The "Bills Suck!" thread

The only problem I have is that Rex brought in a bit much of his crappy coaching staff and keeps bringing in more and more players from his crappy former team. This past few .. The terminator? This chubby tightened?! Didn't we sign the best fullback in the league already and sure a blocking tight end is a must but that guy, really?! This OT that couldn't get on the field?! I was mad about Percy too but I've about had it with jets players and coaches coming to buffalo. If we miss the playoffs this year I have no doubt that it will be because of some stinking former jet.

Ok, that is my only set of negative thoughts about this team for the year. GO BILLS!

Edited by SJDK

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been noticing more creeping doubt about the team of late. I guess a rich owner who spends freely, a name head coach, a quality offensive coordinator, and a historic free agency period isn't enough for some people to allow themselves optimism.

So here's a thread where you can complain freely, cast aspersions, predict doom, self-flagellate over our playoff drought, and generally be realistic about the Bills.

Part of this "creeping doubt" is on the media. Phrases like, "the Bills quarterback situation is a shield-your-eyes mess," and "a monumental concern," and "they all had moments that ranged from mediocre to awful,” and, "a crap sandwich with heartbreak and disgust for condiments," have dominated the sports-media conversation for much of the offseason. But, such statements are just hyperbole that beat sports writers rely upon to fuel interest in their reporting. They're just creating drama, which is their stock in trade-- something to keep us on the edge of our seats. They'll balance this with feel-good stories about Rex Ryan knocking back beers with Jim Kelly, Mario hawking breakfast cereal for kids with cancer, and Shady McCoy race-baiting Chip Kelly.

It's all just talk.

I've been noticing more creeping doubt about the team of late. I guess a rich owner who spends freely, a name head coach, a quality offensive coordinator, and a historic free agency period isn't enough for some people to allow themselves optimism.

So here's a thread where you can complain freely, cast aspersions, predict doom, self-flagellate over our playoff drought, and generally be realistic about the Bills.

we have no QB/thread

One man's ceiling is another man's floor. I'm a masochist at heart and I hate that I love this team so much. Or do I love that this team make it hurts so much to love them? If they suck again after all that has taken place this year I will still love them. And so will all of you! That's why we all post to this wall and most of you have been at it a lot longer than I have. Now that's a common thread.

Very good post.

It IS strange to be a Bills Fan. It is 100% reasonable to think that they will make the playoffs this season but if they do not, how many of us will be truly shocked?

That said, I could never be a fan of any other NFL team. It isn't possible. But being a Bills fanatic often comes with a price tag, many of us have issues.

I used to literally throw things on draft day. The worst was when they drafted Whitner. When we drafted Spiller, I got a phone call seconds after the pick. The person said, "Do you like Spiller?" My answer was, "Yes. I also like colon cancer." I was talking to my daughter. I won't name names, but I have received phone calls after first round defensive backs were drafted from people on this board. They put me on speaker so others could hear my string of obscenities. I have since calmed down but not completely.

You think I am alone? Promo lets out his frustration by blasting other fans. CB97 and others are portraying EJ as John Elway. GG and metz lives spend hours trying to convince them that Elway was a little better. :) These are smart people too. I have no idea how they view me, but I wouldn't trade these guys for a non-defensive back first round pick! Bills fans have to cope in our own ways.

PS: My father was born in Alabama and came to NYC when he was very young. I am a life long Crimson Tide Fan, not a bandwagon guy. The Tide is ALWAYS good. Best coaches too. I have actually felt guilty for being a fan of an entity that is just so great.

Yeah, Bills Fans have issues.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

Sure, you can say what you want to about The Bills and their fans. But the fact remains that they haven't yet won a single goddamn game yet this season. That's mediocrity at best and abject failure at worst.

Put THAT in your Pollyanna pipe and smoke it. Face it. The Bills aren't going to win a single game this year until at least the season starts. Mark my words.

IMO

excellent segue

Sure, you can say what you want to about The Bills and their fans. But the fact remains that they haven't yet won a single goddamn game yet this season. That's mediocrity at best and abject failure at worst.

Put THAT in your Pollyanna pipe and smoke it. Face it. The Bills aren't going to win a single game this year until at least the season starts. Mark my words.

IMO

The Buffalo Bills are Kool Aide pushers as their QB's suck so much

You could sell oceanfront property in Arizona to a Bills fan.

57,500 + of them

cross thread subject

Roth: Bills season ticket sales the perfect storm

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Having creeping doubt =/= thinking the Bills suck

For example, I'm concerned about QB, OL, and Rex's consistency as a coach, so I'm uneasy in crowning them a playoff team until I'm shown more (hard to do until the season starts). Do I think the Bills suck? Absolutely not. Do I think the Bills are good? I'm not sure yet! Do I think we have potential to be damned good? Hell yes. Do I also think we have potential to be a disappointment? Very much so. In the end, I'm hella excited to find out, though :)

Could not have said it any better my thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:

I wanted to write "I can't believe this thread" but I guess I can believe it. People so don't want to be optimistic because they don't want to admit they were wrong when we lose. The facts are this is the most talented team, with the most experienced coaches we've had in a long time.

As Coach Ditka says on his little bit on ESPN on Sundays "just Stop It". C'mon guys. Just have fun, get excited and we'll see. I'm very happy with my rose colored glasses and they are staying on until something proves to me not to feel this way.

I cannot wait to fly up for the home opener and breath that Rich Stadium air (yes I said Rich Stadium as it will always be that way to me) and cheer my team on with my sons. My boys are born and bread in Tampa, and they are 100% Bills fans.

PTR- c'mon brother. I enjoy your posts but why be such the negative nelly.

Go Bills!

19-0 baby.