Andre Reed coaching with Bills (intern)

I remember when he held a similar position with the Chiefs (maybe the same program) he said that he didn't want to do it in Buffalo because he was afraid that it would morph into something where he was just "ex-Bill Andre Reed returns home" and it would distract from his goals of learning. I guess things have changed. I wonder if it has anything to do with Marrone not making the Super Bowl Bills players feeling overly welcome... or maybe he figures, "hey, maybe being Andre Reed returning to Buffalo" isn't the worst thing!

Edited by Buftex

I remember when he held a similar position with the Chiefs (maybe the same program) he said that he didn't want to do it in Buffalo because he was afraid that it would morph into something where he was just "ex-Bill Andre Reed returns home" and it would distract from his goals of learning. I guess things have changed. I wonder if it has anything to do with Marrone not making the Super Bowl Bills players feeling overly welcome...

with the Pegulas reputation of embracing former players, I'm thinking they reached out to him about his coaching interests and said if you are going to intern somewhere it should be here!

Andre Reed is an intern? Job market is worse in Buffalo than I realized. Will be cool to see him on the sidelines, of course!

Haha, I know you're kidding, but the job market is better in Buffalo than it has been in a very long time.

And good for Andre. My favorite Bill ever. It is sometimes for great players to teach lesser talented players. Hopefully, he is a natural and sticks.

Personally, I'd rather be in the front office than coaching.

with the Pegulas reputation of embracing former players, I'm thinking they reached out to him about his coaching interests and said if you are going to intern somewhere it should be here!

Rex Ryan was on Shred and Ragan this morning(local Buffalo radio talk show) and he brought this topic up and said that he ran into Andre during Super Bowl weekend and Andre expressed interest in doing this and Rex said absolutely..He also went on to say that he wants all those legendary Bills to know that they will always have a home in Buffalo and they can come by practice anytime they want. I really like how Rex is embracing our team history.

The Bills have 2 very good WR coaches on the team. Not to mention some other very good coaches. Buffalo is a coaching intern's heaven. This is not just Buffalo. It is the place to be.

Edited by Rockinon

I remember when he held a similar position with the Chiefs (maybe the same program) he said that he didn't want to do it in Buffalo because he was afraid that it would morph into something where he was just "ex-Bill Andre Reed returns home" and it would distract from his goals of learning. I guess things have changed. I wonder if it has anything to do with Marrone not making the Super Bowl Bills players feeling overly welcome... or maybe he figures, "hey, maybe being Andre Reed returning to Buffalo" isn't the worst thing!

Or, perhaps Andre feels he learned the ropes about coaching while with the Chiefs and he's more confident in the role now.

Rex Ryan was on Shred and Ragan this morning(local Buffalo radio talk show) and he brought this topic up and said that he ran into Andre during Super Bowl weekend and Andre expressed interest in doing this and Rex said absolutely..He also went on to say that he wants all those legendary Bills to know that they will always have a home in Buffalo and they can come by practice anytime they want. I really like how Rex is embracing our team history.

http://stationcaster.com/stations/wedg/media/mp3/Rex_Ryan_w__Shredd___Ragan___-1432036984.mp3

There's the link if anybody is interested in listening to the interview, pretty good stuff

Joe B will twist story about "Andre looks like he is in shape to play" to Andre auditioning to play for Bills.

Rodent will twist Joe B's story to "Bills Wide Receivers are so weak they are trying to convince a Hall of Fame WR to unretire so they will have at least one competent Receiver"

CHAMPIONSHIP

The Bills have 2 very good WR coaches on the team. Not to mention some other very good coaches. Buffalo is a coaching intern's heaven. This is not just Buffalo. It is the place to be.

But when Sanjay Lal was hired everyone here said he was a lousy coach. Then Percy said he was great so they changed their minds. Convenient. Edited by FluffHead

http://stationcaster.com/stations/wedg/media/mp3/Rex_Ryan_w__Shredd___Ragan___-1432036984.mp3

There's the link if anybody is interested in listening to the interview, pretty good stuff

The Shred and Ragan link isn't showing up for me, and I thought I saw it in another thread but can't find it now... Can you repost? Sorry!

Edit - Never mind I found it, great interview!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Andre has been my favorite Bill whom I spent a lot of time talking to him. He was our guest judge at my NSM BBQ team building contest. The crew told him what Bills fanatic I am so he spent 20 minutes with me talking about the Bills. I was in Beverly Hills so we called my two sons back in FL, and Andre spent 5 minutes talking football with my boys. He's a genuinely nice guy.

I love that Rex embraces our history but doesn't surprise me. It seems like we have a really well experienced and previously successful coaching staff going back 20 years.

I don't know how impactful Andre is as a position coach.

But it's got to be good to have a HOFer who's accustomed to going to the playoffs on the coaching staff.

And somebody who loves Buffalo and the Bills.

I don't know if I trust anyone more to teach our young guys how to prepare and run routes in the NFL

I don't know how impactful Andre is as a position coach.

But it's got to be good to have a HOFer who's accustomed to going to the playoffs on the coaching staff.

And somebody who loves Buffalo and the Bills.

he is more or less helping the real position coach and training to be one himself. I love it. Agree with the "winning mentality" he brings. I think he will also serve as a bit of a mentor. This WR group lacks veterans like that. Edited by YoloinOhio

he is more or less helping the real position coach and training to be one himself. I love it. Agree with the "winning mentality" he brings. I think he will also serve as a bit of a mentor. This WR group lacks veterans like that.

I look forward to him and Sammy working together....

Or, perhaps Andre feels he learned the ropes about coaching while with the Chiefs and he's more confident in the role now.

Then why another internship? Normally you do just one to launch your career. Have you ever heard him talk? The dude isnt very bright. And im not trying to bash him its just how it is.

I can't even tell you all how much i love this! It does make me wonder why he was not able to parlay the chiefs internship into a full time gig. Regardless i like it! Reed was my favorite player during the glory days.

Learn to REED!! and...GO BILLS!!!

I wonder which he will teach first...

-how to play injured in a contract year when your not ready

-how to fumble multiple times in a game

-how to fumble multiple times in a game (playoff version)

-how to throw your helmet and get penalized when mad

-how to bump a ref and get ejected when mad

coaching and playing are too very different things, that said I never liked Reed as I started watching the bills in the SB years all I ever saw was a lot of fumbling, a playoff game he came back too soon vs Pittsburg and helped the Bills to a loss, and also being a huge baby, especially at the end of his career as the team tried to help him reach a few milestones. He wanted to be the go to guy in year 14 even when we had Price Moulds and kevin williams.

Edited by enlightener

coaching and playing are too very different things, that said I never liked Reed as I started watching the bills in the SB years all I ever saw was a lot of fumbling, a playoff game he came back too soon vs Pittsburg and helped the Bills to a loss, and also being a huge baby, especially at the end of his career as the team tried to help him reach a few milestones. He wanted to be the go to guy in year 14 even when we had Price Moulds and kevin williams.

I wonder how in the hell did Andre get into the HoF with him never doing anything of significance to help the Bills win. :doh:

something tells me this wont be a popular post.

Troll much, brah?

Troll much, brah?

ya, which point wasnt true? I know reed was good, but he aged badly, and became more selfish and careless with the ball and in the end it costs the bills several wins.

oh, and trolls dont know that much bills history, especially from memory.

Edited by enlightener