London game will be streamed on Yahoo

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2015 NFL Week 7 TV Schedule

London-Yahoo-CP-e1433384217790.jpg

Normally, Buffalo vs. Jacksonville wouldn’t be highly noticed because each franchise hasn’t achieved much success on the field in recent years. Yet this week, their matchup, hailing from London, England, is an historic one for the NFL — it’ll be the league’s first game ever televised worldwide on online streaming via Yahoo. The game will also air on the local CBS affiliates in Jacksonville (WTEV) and Buffalo (WIVB).

Sunday, Oct. 25, 2015 9:30 a.m.

Buffalo Bills vs. Jacksonville Jaguars in London (Yahoo/WTEV/WIVB)
Announcers: Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon

@PrescottRossi

Our graphics guru Jeremy made this. We started getting calls about Bills/Jags yesterday. It's only the beginning.

CRtu39yUYAADC-w.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I thought that the local broadcast market is defined by a 75 mile radius?

When the blackout rule was in place this was true, and it was on NBC.

Because the CBS station in the Syracuse "market radius" over laps a few bars, several homes a bunch of cows, grapevines, a lake, and a swamp, Syracuse would be blacked out under the old rules for a HOME game that did not sell out.

Rochester news said tonight that in WNY, only the Buffalo station can broadcast the game.

Buffalo is not even the home team, so they are just making up new blackout rules as they go make money.

This is 100% about trying to extend the market to the internet. They are getting their feet west testing this out on two crappy teams.

As I said in another post "Ya-Freaking-Hoo".

So much for "regionalizing" the franchise!

I miss the old days where someone would now tell me that if I did not like the blackout I should just shut up and go to the game. I guess i am not a real fan.

When the blackout rule was in place this was true, and it was on NBC.

Because the CBS station in the Syracuse "market radius" over laps a few bars, several homes a bunch of cows, grapevines, a lake, and a swamp, Syracuse would be blacked out under the old rules for a HOME game that did not sell out.

Rochester news said tonight that in WNY, only the Buffalo station can broadcast the game.

Buffalo is not even the home team, so they are just making up new blackout rules as they go make money.

This is 100% about trying to extend the market to the internet. They are getting their feet west testing this out on two crappy teams.

As I said in another post "Ya-Freaking-Hoo".

So much for "regionalizing" the franchise!

I miss the old days where someone would now tell me that if I did not like the blackout I should just shut up and go to the game. I guess i am not a real fan.

So Rochester IS in the local market?

Isn't this an away game anyways?

Why wouldn't this be aired in Rochester?

I am hearing conflicting reports.

Someone please advise.

Imo

There are still tickets available, you should just shut up and go to the game.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nfl-buffalo-bills-at-jacksonville-jaguars-london-25-10-2015/event/37004D97C08B8FCB?new_edp=1

This Yahoo nonsense ticks me off. I have a laptop computer and a large screen TV. My TV does not have any way to get Yahoo unless I do some sort of Rube Goldberg setup to get HDMI out of my computer. I really don't want to do that. It would be so much better if they would show it on regular TV like they did with the previous London game.

And I checked my cable guide, and I verified that the Syracuse channels are not showing it on Sunday morning.

This Yahoo nonsense ticks me off. I have a laptop computer and a large screen TV. My TV does not have any way to get Yahoo unless I do some sort of Rube Goldberg setup to get HDMI out of my computer. I really don't want to do that. It would be so much better if they would show it on regular TV like they did with the previous London game.

And I checked my cable guide, and I verified that the Syracuse channels are not showing it on Sunday morning.

No kidding! I've got a new smart TV and saw some instructions on how to do this, but it ticks me off. I really don't want to mess with this. Yahoo wants to be relevant and attract more people, but all they've done is make me like them even less.

Looks like on Xbox app it just uses the nfl app can't seem to find a yahoo one? Not sure but will have a Roku as a backup

You have to do a search for the yahoo app on Xbox. I loaded it the other day and once I got my xbox live crapola figured out, loading yahoo took all of two minutes.

