Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

Would hate to see Freddie go...

At the same time I'd be lying if I said I had not known this day was coming sooner rather than later...

Wish he could play one more year in Buffalo though...It would be nice to see him get a proper sendoff...One of my all-time favorites...And a hell of a good player... B-)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We bring in a scumbag like Incognito and get rid of Jackson. Unbelievable.

And to keep who? Bryce Brown, who averaged less ypc than Jackson last year, and a complete JAG in Powell?

Awful.

I think the Richie thing isn't far to frame like you are--

They got a guy at a discount at a position of need and seem to be moving on from a guy that would be pricey without a role to match....

I like Fred and think Ritchie's a jerk but... Its the nature of the beast

the Powell part is what kills me. We can't find another guy like him when fred retires with us in a few years? The Jets need to hurry up and resign powell.

If Bryce is 2 it has nothing to do with Powell except freeing up money to bring a guy in to competewith Dixon as the #3 special teamer

If Bryce passed Fred, Fred would've been on the bench in street clothes until someone got hurt

Edited by NoSaint

I think the Richie thing isn't far to frame like you are--

They got a guy at a discount at a position of need and seem to be moving on from a guy that would be pricey without a role to match....

I like Fred and think Ritchie's a jerk but... Its the nature of the beast

You're probably right but it puts a bad taste in my mouth.

It sounds dumb but I'd rather lose with guys like Jackson than win with RI.

I guess I'm getting older but the business of pro sports makes me care less. I'll always love the Bills but it's more about Buffalo now.

You're probably right but it puts a bad taste in my mouth.

It sounds dumb but I'd rather lose with guys like Jackson than win with RI.

I guess I'm getting older but the business of pro sports makes me care less. I'll always love the Bills but it's more about Buffalo now.

Oh, I understand and often feel the same but I don't project it on the guys trying to feed their families and keep jobs. Lots of guys I don't love to cheer for but I hope to atleast see the logic towards a win if we make those moves Edited by NoSaint

If we do cut him I hope a team who makes the playoffs picks him up (but not the Pats, no one who I'd have to root against him over). He deserves a chance to play in the playoffs before he retires.

This will piss me off for this exact reason. His chance at the playoffs happens right here this year. And he should be allowed to go out on a better note. Rework HIS deal add a couple more years etc and let him retire a Bill.

i just saw him say it today for first time. Must have missed it.

Me too

To the search function.

Working on it now. Leroi is on... let me try quoting him here to see if he says anything...

Here is his quote

Jackson will be cut as a cost savings measure.

Our waterbug will not be back, obviously.

1. McCoy

2. Brown

3. Dixon

Imo

Edited by jboyst62

It's an analytics driven move...all the analytics people happy now?

Analytics has a tough time quantifying factors like leadership. I often think those things are overrated, but on an offense filled with young guys it's hard to argue that a guy like FJ isn't worth a roster spot and < $2m in cap space (his replacement won't be free).

Bryce brown sucks he should be gone not Freddy

lmo.

Bryce Brown does not suck

Fred would at best be the number 3 back on this team right now and at 2.7 mil and coming off his worst season I'm not completely surprised hearing these rumors all day. He clearly wasn't the same back last year.

It sucks but it's also a part of football

Edited by Max997

It's an analytics driven move...all the analytics people happy now?

And this is why analytics doesn't work in football. There are analytics that can tell you Jay Cutler had a better qb rating than Tom Brady in 2013. Who would you rather have?

Leadership needs to be a category.

Analytics has a tough time quantifying factors like leadership. I often think those things are overrated, but on an offense filled with young guys it's hard to argue that a guy like FJ isn't worth a roster spot and < $2m in cap space (his replacement won't be free).

His replacement may be brown at less than 700k and that would put Fred in bryces healthy scratch role- would that be more appreciated? Honest question

Fred would at best be the number 3 back on this team right now and at 2.7 mil and coming off his worst season I'm not completely surprised hearing these rumors all day. He clearly wasn't the same back last year.

Brown had a lower ypc than old Freddy last year.

And if 3 is a guy that's a special teamer that pushes him to 4 and a healthy scratch many days, probably