Jim Harbaugh interview on Cowherd

I happen to find baseball boring. My kids and most of their friends agree. MLB is taking steps to try to speed up the game. They know they have an issue, but they've only shaved off about 8 minutes/game so far from what I heard. It's a start. To note this publicly does not make me or anyone else the devil. If and when football declines in popularity, to say so does not make you condescending. It makes you observant. I don't take any of this personally as I have no stake in Cowherd or anyone else. I can just change the channel. Life is too short for me to get worked up about any of these guys.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to find baseball boring. My kids and most of their friends agree. MLB is taking steps to try to speed up the game. They know they have an issue, but they've only shaved off about 8 minutes/game so far from what I heard. It's a start. To note this publicly does not make me or anyone else the devil. If and when football declines in popularity, to say so does not make you condescending. It makes you observant. I don't take any of this personally as I have no stake in Cowherd or anyone else. I can just change the channel. Life is too short for me to get worked up about any of these guys.

I changed the channel for good when he went on one of these rants. It was a Monday in September or October. Out of the box - he's raving about how great some football game was - and saying and We're supposed to be talking about a bunt? A bunt?!?

It was some controversial play regarding a call about a bunt. I don't remember the particulars. But, I remember him doing it in such a way that anybody who really isn't paying attention to what he is saying would be like Oh yeah, he's right. Colin's so smart. Football is great. Baseball sucks.

It was all in his asshat delivery. "A bunt?!?" Where football has the same kind of thing every single game. Stopping the clock for minutes on end to analyze this or that. To analyze "A toe? A toe on the ground?!? We're supposed to care where a toe is?!?!?"

I'm so glad it was his football is king, so I'll ride that and mock out baseball continual ranting that got him canned, even if indirectly.

to say so does not make you condescending. It makes you observant.

Everything he says is said in a condescending way.

That's cool if that's the way you and others see it. I get a taste of it sometimes and weigh it against other options. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Cowherd fan trying to defend him. I don't give much of a rip. I do think he's better than listening to SVP talk about eating cereal going out with his boys. Of course, he's gone away so the world is (in my opinion) better for that. If you love SVP, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. These are not right or wrong issues, but personal preferences.

I understand it's not always what you say, sometimes it's more how you say it. I guess he offends quite a few people with that. Maybe I don't mind it, or maybe I just don't pay that close of attention.