The "Bills Suck!" thread

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My reasons for pessimism:

- No decent QB on the roster

- Dependence on improving offense through mostly expensive FA and trade acquisitions

- Looming cap issues that will limit future moves

There lots to love regarding virtually all of the defense and some of the offense, but those are not inconsequential negatives.

Sure, you can say what you want to about The Bills and their fans. But the fact remains that they haven't yet won a single goddamn game yet this season. That's mediocrity at best and abject failure at worst.

Put THAT in your Pollyanna pipe and smoke it. Face it. The Bills aren't going to win a single game this year until at least the season starts. Mark my words.

IMO

Your words are like laser beams to the heart.

My reasons for pessimism:

- No decent QB on the roster

- Dependence on improving offense through mostly expensive FA and trade acquisitions

- Looming cap issues that will limit future moves

There lots to love regarding virtually all of the defense and some of the offense, but those are not inconsequential negatives.

I get #1 but not #2 or #3. You don't like the Bills getting higher priced (usually better) free agents? After years of dumpster diving under RW??

As for #3 worry about it when it's actually a problem, not before.

Very good post.

It IS strange to be a Bills Fan. It is 100% reasonable to think that they will make the playoffs this season but if they do not, how many of us will be truly shocked?

That said, I could never be a fan of any other NFL team. It isn't possible. But being a Bills fanatic often comes with a price tag, many of us have issues.

I used to literally throw things on draft day. The worst was when they drafted Whitner. When we drafted Spiller, I got a phone call seconds after the pick. The person said, "Do you like Spiller?" My answer was, "Yes. I also like colon cancer." I was talking to my daughter. I won't name names, but I have received phone calls after first round defensive backs were drafted from people on this board. They put me on speaker so others could hear my string of obscenities. I have since calmed down but not completely.

You think I am alone? Promo lets out his frustration by blasting other fans. CB97 and others are portraying EJ as John Elway. GG and metz lives spend hours trying to convince them that Elway was a little better. :) These are smart people too. I have no idea how they view me, but I wouldn't trade these guys for a non-defensive back first round pick! Bills fans have to cope in our own ways.

PS: My father was born in Alabama and came to NYC when he was very young. I am a life long Crimson Tide Fan, not a bandwagon guy. The Tide is ALWAYS good. Best coaches too. I have actually felt guilty for being a fan of an entity that is just so great.

Yeah, Bills Fans have issues.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy gets it.

Very good post.

It IS strange to be a Bills Fan. It is 100% reasonable to think that they will make the playoffs this season but if they do not, how many of us will be truly shocked?

That said, I could never be a fan of any other NFL team. It isn't possible. But being a Bills fanatic often comes with a price tag, many of us have issues.

I used to literally throw things on draft day. The worst was when they drafted Whitner. When we drafted Spiller, I got a phone call seconds after the pick. The person said, "Do you like Spiller?" My answer was, "Yes. I also like colon cancer." I was talking to my daughter. I won't name names, but I have received phone calls after first round defensive backs were drafted from people on this board. They put me on speaker so others could hear my string of obscenities. I have since calmed down but not completely.

You think I am alone? Promo lets out his frustration by blasting other fans. CB97 and others are portraying EJ as John Elway. GG and metz lives spend hours trying to convince them that Elway was a little better. :)These are smart people too. I have no idea how they view me, but I wouldn't trade these guys for a non-defensive back first round pick! Bills fans have to cope in our own ways.

PS: My father was born in Alabama and came to NYC when he was very young. I am a life long Crimson Tide Fan, not a bandwagon guy. The Tide is ALWAYS good. Best coaches too. I have actually felt guilty for being a fan of an entity that is just so great.

Yeah, Bills Fans have issues.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I get #1 but not #2 or #3. You don't like the Bills getting higher priced (usually better) free agents? After years of dumpster diving under RW??

As for #3 worry about it when it's actually a problem, not before.

The building a team through high priced FA route has never worked for any team EXCEPT in rare instances where QBs are concerned (see Brees, Drew). I don't know why this time it should be any different.

You worry about upcoming cap issues before they cause some substantial problems or you wind up with substantial problems. I'd prefer someone worries about them before it becomes a detriment to building the team.