Bills' Organized Team Activities: May 26-29

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Harvin?

Let him run routes & get a few carries/game. That's why I said I'm in the minority. I know it's football and stuff happens, but, I'd hate to see Harvin get hurt returning a kick. I said the same thing about Sammy this time last year.

I know I'm in the minority but I'd prefer Darby (assuming he's decent) or Thigpen returning kicks. McCorner would not be on my list.

exactly correct.

On air fine. as a back up fine. but not to risk the CB full season with a potential injury. Thing is he can run ; )

Buffalo Bills quarterback Matt Cassel joins Brady & Walker to discuss almost being a baseball player, the season ahead with a new coach in Rex Ryan, his thoughts about playing a New England Patriots team minus Tom Brady due to suspension, and battling EJ Manuel to be the team’s starter.

5-27: MANNY LAWSON W/ JOHN MURPHY ON WGR (11:25)

In a 7 round draft a 4th round pick should be a contributor to your team. They've gotten virtually nothing from him thus far and it looks as if it'll remain that way w/o a major upset.

I would not say it is an upset until we give him another year or two. CB is a big step up in the NFL and he played st Duke. He has the mind and the ability to play just needs to catch up to the speed. I don't think he will be an all star but think he will be good enough to play depth and play packages.

Was Ross Cockrell a wasted 4th round pick? Seems to me as if he has very little chance to make the roster with the way things currently are.

I know! Especially after the immediate impact felt by fellow fourth round picks Easley, Seacry, Bradham and Duke Williams!

A fourth round pick not immediately producing after one season? Bust! Kim is cheap!

Was Ross Cockrell a wasted 4th round pick? Seems to me as if he has very little chance to make the roster with the way things currently are.

Based on the fact he hasn't been interviewed or spoken about by the media...or that the coaching staff has determined he can't play??

Based on the fact he hasn't been interviewed or spoken about by the media...or that the coaching staff has determined he can't play??

Based on who is likely ahead of him at CB.....Gilmore, McKelvin, Darby, Robey, and maybe Brooks.

The two are usually correlated. If he's not visible to the media during these sessions or the coaches don't utter a word about him at all, that could be a sign. All of the above mentioned 4th rounders had some contributions as rookies (except for Easley due to his mystery illnesses). There hasn't been a peep about Cockrell this spring, and the numbers don't stack in his favor, because he's behind - Gilmore, McKelvin, Darby, Robey, Brooks & Graham.

Based on who is likely ahead of him at CB.....Gilmore, McKelvin, Darby, Robey, and maybe Brooks.

jinx

How many CB do Rex-coached teams usually keep?

Oh, Gawd, I missed that it included Sullivan and clicked on it. CornerBlitz, could you be a good friend and put a warning next time? That guy interviews just like he writes columns - *barf*

How many CB do Rex-coached teams usually keep?

Oh, Gawd, I missed that it included Sullivan and clicked on it. CornerBlitz, could you be a good friend and put a warning next time? That guy interviews just like he writes columns - *barf*

:doh: Sorry man. Vic and Skurski made it worth posting despite having to stomach Sully. :sick:

Brooks has more experience, but as a fellow 4th round pick, it likely comes down to one of those two for the fifth CB position. Coming out of Duke, Cockrell was more of a zone CB or even FS-type so he may not be a good fit for Rex's scheme...

@SalSports

The Bills are hosting LB Michael Buchanan on a FA visit today.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8622/michael-buchanan

@BuffaloBillsPR

Bills are hosting LB Michael Buchanan on a FA visit. Buchanan played in 18 games in two seasons with the New England Patriots.

@buffalobills

The Bills are hosting LB Michael Buchanan on a free agent visit in Buffalo today. Details: http://bufbills.co/3Qwv19

buchanan-story.jpg

I know OTA's going on yesterday and today. But sure seems like we received more from workouts on Tuesday, then the last two days. I also realized closed to media. But shocked that there has been a lot of post practice interviews and info from the OTAs.

I know OTA's going on yesterday and today. But sure seems like we received more from workouts on Tuesday, then the last two days. I also realized closed to media. But shocked that there has been a lot of post practice interviews and info from the OTAs.

Agreed - does no media mean they aren't allowed to talk to coaches or players after practice?

Agreed - does no media mean they aren't allowed to talk to coaches or players after practice?

No, the days open to the media are the days we get vines and instagrams of OTA's in real time. The press can always interview after as far as I know, they just can't always be present during.

I think yesterday was just a workout day, but nothing today is kind off odd.

"Cassel wins the day". Against the #2's?? I'm growing tired of this guy trying to crap on or get clicks at the behest of EJ Manuel. Many of the observers thought all QBs had a rough day. The only TO EJ had was a result of the receiver falling down during his route. Thank God for Sal and his unbiased reporting.

Did you just read the headline or did you see him say he was the best of a completely uninspiring group?

Did you just read the headline or did you see him say he was the best of a completely uninspiring group?

I really hated to click his link, but his anti-EJ tirade is getting tiresome. EJ is going against one of the best defenses in the NFL with a patchwork offensive line while Cassel is throwing against the second string. Who would you expect to look better?