Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly that's what happens with 34 year old RB

I hope it isn't true but I'm not going to freak out about it either.

That 34 year old back was still the best back on e roster last season.

Ugh...heard from a source he has been informed he is being released...Said it will happen by Tuesday.

Hate...hate...hate this move...

Ugh. I've been afraid of this. Given his age and cap hit and lack of dead money it's sort of an obvious (albeit unpopular) move for the Bills.

I hope he gets picked up by a good team and gets to keep playing.

By the way Matter I appreciate how you post, acknowledging that you heard from a source but not writing as though you're on the inside then "imo"ing

He would retire before he played for the.pats.

He's not moving his family from buffalo

Dude, this is a business. If the Pats will pay him and play him he'd be silly not to go - for the sake of his family.

Edited by Hopeful

Always loved Freddie and he can still be a productive third down back. However using 2.7M for a third down back isn't the smartest move when ya have other needs on the offense like some lineman. one of my buddies who is already going freak city over trading Kiko and "gutting" the defense, his words not mine, is going to have to be talked of the ledge if this is true

Would hope the Bills do Fred better than an outright release. Totally understand the issue with his age and position, but last season he certainly showed he has value. I'd be very disappointed if they didn't attempt to retain him at a lower salary. He deserves to retire a Bill.

I said this could happen early in the offseason and was basically told I'm an idiot.

It makes business sense to cut him, and feature Brown, and another younger, cheaper RB, as the full RB corps with McCoy. It sucks, because FredEx is awesome, and the heart of this team in many ways. I hope we can retain him as a coach in some way, but I bet he'll find a spot on another team.

If this is true, I'm not a fan of the start of the Ryan era.

Get a piece of trash like RI and gets rid of one of the best leaders on the team. Terrible, terrible, terrible move.

I see your point & I would probably of kept him around for this year but as soon as they dealt for Mccoy I knew Fred's days were likely over here. It is too bad. I could see the Bills side of this though. Like I said I would of kept him around one more year but I kind of saw this coming.

Fred is still productive and don't know why they want him gone? He has been injured but played well when in there plus lets not forget how horrible the line regressed under maroon, he is a great pass blocker/catcher and would be a good 3rd done back.

Fred is NOT, never was and never will be a good 3rd down back. How many times do you need to see him get stuffed in short yardage situations to understand that. I like Fred too as a person and he's been a great player for us. Haaving said that, if he is cut, I would completely understand why.