RIP board member TheMadCap

Mr Info

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remembered this evening he posted about this a while back. Let us heed his words.

Take it from me, it sucks.

Diagnosed with ALL, a type of leukemia causing massive lymphomas in March this year. Spent 37 days in the hospital getting chemo and dropped from 155 to about 105 pounds. It literally almost killed me.

Next week I go in for another four day treatment which is the halfway point of my kill phase. We are hopeful we can get it in remission. I'm lucky to have great support from family and friends or I would have been done for.

I'm doing and feeling much better, things seems to be moving in the direction of goodness, if that makes sense.

Cancer is strong on both sides of my family: my maternal grandmother died of lung cancer, my father has renal cell carcinoma (surgery this month for the second time), and two of my brothers have had Colon cancer. Sadly, one did not find out until it was stage four, but he made it three years and died last February. He was 55. But he saved my other brothers life, because we all went and got tested.

I implore everyone to listen to their bodies and don't ignore symptoms. Go get your checkups guys. It's a literal pain in the ass, but it could save you or a family member...

Edited by jboyst62