Ya I searched it on my Xbox one didn't come up also the yahoo link shows the nfl app so idk

You have to do a search for the yahoo app on Xbox. I loaded it the other day and once I got my xbox live crapola figured out, loading yahoo took all of two minutes.

Ok Xbox 360 has a yahoo app (which I thought)

XBOX One

Download the NFL app to get instant streaming access on game day. Learn more about the app.

Question is..why the !@#$ would the NFL choose YAHOO when there are infinitely better streaming services out there?

now...why do you think they chose Yahoo? Pretty simple answer.

Easy answer on why this game vs the other 2 games...no one cares about Jacksonville...so if something goes horribly wrong only one pissed off fan base, not two.

Is anyone else dreading the logistics of this game?

Even if I get the stream to work, I am going to have little kids scampering around that I will have to tend to. Not being able to dvr a 9:30 am game is really frustrating.

pisses me off to no end. Now i will be drunk by 10 AM....gunna be a long day :lol:

Seriously, this does suck not being able to DVR...and i really feel for the West Coasters. Or folks like my son,huge Bills fan.. who is in the mountains camping for scouts...WTF, he has to wait until 8 now to see the game?

And i know I am old....but i just dread this stream getting crushed and us missing large chunks of the game.I only get 16 every year, and you gotta take one and mess with it?

now...why do you think they chose Yahoo? Pretty simple answer.

Easy answer on why this game vs the other 2 games...no one cares about Jacksonville...so if something goes horribly wrong only one pissed off fan base, not two.

Yup, not many care about the Bills or the Jags which makes it the perfect test game for streaming. Sadly we are the guinea pigs.

All you have to do is connect HDMI from laptop to TV and go to yahoo on your laptop...it will then be on the big screen...it's not a big deal or very difficult to do...

All you have to do is connect HDMI from laptop to TV and go to yahoo on your laptop...it will then be on the big screen...it's not a big deal or very difficult to do...

I dont think he has an HDMI out on his laptop...i did not until about 2 months ago

Get chromcast or a Roku or Apple TV or use hdmi or if you have an Xbox

Guys are acting like this stuff hasn't been around for years it's not the Nfls fault you don't have it

Condescending much?

Plus, Chromecast BLOWS in a wifi environment. I would not recommend it at all. The others or firetv (stick or box) are fine. But the easiest and cheapest is a laptop, tablet, or phone with the HDMI connection to your TV.

Plus, Chromecast BLOWS in a wifi environment. I would not recommend it at all. The others or firetv (stick or box) are fine. But the easiest and cheapest is a laptop, tablet, or phone with the HDMI connection to your TV.

I use firetv stick and love it. Have HBO Now, Netflix, Hulu and now the Yahoo app on it.

pisses me off to no end. Now i will be drunk by 10 AM....gunna be a long day :lol:

Seriously, this does suck not being able to DVR...and i really feel for the West Coasters. Or folks like my son,huge Bills fan.. who is in the mountains camping for scouts...WTF, he has to wait until 8 now to see the game?

And i know I am old....but i just dread this stream getting crushed and us missing large chunks of the game.I only get 16 every year, and you gotta take one and mess with it?

I feel the same way-- every game is gold to me. I take pride in watching every game. I pay to watch every game. While I would love to do it in real time, I am not going to neglect three kids under the age of 4 and my wife (I say that, but that is likely what will happen-- with me running around, with a laptop or phone in my hand, losing all my currency with my wife).

Question:

At or near game time, can we just go to Yahoo.com, wander around a bit, find a button that says "Click here to watch live streaming of the NFL game" and then...watch the game?

I.E., do I need to sign up for some account, create a password, sign up for some free service I don't want, etc.?

That's funny, it seems to me all we do is lose home games these days...

Good thing we're going into the road-heavy part of the schedule then. ;)

Wonder what kind of backbone Yoo-hoo has for bandwidth. It'll be interesting to see the stats from their broadcast. The actual game stats - maybe not so much.