LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

From September to the murder was ~7 months. He could have been the father.

Exactly. She could've popped up out of nowhere and said "guess what honey, I'm pregnant and you're the father. And you're going to be paying me child support for the next 18 years after you sign your contract for millions!"

Except that It is evidence that Collins did not have sex with her during the critical timeframe and/or that she was having sex with another during that time.

According to who? The answer to the question "did you have sex with her?" has to be one of the biggest lies in the history of man.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to who? The answer to the question "did you have sex with her?" has to be one of the biggest lies in the history of man.

I did not say it proves he did not have sex with her; I said it is evidence that he did not, if in fact that is his story. A positive test of course would have been incontrovertible proof of the opposite.

There's a question or two in here somewhere, y'all help me out. If Collins doesn't sign somewhere this off season (unlikely to me) and he's not allowed to enter the supplemental draft (likely to me) he becomes/remains a FA. As a 2016 FA he would no longer be considered a rookie and be allowed to sign with the highest bidder? If that were to happen he would not be subject to the rookie scale? In this scenario his signing would be more along the lines of a player moving from the CFL to the NFL? Isn't his earning potential higher in this scenario than if he were subjected to the rookie scale?

If I'm right about those things why would he sign this season? Wouldn't it be "better" for him to sit out till the 2016 season? The only "reason" for him to sign this season that makes any sense would be a 1 year deal.

Somebody please spend a second to explain the "loophole" that was discussed in the UDFA thread. Apparently bonus money is capped but teams are getting around it in some way? How many dollars are involved? How many dollars could be involved if the player is Collins?

There's a question or two in here somewhere, y'all help me out. If Collins doesn't sign somewhere this off season (unlikely to me) and he's not allowed to enter the supplemental draft (likely to me) he becomes/remains a FA. As a 2016 FA he would no longer be considered a rookie and be allowed to sign with the highest bidder? If that were to happen he would not be subject to the rookie scale? In this scenario his signing would be more along the lines of a player moving from the CFL to the NFL? Isn't his earning potential higher in this scenario than if he were subjected to the rookie scale?

If I'm right about those things why would he sign this season? Wouldn't it be "better" for him to sit out till the 2016 season? The only "reason" for him to sign this season that makes any sense would be a 1 year deal.

Somebody please spend a second to explain the "loophole" that was discussed in the UDFA thread. Apparently bonus money is capped but teams are getting around it in some way? How many dollars are involved? How many dollars could be involved if the player is Collins?

1) I brought up the "wouldnt he be a UFA next year" question and was told no, but no documentation. it seems odd to be that it would last past the current league year. is every player that enters the league undrafted, no matter their course that brings them here (think rugby players getting a tryout, or CFL players for instance) subject to the UDFA pool regardless of age, etc...?

2) the capped bonus money issue sounded simple. teams are guaranteeing portions of contracts beyond the signing bonus. As a guy that is a 90% chance of being cut, thats essentially a delayed signing bonus. for collins, i imagine every team will give him whatever terms he wants with regards to guarantees. his full contract will be like 1/3 of his anticipated signing bonus if drafted in his expected range last week.

Edited by NoSaint

1) I brought up the "wouldnt he be a UFA next year" question and was told no, but no documentation. it seems odd to be that it would last past the current league year. is every player that enters the league undrafted, no matter their course that brings them here (think rugby players getting a tryout, or CFL players for instance) subject to the UDFA pool regardless of age, etc...?

2) the capped bonus money issue sounded simple. teams are guaranteeing portions of contracts beyond the signing bonus. As a guy that is a 90% chance of being cut, thats essentially a delayed signing bonus. for collins, i imagine every team will give him whatever terms he wants with regards to guarantees. his full contract will be like 1/3 of his anticipated signing bonus if drafted in his expected range last week.

1. http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_/id/12801680/lael-collins-lsu-tigers-says-re-enter-2016-draft-not-selected-friday

2. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2015/05/04/lael-collins-lsu-murder-questioning-baton-rouge-brittney-mills/26888565/

1. does not address UDFA contracts a full year after they went undrafted at all

2. essentially what i was saying to BB. teams are also doing this as a work around to the average UDFAs.

I can't answer all of your questions, but my understanding of the loophole you mentioned was that teams were guaranteeing large portions of the salary (which is also capped) so in essence it becomes a signing bonus. It's not really that big of a deal in this case because he's definitely going to make whatever team he signs with, it's more important with the usual undrafted free agent who might not make the roster.

If you consider a great owner one that will spend money, that would include most everyone of them.

I think it's more along the lines of an owner that became wealthy and wasn't born into it. The Pegula's seem to be some of the most humble and down to earth people. That makes them great owners, IMO.

I did not say it proves he did not have sex with her; I said it is evidence that he did not, if in fact that is his story. A positive test of course would have been incontrovertible proof of the opposite.

While a positive test would have proved he did have sex with her, a negative test doesn't mean they didn't have sex. It just means he didn't get her pregnant. And again none of this was known prior to the murder and guys lie. Well, people lie.

Wait...I thought NFL teams couldn't have contact with Collins until May 9th??

http://www.wafb.com/story/29003558/lael-collins-meets-with-dallas-cowboys

ALLAS, TX (WVUE) -

Outgoing LSU standout left tackle La'el Collins flew to Dallas Wednesday and received red carpet treatment from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

Jones hosted Collins at his private residence, along with quarterback Tony Romo and the Cowboys' offensive line.

Dallas is making a strong push to sign Collins, who is now a free agent after going undrafted last week.

Per a FOX 8 source, Jones told La'el Collins the Cowboys want to assemble the greatest offensive line ever.

Edited by Lurker

Wait...I thought NFL teams couldn't have contact with Collins until May 9th??

http://www.wafb.com/story/29003558/lael-collins-meets-with-dallas-cowboys

ALLAS, TX (WVUE) -

Outgoing LSU standout left tackle La'el Collins flew to Dallas Wednesday and received red carpet treatment from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

Jones hosted Collins at his private residence, along with quarterback Tony Romo and the Cowboys' offensive line.

Dallas is making a strong push to sign Collins, who is now a free agent after going undrafted last week.

Per a FOX 8 source, Jones told La'el Collins the Cowboys want to assemble the greatest offensive line ever.

They cant visit him at his place of residence or at his school.

He can meet with teams any place else

CBF

Think it's gonna come down to trust more than anything. Collins basically lost $8-9m in all this. If an owner tells him he's gonna take care of him (i.e. give him a new contract as soon as he's allowed to get one that maybe re-coups some of the money he would've got as a 1st rounder) and Collins believes him, that's probably where he ends up. With Pegula and Rex, we have as good a shot as anyone.

While a positive test would have proved he did have sex with her, a negative test doesn't mean they didn't have sex. It just means he didn't get her pregnant. And again none of this was known prior to the murder and guys lie. Well, people lie.

Very true. Plus he has never denied sex with her to my knowledge. It wasn't even his girlfriend. It was a mistress. So he almost certainly had sex with her. The thing is though, there really doesn't seem to be anything connecting him to this other than he may have been the father which he wasn't and those types sometimes kill. And there is a lot of stuff saying he probably wasn't or looks like he wasn't. Unless the one seemingly random rumor I only heard one time that he sent threatening texts to her is true.