Bills' Organized Team Activities: May 26-29

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one he was referring to was the first voluntary workout interview.

“The thing I noticed with (Matt) Cassel, the ball comes out in rhythm, it’s here, boom, boom, boom, hitting it,” said Ryan. “EJ was impressive to me today. I’d still like to see it speed up just a tad, but he was impressive. Tyrod made some huge plays today. He throws a deep ball extremely well. You put him on the move he’s a dangerous weapon out there. Tuel wasn’t as impressive. There are a couple of things he’s got to get a little better at, but overall, I was impressed with the group.”

Now this is interesting "Tuel .....There are a couple of things he's got to get a little better at" So from Rex, evidently that level of comment might be kind of negative

@jchenelly: #RexRyan: "We are ahead of where I've seen other teams at this point." #Bills

@jchenelly: #RexRyan: On @TyrodTaylor - Athleticism a key. Impressed w/ability to pick things up quickly. Cam Cameron raved about him. #Bills

@jchenelly: #RexRyan: On @TyrodTaylor - Athleticism a key. Impressed w/ability to pick things up quickly. Cam Cameron raved about him. #Bills

bryce brown? Just a guess... Can't remember who else had been out

C Dubs would be my guess.

Chennelly said it wasn't Williams, but someone at camp.

Oh. Hmmmm.

Edited by Big C

C Dubs would be my guess.

Oh. Hmmmm.

from the Bills notebook linked earlier, sounds like KW, Lawson and Brown were all back after having missed part or all of the conditioning sessions. Sounds like Lawson looked good and so it must be Brown.

Running back Bryce Brown, who hadnt participated in previous offseason workouts, was on hand.

Defensive tackle Kyle Williams and end Manny Lawson, who also had missed offseason sessions, were on hand as well.

They impressed me, because these guys have been away from it but you could tell theyre in their playbooks, Ryan said. Youve got Manny Lawson making all the checks for everybody. Thats pretty darn impressive.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yeah, no chance Kyle would be the guy.

Rex specifically said about Williams and Lawson "these guys have been away from it but you could tell they're in their playbooks" and then praised Lawson especially, so no, no chance it's Williams.

He said whoever it was "looked lost out there"

No idea if it might be Bryce Brown, but as a practical matter for a guy who had nominally 3 yrs of college and 4 yrs in the pros, he has actually very little football experience.

Edited by Hopeful

I don't think Bettis understands what Rex means when he says "ground and pound."

It's NOT how Pittsburgh used Jerome...and his gaudy 3.9 YPC. It's how Roman used Frank Gore and the rest of the 49er offense...

I think what Bettis means is Bill Cowher's version of "ground and pound". Two big backs pounding behind a big OL.

I thought to myself..maybe nobody played poorly...it's just a strategy of Rex's to say that to keep them on their toes.

he could be trying to motivate Brown. I think in a recent interview with the RB coach, he said Rex likes to do that with certain guys (call them out) Edited by YoloinOhio