Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess based on that it means you think Fred sucks too

I base my opinion on what I see on the field not what I read in the stat line the next day. Bryce Brown is a talented back who certainly does not suck

The NFL has tons of guys who are talented who never do much.

Jackson was a slightly better player last year and has had a much better career than Brown. Despite not being as "talented."

Fred has always been written off. That's nothing new. It's the story of his life. But if given the chance not only would he have been the #2 guy on the team but I bet he would have had almost as many carries as everyone's new favorite RB. It happens every year. He shouldn't be able to, but the guy defies all things and has been the heart and soul of this team for the past almost decade.

This is terrible and I can understand why they would do it. If you look at this on paper then it makes sense. But you can't look at Fred on paper because nothing he has done should have been possible. This is where analytics fail. There's things inside a man that you can't measure: heart, desire, determination, passion, leadership, and the ability to make plays when there is no play to be had.

They are making a mistake if they release him. My hope is that someone gives him a chance, whether it's us or another team. A chance is the only thing Fred has ever needed in order to prove everyone wrong. I've been a Bills fan my whole life but I would openly root for Fred on whatever team he is on. He deserves better from us. He deserves a chance

I hope this doesnt mean we're trading another pillar of our defense for a back to replace Freddie

How is the guy who didn't take a snap last year on a defense that improved to number 4 in the league a pillar of the defense?

How is the guy who didn't take a snap last year on a defense that improved to number 4 in the league a pillar of the defense?

I hope we don't trade Jonathan Meeks for an All-Pro guard. Another pillar of our defense, wasted!

2014 they went to dedicated 4-3 and had spikes in the middle

Rex wont play dedicated 4-3 and spikes is likely gone

Kiko thrived in Pettine's Rex style defense

Seriously, eff this team if they cut Fred. What analytics are they looking at to tell them Bryce Brown and possibly Bilal Powell are better options at running back? Can't just be salary if we're in "win now" mode right?

The guy has never had a line nor a QB to play with. And he's had one good offensive mind (Gailey) since he's been in Buffalo. I can't think of many players who could have done as well as he has. And the thing is, he's still really good. But the resident ageists can't see beyond their myopic view of what a running back should look like at 34. Sadly, it appears as though a few of them work at OBD.

Also, some food for thought: He has less career carries than McCoy.

Fred has always been written off. That's nothing new. It's the story of his life. But if given the chance not only would he have been the #2 guy on the team but I bet he would have had almost as many carries as everyone's new favorite RB. It happens every year. He shouldn't be able to, but the guy defies all things and has been the heart and soul of this team for the past almost decade.

This is terrible and I can understand why they would do it. If you look at this on paper then it makes sense. But you can't look at Fred on paper because nothing he has done should have been possible. This is where analytics fail. There's things inside a man that you can't measure: heart, desire, determination, passion, leadership, and the ability to make plays when there is no play to be had.

They are making a mistake if they release him. My hope is that someone gives him a chance, whether it's us or another team. A chance is the only thing Fred has ever needed in order to prove everyone wrong. I've been a Bills fan my whole life but I would openly root for Fred on whatever team he is on. He deserves better from us. He deserves a chance

Agreed

IMO, this is about Whaley trying to forcibly justify his bad trade for Bryce Brown, who flat out sucks. Seems a pattern for Whaley to keep beating the dead horse of his overreaches until we revolt. So, in keeping with this, OUR Freddy must be sacrificed to validate his quest. Well, let's see how this one plays out with fans and media for ya, Dougy boy.

IMO, this is about Whaley trying to forcibly justify his bad trade for Bryce Brown, who flat out sucks. Seems a pattern for Whaley to keep beating the dead horse of his overreaches until we revolt. So, in keeping with this, OUR Freddy must be sacrificed to validate his quest. Well, let's see how this one plays out with fans and media for ya, Dougy boy.

There's no chance any of this is what is happening. More than likely, Rex saw on film that Fred is in a full decline and after crunching numbers it was determined that he could be released without any dead cap penalty. 34 year old RBs have a short leash even when they're beloved.

Edited by Punch