Jim Harbaugh interview on Cowherd

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He agreed to go on the show but then didn't answer the questions. Cowherd was asking him about some of the relevant current topics in CBF like satellite camps and recruiting wars and he just refused to answer. You really have to listen when you get a chance to fully appreciate the painful awkwardness.

Every other answer was "I dont know" and the others were "yeah" or radio silence...

Finally! He has also irritated me like no one else, even better he's going to a channel I never watch.

I think that's the point. People tend to love (or at least like) Cowherd or they hate him. Either way he gets a lot of attention which is basically what he wants. FOX has been making a big push to compete with ESPN over sports. Unless there's a better option, I'll probably follow him over there. I realize some of you thinks that's insane, but I'm not alone. They've signed some other "names" and have things like the Big East basketball conference (which I watch regularly). It doesn't happen overnight, but ESPN has been at it for several decades.

Enjoy oblivion, I mean "FS1", Cowherd.

FS1 is investing in growth and they can turn much quicker that a giant ship like ESPN. Plus, almost as much as money, I suspect getting out of Hartford and landing in LA meant a lot to Cowherd. He's big on living in nice places with nice climates. I tend to agree with him on that one.

FS1 is investing in growth and they can turn much quicker that a giant ship like ESPN. Plus, almost as much as money, I suspect getting out of Hartford and landing in LA meant a lot to Cowherd. He's big on living in nice places with nice climates. I tend to agree with him on that one.

And he fancies himself a television producer these days -- despite everyone in this town telling him he's not very good at it -- so LA makes a lot of sense.

And he fancies himself a television producer these days -- despite everyone in this town telling him he's not very good at it -- so LA makes a lot of sense.

he hated Connecticut. He's from west coast and always seemed like he thought he should be somewhere better than where he was.

And, if he is not going to be a hypocrite the move makes sense. He always says that if people have options they live where they want because they can. But I also remember him bagging on people who left ESPN for greener pastures and then realizing they became irrelevant.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I have a feeling it's a money issue. Wanted too much like Simmons.

Recently, it came to light that ESPN is shedding viewers at a rapid pace. They have lost 7.2% of their viewership and are getting rid of salary. I thought it was 3 million, but that means about 7.1 million viewers and the prospect of regaining them doesn't look very good. ESPN's contracts with major cable companies has a provision that says if they make an online offering (like HBO Now) then their contract is terminated and the cable companies can offer ESPN ala carte (Cable providers want to dump ESPN because of the high price). A study shows that only 35% of people would keep ESPN if it wasn't forced on them. The money paid to ESPN works out to about $6.50 for every cable subscriber.

In short, ESPN is poised to start losing a lot of revenue. Their contract prevents them from making an online option without losing their cable revenue and the cable companies want to dump the channel(s). They're getting rid of a lot of staff since the writing is on the wall.

Recently, it came to light that ESPN is shedding viewers at a rapid pace. They have lost 7.2% of their viewership and are getting rid of salary. I thought it was 3 million, but that means about 7.1 million viewers and the prospect of regaining them doesn't look very good. ESPN's contracts with major cable companies has a provision that says if they make an online offering (like HBO Now) then their contract is terminated and the cable companies can offer ESPN ala carte (Cable providers want to dump ESPN because of the high price). A study shows that only 35% of people would keep ESPN if it wasn't forced on them. The money paid to ESPN works out to about $6.50 for every cable subscriber.

In short, ESPN is poised to start losing a lot of revenue. Their contract prevents them from making an online option without losing their cable revenue and the cable companies want to dump the channel(s). They're getting rid of a lot of staff since the writing is on the wall.

interesting. Is this why mark May and Lou holtz got the ax from College Gameday?

That's crazy. But i believe the internet killed ESPN.

It became the vestigial tail of sports reporting.

Olbermann did not have his contract renewed either, so he's gone at the end of next week. Too bad. I liked his show.

I have a feeling it's a money issue. Wanted too much like Simmons.

They both questioned Roger Goodell. ESPN is censored nonsense now. Simmons was the best thing to happen to them.

That's crazy. But i believe the internet killed ESPN.

It became the vestigial tail of sports reporting.

BR Team Stream. All the news without waiting through all those fluff segments.

They both questioned Roger Goodell. ESPN is censored nonsense now. Simmons was the best thing to happen to them.

BR Team Stream. All the news without waiting through all those fluff segments.

i really like Simmons. But, I'm a Celtics fan too.

I have Comcast and you have to be in their third highest tier to get ESPN. It's kinda sad as it's the only channel I care about besides the basics.

I could see a lot of people just giving up on it because it's almost the cost of adding a premium channel