New Bills reporter at BN

hopefully he doesn't feel the need to add to the pandemonium.

Give me some solid, objective articles, Tyler Dunne, and you'll do just fine.

never heard of him.. but ok. maybe he was covering something other than the bills, or not even in the business 4 years ago.

Maybe. Feel free to stalk him online. The information is out there...if you want it bad enough... :ph34r:

Within 90 days he will probably be infected with the BN virus, carried by Sully and Gleason. I hope he has the proper antibodies.

Great characterization; it absolutely seems like a disease.

I'm interested in reading his perspective, coming from one of the top organizations in the league.

Tyler Dunne

@TyDunne: Been a great 4 years here in GB. Next month, will be heading back to WNY to cover the #Bills for the Buffalo News. https://t.co/XpdnycvnV1

Oh goody...another newspaper writer for everyone to cry and complain about! I hope he's smart enough never to have a contrary opinion about anything- or the TBD 8th grade girls cafeteria table will get him good!

Great characterization; it absolutely seems like a disease.

I'm interested in reading his perspective, coming from one of the top organizations in the league.

I'm interested in any new/young blood covering this team. I've quite enjoyed Matt Fairburn's coverage for the 'Cuse paper. I try not to hate on anyone, but the old guard covering this team for the Buffalo and Rochester outlets seem like bitter, broken men who don't like their job very much.

Oh goody...another newspaper writer for everyone to cry and complain about! I hope he's smart enough never to have a contrary opinion about anything- or the TBD 8th grade girls cafeteria table will get him good!

Very good post.Espcially this off season when the off season paper crown is bigger than ever. lets play some games. here's hoping this opinion wasn't too harsh for the sully haters.

Very good post.Espcially this off season when the off season paper crown is bigger than ever. lets play some games. here's hoping this opinion wasn't too harsh for the sully haters.

Sully wrote a column a year ago about how the Bills should cut Marcel Dareus. He is a drama queen and i no longer read his columns. I choose to look forward when it comes to the Bills. I am glad that there is a new reporter coming in who won't always have the lens of the past, who won't say Things like "these are the kind of games the Bills always lose." The Bills "can never cover a a TE." What Bills? Any team before Pegula arrived is not the current Bills. This is a new team from virtually all aspects and it begins with ownership. No, they haven't established a franchise QB yet but I have no reason to believe they won't draft one next year. I have no reason to think they are anything but a team on the rise. Therefore, I look forward to a new perspective from a reporter who has a lens of the present and future instead of one stuck in the past. Edited by YoloinOhio

Still on page 1 and it has already morphed into a Sully B word thread. Awesome.

Every one of us has had lots and lots of opinions/hunches/predictions about our team that were subsequently shown to be, uh, ill-advised. The Dareus column was one for sure.

I will even agree that sometimes these guys just say things to stir **** up. I bickered with Harrington about the Sabres all winter, because I thought he was just trolling fans who saw 30th place as the best way out of the Sabres' abyss.

I contend that if any of us had to publish opinions for living, we'd say all kinds of stuff that would be proven dumb or false, and that most of us (at least those with a sense of humor) might even "poke the bear" once in awhile.

But I give BN columnists the benefit of the doubt most of the time, because it is a fact that they see/hear more than we do. Their opinions mean more because they are based on more first-hand knowledge.

Besides, it's just sports. Why do I need to agree with a sports columnist all the time to like reading their stuff? Not pointing at anyone in particular here, but some people need to unwad their panties just a bit.

Edited by jester43

Every one of us has had lots and lots of opinions/hunches/predictions about our team that were subsequently shown to be, uh, ill-advised. The Dareus column was one for sure.

I will even agree that sometimes these guys just say things to stir **** up. I bickered with Harrington about the Sabres all winter, because I thought he was just trolling fans who saw 30th place as the best way out of the Sabres' abyss.

I contend that if any of us had to publish opinions for living, we'd say all kinds of stuff that would be proven dumb or false, and that most of us (at least those with a sense of humor) might even "poke the bear" once in awhile.

But I give BN columnists the benefit of the doubt most of the time, because it is a fact that they see/hear more than we do. Their opinions mean more because they are based on more first-hand knowledge.

