and he just refused to answer. You really have to listen when you get a chance to fully appreciate the painful awkwardness.

they got off on the wrong foot and harbaugh had zero interest in salvaging it

"jim you're an intense guy, right? i mean that's what everyone says about you. is there ever a tim when you're NOT intense?"

"well good morning, colin, great to be here, how are you today?"

or something to that effect

Edited by The Big Cat

He agreed to go on the show but then didn't answer the questions. Cowherd was asking him about some of the relevant current topics in CBF like satellite camps and recruiting wars and he just refused to answer. You really have to listen when you get a chance to fully appreciate the painful awkwardness.

Yeah. That was a train wreck. Cowherd actually did a pretty good job of keeping his composure and trying to draw anything out of the corpse that was Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh seemed really confused by every question asked of him. Glad I listened, because it was brutal.

that was hard to listen to.

I have been grumpy-old-man-ning about Rexy being in the media waaaaaaaaaay too much for my tastes (dont you have some actual work to do?). But if we had Harbaugh I think I'd be on suicide watch. OMFG. Who would ever want to be in the same room with him?

@AlexDunlapNFL: Poster on @OBWire says he took this screenshot of Harbaugh's tweet (RE: Cowherd interview) that was quickly deleted. http://t.co/zXD9N7SVT6

That's definitely not real

I actually didn't think it was all that terrible. Not good-- but nothing outrageous.

I was expecting more (worse?) as well from the way sal cappaccio was tweeting about it Edited by FluffHead

That is exactly what I was thinking. What did they think they were going to get from Harbs?

I think many people assumed his passion he displays on the sidelines would carry over into the rest of his life, including interviews and such. He came off like an arrogant, disinterested a**hole. Almost like he was too good to "sell his program" as Cowherd put it. I never liked Harbaugh, but I can see some people not knowing much about him expecting a much better interview, or at least a much better effort.

His intensity is an issue. It cost his team a Superbowl. Anyone who has ever played in a really significant game in a team sport at any kind of decent level know that the surest way to lose it is to be too wound up.

That press conference Superbowl week with the two coaches was the moment I knew the Raves were going to win the Superbowl. It wasn't just that Jim was short with the media in the way Belichick always is..... every muscle in his body in the way he sat, in the facial expression was tight and tense. I just thought "if that is how he is feeling how is he relaxing his team?"

You have to be intense and driven to be a successful coach... but you have to be able to relax and shake loose occasionaly too.

He's just weird. It reminded me of the guy on the conference calls who is doing something else and misses the context of the question and just tries to jump in at the end with no idea what is going on. He seems as crazy as a bag of cats.

Edited by YoloinOhio