Something in the Water in San Fran?

MattM

"All this is hard to take as a long time Niners fan……..on a positive note at least we got rid of Greg Roman, the worst OC in history…..Rex Ryan will love him…he runs straight up the middle every play"

This was from one of the commenters.

I talked about Roman with my good friend who is a 9ers fan. He wasn't happy with him this past year but I think things were starting to fall apart in SF and nothing was going right. All the injuries and tension with the front office. I'm still happy with the Roman hire.

Edited by ko12010

Niners fans can thank Jed York for completely mismanaging the team to where they are now. I drove by the new stadium yesterday and, while it is nice, they completely botched the location. that was just the first bad decision he went with several years ago. Getting rid of Harbaugh was the most recent. These retiring are a fallout from that. It is a prime example of taking something not broken and breaking it to pieces. They could have won the Superbowl a few years ago and now they may not even make 4 wins this year.

"All this is hard to take as a long time Niners fan……..on a positive note at least we got rid of Greg Roman, the worst OC in history…..Rex Ryan will love him…he runs straight up the middle every play"

This was from one of the commenters.

I talked about Roman with my good friend who is a 9ers fan. He wasn't happy with him this past year but I think things were starting to fall apart in SF and nothing was going right. All the injuries and tension with the front office. I'm still happy with the Roman hire.

I wonder if that fan was happy with him when they were having winning records, playoff runs, and chances to win championships

Niners fans can thank Jed York for completely mismanaging the team to where they are now. I drove by the new stadium yesterday and, while it is nice, they completely botched the location. that was just the first bad decision he went with several years ago. Getting rid of Harbaugh was the most recent. These retiring are a fallout from that. It is a prime example of taking something not broken and breaking it to pieces. They could have won the Superbowl a few years ago and now they may not even make 4 wins this year.

Complete truth. That stadium location is horrific. Fantastic building, terrible to access. Jed York is mis-managing that team at the highest level. I have no idea why they would pass over the high quality coordinators and ex-HC candidates that were available on the market to hire Tomsula, but every report out of that camp says that was a joke of a hire.

Edited by VanCity

I wonder if that fan was happy with him when they were having winning records, playoff runs, and chances to win championships

My one niner fan friend seems to have a grudge against him because he supposedly made the wrong call in the super bowl or something. I think it is just looking for someone to blame.

Edited by What a Tuel

My one niner fan friend seems to have a grudge against him because he supposedly made the wrong call in the super bowl or something. I think it is just looking for someone to blame.

Right now I'd be thrilled at the opportunity to have a grudge against our coach for making the wrong call in the super bowl.

There has to be some major internal issues going on there. I dont think there has ever been this many young solid starters retire from the same team in the same offseason. Patrick Willis, Chris Borland and now Anthony Davis? Justin Smith was understandable, but the others are strange

Edited by Beastly Dareus

You can be sure that Kaepernick and his 19 million a year contract will probably be cut outright when they finish around 4-12 and have a very long rebuilding road ahead of them.

That's probably going to be one QB name on the list of potential veteran QBs the Bills will look at if none of the current QBs are the answer this year. Other potential QBs available through trade or free agency could possibly be Wilson, E. Manning, Bradford, Brees, Rivers, RGIII. Some are obviously long shots, but those QB contracts have got out of hand. Eventually a team will do the unthinkable and move on instead of paying one player, franchise QB or not, 20 million a year.

I looks like the Bills won't see the same vast wasteland in the QB market that they did this past offseason if it comes down to that (hopefully the answer at QB is here though!).

couldnt agree more (I live in San Jose). It's like the whole team is protesting the decision to get rid of harbaugh. The just can't publicly criticize York. There GM sucks too. Nobody wants to play there and yup, they will be lucky to get 4 wins for sure. These guys were all sold on harbaugh and this new coach seems like a yes man and a dipsh!t

Davis needed a year off to heal body and mind. Returning unearned portion of signing bonus with intent to return in a year or two. Will be 27ish. Good move. When he returns IF he is in shape he will have value. And I could not be happier to see the niners fail. Remember this?