Besides, it's just sports. Why do I need to agree with a sports columnist all the time to like reading their stuff? Not pointing at anyone in particular here, but some people need to unwad their panties just a bit.

imo it has nothing to do with whether I agree or disagree. I read a lot of sports columns that I don't agree with but I think are insightful, intelligent, and/or make valid, well thought out points. I find none of these things in Sullivan's columns, so choose not to read them. Edited by YoloinOhio

It isn't just Sullivan...it is the nature of "sports journalism" (and all other "journalism" for that matter) these days. The internet killed the newspaper star!

imo it has nothing to do with whether I agree or disagree. I read a lot of sports columns that I don't agree with but I think are insightful, intelligent, and/or make valid, well thought out points. I find none of these things in Sullivan's columns, so choose not to read them.

I agree. As someone who worked as a journalist for a period I can tell you he is just flat out bad. His writing is average and his ability to construct a coherent argument is mediocre at best. Gleason isn't as bad even if I think a lot of his opinions stink.

It isn't just Sullivan...it is the nature of "sports journalism" (and all other "journalism" for that matter) these days. The internet killed the newspaper star!

Take shots; overeact to every practice; and never apologize when they are wrong. That's sport journalism. So of these people are so desperate to be famous without any real talent. Why do we know who Skip Bayless is? What is his "expertise"?

Back in the day (soon to be grumpy old man alert!), reporters just reporter facts and not put their stupid, based on nothing, opinions it in. Hopefully this guy is more in the mold of that than Joe B style.

Take shots; overeact to every practice; and never apologize when they are wrong. That's sport journalism. So of these people are so desperate to be famous without any real talent. Why do we know who Skip Bayless is? What is his "expertise"?

Back in the day (soon to be grumpy old man alert!), reporters just reporter facts and not put their stupid, based on nothing, opinions it in. Hopefully this guy is more in the mold of that than Joe B style.

Biscuit, I don't mind the opinions. I, for one, like Peter King and he injects opinion into his pieces. Facts by themselves can be dull. Opinions add drama and context. The opinions can help transform the dry facts into a compelling story.

Sully, though, goes too far, though, and seems to relish (1) being the contrarian, and (2) being negative. And while Peter King will give you new facts you didn't know, Jerry rarely provides new information. I rarely learn anything from Jerry and his whiny criticisms are just annoying.

The BN should bring back Milt Northrop.

now if only wgr 550 can do something about the 3 o'clock hour.....

they need to get a former player on there. i'm not much of a hockey fan but I enjoy listening to Peters when they are doing the hockey show. why can't they get Ruben Brown or another former player on with Bulldog? I think that would be a lot more interesting to give us more of an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes in stead of Schopp always complaining about things

they need to get a former player on there. i'm not much of a hockey fan but I enjoy listening to Peters when they are doing the hockey show. why can't they get Ruben Brown or another former player on with Bulldog? I think that would be a lot more interesting to give us more of an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes in stead of Schopp always complaining about things

I've been really impressed with Marlon Kerner when he has been on with Sal from time to time.

This comment smacks of an attempt to be realistic, reasonable, and maybe even a little wise. Watch it fella! We can't have that kind of nonsense on this board!

Sully wrote a column a year ago about how the Bills should cut Marcel Dareus. He is a drama queen and i no longer read his columns. I choose to look forward when it comes to the Bills. I am glad that there is a new reporter coming in who won't always have the lens of the past, who won't say Things like "these are the kind of games the Bills always lose." The Bills "can never cover a a TE." What Bills? Any team before Pegula arrived is not the current Bills. This is a new team from virtually all aspects and it begins with ownership. No, they haven't established a franchise QB yet but I have no reason to believe they won't draft one next year. I have no reason to think they are anything but a team on the rise. Therefore, I look forward to a new perspective from a reporter who has a lens of the present and future instead of one stuck in the past.

I can remember plenty of Sully boner columns, like when he shamed the Bills into giving Fitz a big contract. Same with Stevie Johnson, just weeks before Sully said he should be released. My favorite Sully move is doing a 180 from what he's written before, like when he praised Donahoe for drafting Mike WIlliams, then a year later called him a fool for drafting a bust like Mike Williams. You have to have a short memory to be Jerry Sullivan.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Biscuit, I don't mind the opinions. I, for one, like Peter King and he injects opinion into his pieces.

