Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Bylsme just said on wgr they aren't retaining Irbe. That sucks, thought he was good.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Yes, stubhub. i also don't like the 1pm. for out of towners, almost forces yoy to come in Friday night.

Yeah, no doubt. They said this was entirely a hockey dept decision, and not a marketing dept one.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Irbe worked with Nolan as part of Latvia’s national team and jumped at the chance to join him in the NHL. He was very unhappy with the treatment of Nolan by people both inside and outside the organization.

I had been figuring that would be the case all this calendar year - when he was turning everybody into Vezina winners, but Nolan was being treated like crap.

But, then when he was retained until now - I had thought he would be staying.

I had been figuring that would be the case all this calendar year - when he was turning everybody into Vezina winners, but Nolan was being treated like crap.

But, then when he was retained until now - I had thought he would be staying.

Can't keep a guy on the coaching staff with a poor attitude. It's best for all parties that they move on with that in mind. Too bad, because he did a nice job last year with all of their goalies.

@WGR550

Former Sabre Phil Housley has been elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Also Chris Pronger, Niklas Lidstrom and Sergei Fedorov.

@BuffaloSabres

Congrats to #Sabres alum @philhousley6 on being named an inductee for the Hockey Hall of Fame, Class of 2015! #HHOF

CIscCGGXAAA1NNS.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yeah, they'd certainly be showing a lot of confidence in their system talent if they moved Ennis. I'd like to think, however, that if the right deal came along they'd consider it.

I really think they've got something with Bailey though...I saw him play a lot in Amherst and he's an incredible athlete. A much better athlete and skater than Orpik (who I played with and against) was at his age, and that's really saying something.

I caught the Soo St Marie playoff series against the Otters as well as a few other Greyhounds games and he looked entirely within his element against some of the best junior competition in the OHL. Looking forward to seeing him with the Amerks this season. He's the real deal.

@BuffaloSabres

AUDIO: Listen to #Sabres forward @Ryan_OReilly90's full introductory media conference call. https://goo.gl/XGwH7q

:thumbsup: Be careful about calling it great if you're thinking like me. I'm certified as Abby Normal. :lol:

Can't see that happening at all.

Ah, something I can shoot for!

Can't keep a guy on the coaching staff with a poor attitude. It's best for all parties that they move on with that in mind. Too bad, because he did a nice job last year with all of their goalies.

I agree. I just was hoping he didn't have a poor attitude. I had no idea what his attitude was since I had never heard him about him talking on the subject.

Just goes to show how much of a crapshoot the draft/ trades are. Hodgson was a top 10 pick and is only 25. Crazy how bad he was.

How has Kassian worked out for the Canucks? Did they get the better of this or was it a wash for both clubs?

How has Kassian worked out for the Canucks? Did they get the better of this or was it a wash for both clubs?

Kassian , contract 2 years $3.5m, I would say Vancouver lucked out big time

Does anybody know how " Nolan was treated inside and outside" the organization means?

Pegs pays him for 4 years, Murray re-ups him even after Patty left, Murray let the whole world know what the plan for last year was, Nolan got to pick his on ice players, Nolan whining about Pysyk and the goalies being traded should have been cause for immediate firing...but he wasn't.

6-30: BRIAN GIONTA TALKS EICHEL AND RYAN O'REILLY ON WGR (14:42)

@WGR550

Buffalo Sabres captain Brian Gionta on WGR NOW

Gionta: "You have some guys that are very versatile who can move all over the lineup....it makes us better immediately."

Gionta: "Guys are definitely talking, texting each other. The excitement level is huge"

Kassian is pretty much the same as he was in Buffalo. He shows flashes of being really good, but is not consistent. He is terrible on D, he is big and physical, but commits a lot of dumb penalties. He is the topic of trade rumors every year, including this article in which they thought he might be dealt for picks before or during the entry draft:

http://canucksarmy.com/2015/5/19/are-the-canucks-going-to-trade-zack-kassian

He was also out half of last season with a back injury...

Edited by ricojes

Does anybody know how " Nolan was treated inside and outside" the organization means?

Pegs pays him for 4 years, Murray re-ups him even after Patty left, Murray let the whole world know what the plan for last year was, Nolan got to pick his on ice players, Nolan whining about Pysyk and the goalies being traded should have been cause for immediate firing...but he wasn't.

If Nolan had half a brain he'd have "suffered" the tank in a professional way, not openly criticizing his bosses. The refusal to embrace analytics can't have helped, either.

I presume GMTM was as abrupt and awkwardly direct in removing Nolan as one would expect.

If Nolan had half a brain he'd have "suffered" the tank in a professional way, not openly criticizing his bosses. The refusal to embrace analytics can't have helped, either.

I presume GMTM was as abrupt and awkwardly direct in removing Nolan as one would expect.

Agree on both points...can hear Murray. "Ted, we are going another direction. Thanks for your service to the team. Have a great summer. "