Plummer's third-quarter blast on running back Darick Holmes set up Lee Woodall's 96-yard fumble return for a touchdown and allowed the 49ers to rock Buffalo, 27-17, in Candlestick Park before 65,568.

"That's the hit of the year," 49er linebacker Ken Norton said. "That's one of those kinds of hits you can hear. I mean, standing on the field near the play, you could even feel it. And it turned the whole game around.

Buffalo (8-5), poised to break a 10-10 tie in the third quarter, had the ball on the San Francisco one-yard line with first and goal. Quarterback Jim Kelly handed the ball to Holmes, who had been inserted in the second half to replace an injured Thurman Thomas (leg cramps), and Holmes aimed for the end zone. Hated them ever since!!!!

I would chalk this up to coincidence over a protest of some kind against the organization. Add to that how players are starting to realize how messed up the rest of their life can be after just a short career in the NFL.

I would chalk this up to coincidence over a protest of some kind against the organization. Add to that how players are starting to realize how messed up the rest of their life can be after just a short career in the NFL.

This isn't happening to any other team, at least not yet.

This isn't happening to any other team, at least not yet.

Yeah that's what I think is the coincidence of this situation. It would be crazy though if some of them are leaving because they'd rather not play at all than play in SF. I was so jealous of my friend who's a fan of them for how well that roster was built and they seemed like the next Pittsburgh type organization. Crumbling fast. We should be ecstatic to have such a foundation for our sports teams in the Pegula's and Whaley. Murray seems solid too but the jury is still out on him.

Why aren't players on other team's retiring? Sure, it could be an astronomical coincidence. I mean, hey, the two stars of the NBA championship were born in the same hospital. Unlikely things happen, but wouldn't there by *one* other player from another team...somewhere that would retire?

I've seen a comic about Bills fans and Niners fans. It is entitled "The Passing of the Noose"

I actually feel bad for Niners fans. Here is a team that went from a joke to something special under Harbaugh. Then, their owner flips out over an 8-8 season and they lose some great coaches. Then they start losing some of their best players at an amazing clip.

I wish I could be furious at an 8-8 season.

I've seen a comic about Bills fans and Niners fans. It is entitled "The Passing of the Noose"

I actually feel bad for Niners fans. Here is a team that went from a joke to something special under Harbaugh. Then, their owner flips out over an 8-8 season and they lose some great coaches. Then they start losing some of their best players at an amazing clip.

i thought we were furious about a 9-7 season

they were embarrassing wins

I...I...don't know what it means when those two words are put together.

:flirt:

Seriously though, I believe I heard something to the effect of "If we went 8-8 in that division, we would have thrown the man a parade"

But their loss is our Offensive Coordinators gain. Roman might be conservative in philosophy, but he is definitely innovative with play design.

https://twitter.com/Geraldini93/status/606932641678376960

Gerald McCoy: "Investigation has to be coming for 49ers!! No way that many people from the same team retire coincidentally. What is going on in San Fran?"

Pretty sure the owner was already at odds with Harbaugh going into the season.

Edited by Big C

from what I hear about Cali, what water?

We don't have a water problem here. What we have is the lack of resolve to invade Canada and take theirs.

Assuming Davis is genuinely walking away because of his health, I think it's terrific. That said, it's unfortunate he couldn't let the team know before the draft. Not sure if it would have affected their choices, but it would have factored in at some point.

I...I...don't know what it means when those two words are put together.

:flirt:

Seriously though, I believe I heard something to the effect of "If we went 8-8 in that division, we would have thrown the man a parade"

But their loss is our Offensive Coordinators gain. Roman might be conservative in philosophy, but he is definitely innovative with play design.

lol at embarrassing wins. They may exist in college, but not in the nfl.