Here's the rub.

King is knowledgeable enough to know what he's seeing and form a useful opinion. 90% of the other 'King-wanabes'...not so much.

Sully wrote a column a year ago about how the Bills should cut Marcel Dareus. He is a drama queen and i no longer read his columns. I choose to look forward when it comes to the Bills. I am glad that there is a new reporter coming in who won't always have the lens of the past, who won't say Things like "these are the kind of games the Bills always lose." The Bills "can never cover a a TE." What Bills? Any team before Pegula arrived is not the current Bills. This is a new team from virtually all aspects and it begins with ownership. No, they haven't established a franchise QB yet but I have no reason to believe they won't draft one next year. I have no reason to think they are anything but a team on the rise. Therefore, I look forward to a new perspective from a reporter who has a lens of the present and future instead of one stuck in the past.

it is hard to believe after all these years people still just do not understand what Sullivans schitck really is. it is not jouranilism it's opinion designed to get a rise. You know this. And BTW he steals his act from the masters.I will not mention them since they probably could not find Buffalo on a Map. And in the day were more entertainment related. rather than sports, like crapping on extremely successful rock acts. In that business there is no bad press. Some writers took it into sports. This act, Has been around for a very longtime. Not just in small city's like Buffalo.

A few years ago when fitz was starting, and sullivan said he would be tweeting during the game(s) from the press booth, a few people paid attention. I was one of them.The guy's homerism puts PTR's to shame. he is a Bills fan first and foremost. But yet he never fails that generate the clicks. For anyone thinking Sully jobs at the snooze may not be safe? That guy walks in rarified air, just look at the columns here constantly about him. Those reactions are pats on the back to him. FWIW I could care less about him, but he is one of the last with that style of writing, but a thief and far from the first. I get a kick out of his crap, I let it roll off my back and know I am not the only one either. better than Tampa Bob no?

Edited by Best Player Available

Biscuit, I don't mind the opinions. I, for one, like Peter King and he injects opinion into his pieces. Facts by themselves can be dull. Opinions add drama and context. The opinions can help transform the dry facts into a compelling story.

Sully, though, goes too far, though, and seems to relish (1) being the contrarian, and (2) being negative. And while Peter King will give you new facts you didn't know, Jerry rarely provides new information. I rarely learn anything from Jerry and his whiny criticisms are just annoying.

The BN should bring back Milt Northrop.

Yeah, I probably overstated my opinion. There are certainly some very good writers. But use a guy like Joe B for instance. Why should we really value his opinion? Is it based on anything more than any poster on this board?

Here's the thing that is a problem in our society. Too many people don't judge things things for themselves. They get told what to think by media types. So I will wait until preseason games to make my own judgments. I think we all should.

They are interviewing Ty on local sports radio here in Madison today about his move to Buffalo. I thought his writing was good before, but after listening to him today--he is going to be great to have around. He is on the ball with where the Bills are at currently and talking about how we are on an upswing and appear headed for good things. Mentioned he is looking forward to covering Rex Ryan after McCarthy, quite the contrast in styles. Radio host talking about how much more snow Buffalo gets than Milwaukee. Blah Blah. Some good info on Packers too.

Love the fact that they were talking Bills on radio today, special treat for me.

They are interviewing Ty on local sports radio here in Madison today about his move to Buffalo. I thought his writing was good before, but after listening to him today--he is going to be great to have around. He is on the ball with where the Bills are at currently and talking about how we are on an upswing and appear headed for good things. Mentioned he is looking forward to covering Rex Ryan after McCarthy, quite the contrast in styles. Radio host talking about how much more snow Buffalo gets than Milwaukee. Blah Blah. Some good info on Packers too.

Love the fact that they were talking Bills on radio today, special treat for me.

did he mention whether he will be at SJF for TC?

did he mention whether he will be at SJF for TC?

They did not come out and say either way Yolo. He said he was done at the end of this month and headed to Buffalo after the 4th. So I would expect him to be there.