Buffalo Bills may have most talented roster in NFL

HOUSE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O line very good? Why just because of Incognito? True they would have to be better than last year (hard to believe they could be worse), but they have a ways to go.

Different style offense this year.

19-0! Guaranteed!

Guaranteed ???

:flirt:

Edited by HOUSE

Very good OL? Sorry, they lose all credibility with that one! I'm really hoping for low average which represents a dramatic improvement but still hardly qualifies as very good..

I don't think so, we still have OL drafted in 2014.

All these players need time. We are also using blocking FB's and TE that can actually block.

Big difference

i think we are below average on the OL and we have probably the worst if not top 3 worst QB situation in the league. besides that we are looking good! SUPER BOWL!!!

We need EJ to step up and I believe he will if Ryan lets him run

That is probably highly-debatable.

I know...but "Knights Templar at Liegnica," or "the Austrians at Koeniggratz" was too obscure.

Contemporary thought was that the Prussian Army was still elite, though. So it is accurate.

If you haven't seen this, well worth your time... :thumbsup:

http://teamstre.am/19VrGjb

Here we go again. Last year was this the same stiff that said we had the best RBs in the league?

Can't we just be happy being improved instead of constantly trying to be the best on paper. It's like we've been bereft of talent and sound fundamental football for so long we've developed small member syndrome.

The only thing that this past SB winner has that's the best is the QB.

Did Seattle have anything "the best" when they won? I don't think that they did.

Missing a QB is a huge gap in having the best roster.

We're above average at RB, DL, and LB. Besides that we're lucky if we're average.

There are lots of reasons to think that we can unseat the Pats this season and make the playoffs, so why are we concerned about meaningless superlatives.

so your vote goes to NE* right?

Until further notice I don't see how anyone can suggest that we're better than they are. Can you?

I actually think that we can unseat them this season, but we'll have to do it first.

We're as good as our coaching and roster will make us. I got a laugh out of that guy talking about Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Clay, etc. Yeah, Woods has averaged less than 650 yards and 4 TDs in two seasons. Watkins, supposedly the beast in the WR draft class couldn't even crack 1,000 yards or 6 TDs much less beat his rookie peers, Harvin, seriously?, this guy defines role-player and has averaged about the same as Woods except not even 4 TDs/season.

Clay is good but that hardly makes up for that.

We're hopeful that together the sum of the parts add up to more than the sum, but until it happens it's just all talk. Premature too. And if Watkins doesn't improve significantly I'd say that our WRs may not even be average as a group.

Until further notice I don't see how anyone can suggest that we're better than they are. Can you?

My post was sarcastic in nature to on of the Pats* Super Fans that we have here.

I had in no way indicated the Bills were better than the Cheaters. Most Talented, on paper (plus a quarter will get you a piece of bubble gum) does not always = the best team

We need EJ to step up and I believe he will if Ryan lets him run

EJ's problem is that he simply is not accurate. Especially on deep routes. Time after time he throws passes that aren't even close enough for the WR to make a circus catch. We are not going to be able to run the ball no matter who is on the line and regardless of who our running back is if the defense can ignore the deep third of the field. There is no point in having the best WR's in the league if the passes are 10 yards out of bounds or 5 yards behind them. It doesn't matter what other skills a QB has if he can't be consistently accurate. I'll take a short guy, an average armed guy, a slow footed guy, any QB as long as he is accurate beyond 15 yards and is at least average at reading defenses.

My post was sarcastic in nature to on of the Pats* Super Fans that we have here.

I had in no way indicated the Bills were better than the Cheaters. Most Talented, on paper (plus a quarter will get you a piece of bubble gum) does not always = the best team

I think that GB and Seattle are the two most talented in total. The Bills are somewhere in that next tier. If you were to remove the QBs from the equation the Bills are very high on the list (if not at the top).

I know...but "Knights Templar at Liegnica," or "the Austrians at Koeniggratz" was too obscure.

Contemporary thought was that the Prussian Army was still elite, though. So it is accurate.

To be clear, I don't get the reference, but I am willing to bet that someone else could debate the opinion.

Talent, yes, and, QB not sure, yes....but.....I am concerned that putting in another new system, on both D and O will cause the Bills to be less efficient than the systems might be in a second or third year. So, Ryan's administration has to start fast to do well...not sure that will work out as well as we all hope. In terms of the bigger risk.....well, the O certainly has more upside vis a via last year....the O was not particularlily good last year. The D....well, I think there is more downside than upside. Ryan has produced great defenses....but, has he done it with a new system in year 1.....not so sure about that. And, the D was #4 last year. Says me even a good D will struggle to beat that ranking. Schwartz did take Pettine's Ryan like D and improve it substantially....wondering if Ryan is smart enough to improve, then in the Schwartz D. My gut says unlikely. It would be a win for the D to just stay even in the #4 slot. My view, maybe a lower top ten D is a realistic hope. And, if injuries go wrong....it could all unravel.

Edited by bigK14094