Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bylsme just said on wgr they aren't retaining Irbe. That sucks, thought he was good.

Goalie-ing is so mental. These guys have their preferences in coach and Im sure most are very picky. Lehner and Irbe probably arent a good fit, and even if not, Lehner may have his own guy

6-29: DAN BYLSMA JOINS WGR TO TALK DRAFT, O'REILLY (17:29)

@WGR550

Buffalo Sabres coach Dan Bylsma on WGR NOW

Bylsma on Ryan O'Reilly: "Big guy, plays at both ends of the rink, has power and skill to his game and finishes"

Bylsma: "Sitting in front of me right now, I have eight (line) combinations"

Bylsma on center depth: "You have flexibility of players who can play on wing as well. I don't yet have a full grasp of what ROR prefers"

Bylsma announces the Sabres will not keep Irbe as their goaltending coach

6-29: RYAN O'REILLY ON HOCKEY HOTLINE (13:29)

@WGR550

Ryan O'Reilly on WGR NOW

O'Reilly: "The moves (the Sabres) made were a step in the right direction. It's going to be a new role for me to be a leadership guy"

O'Reilly: "I played with Ennis at the World Championships and became friends with him...I'm excited to join him there"

O'Reilly on Eichel: "He can do everything at a high pace and his hockey sense and natural ability are outstanding"

O'Reilly says he expects a possible long term deal could be done "Fairly soon"

@WGR550

Ryan O'Reilly's advanced stats in 5 charts http://tinyurl.com/nna234t

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Goalie-ing is so mental. These guys have their preferences in coach and Im sure most are very picky. Lehner and Irbe probably arent a good fit, and even if not, Lehner may have his own guy

From what I understand Irbe wasn't looking for a coaching job before he was brought on by the Sabres. He and Ted Nolan were good friends, and he joined to staff as a favor to Nolan. So maybe he just didn't want to be an assistant for someone else, or maybe he doesn't want to coach at all. But if true, it looks like he wasn't staying with the Sabres even if they wanted him.

Sabres forwards:

O'Reilly, Eichel, Kane, Ennis, Moulson, Zemgus, Foligno, Gionta, Reinhart, Deslauriers, Legwand, McGinn, McCormick, Larsson

Not bad at all.

who gets traded? I have a feeling Murray is going to parlay 2 forwards into a top 4 D

who gets traded? I have a feeling Murray is going to parlay 2 forwards into a top 4 D

Good question. In looking at the list, I see only two names that could have much perceived value that would be available: Foligno and Larsson. Everybody else is either untouchable, too old, or of limited value. Actually, I amend that to include Deslaurier as well. He's got a place in the league for sure.

EDIT: LOL, 26. I was typing my response while you were posting yours. Great minds, I guess.

Edited by K-9

The most likely to be traded would be Larsson and/or Foligno.

Good question. In looking at the list, I see only two names that could have much perceived value that would be available: Foligno and Larsson. Everybody else is either untouchable, too old, or of limited value. Actually, I amend that to include Deslaurier as well. He's got a place in the league for sure.

EDIT: LOL, 26. I was typing my response while you were posting yours. Great minds, I guess.

Don't count out Ennis getting traded either...he's on a bridge contract, has a lot of value, and it could be argued that he'd be expendable with the development of guys like Bailey, Hurley, Baptiste, and/or Karabacek.

Don't count out Ennis getting traded either...he's on a bridge contract, has a lot of value, and it could be argued that he'd be expendable with the development of guys like Bailey, Hurley, Baptiste, and/or Karabacek.

I'm not only counting it out, I'm dismissing it entirely! So there.

Seriously though, I'd include him if any of the prospects you mentioned weren't a couple years away in all likelihood.

I'm not only counting it out, I'm dismissing it entirely! So there.

Seriously though, I'd include him if any of the prospects you mentioned weren't a couple years away in all likelihood.

Yeah, they'd certainly be showing a lot of confidence in their system talent if they moved Ennis. I'd like to think, however, that if the right deal came along they'd consider it.

I really think they've got something with Bailey though...I saw him play a lot in Amherst and he's an incredible athlete. A much better athlete and skater than Orpik (who I played with and against) was at his age, and that's really saying something.

@BuffaloSabres

AUDIO: Listen to #Sabres forward @Ryan_OReilly90's full introductory media conference call. https://goo.gl/XGwH7q

#Sabres' @Ryan_OReilly90 now speaking w/media via conference call. "With the additions that we've made, we're going to be right in the mix."

O'Reilly on Eichel: I'm going to do whatever I can to make him a better player. Will be an honor to play with him. #Sabres

O'Reilly on McGinn: Big body, finishes checks, plays with grit, and at the same time he has a scoring touch. He'll make an impact. #Sabres

:thumbsup: Be careful about calling it great if you're thinking like me. I'm certified as Abby Normal. :lol:

Can't see that happening at all.