Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea I have a link... http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/photo-gallery/Garth-Brooks-and-Bills-host-kids-football-camp/91085177-d41b-4d5d-b768-609d42b739fc?campaign=tw_buf_pg

Him at kids football camp hosted by the Bills... Oh By the way Fred on your way out... Never come back.

if they cut him just after that, that is some low crap right there. They should have told him not to do the event and be decent about it. :thumbdown:

Funny how everyone is freaking out about paying a starting 3 time Pro Bowl G $8 mil, but have no problem paying Jackson, who will likely be 3rd or 4th string RB close to $3.

This is the NFL. He's 34. It's great he wants to keep playing but he can do it elsewhere for that amount of money. Happens all the time.

Heard from who? Do you speak with OBD?

Suffice to say its a person with knowledge of the situation that works in the front office. Also suffice to say he was tasked with crunching some numbers regarding Fred versus other RBs...that's all I will say.

Edited by matter2003

Was still a better back then cj last year. A wall of famer in my book and a true blue buffalo bill. I don't want this to happen no matter how much it might make sense. He's got 1 year left. I'm goin to brush my teeth now, I have a bad taste in my mouth.

If this is true, I'm not a fan of the start of the Ryan era.

Get a piece of trash like RI and gets rid of one of the best leaders on the team. Terrible, terrible, terrible move.

I agree. This has been a tough week for the fan favorites (Kiko and now possibly Fred). I came around on the Kiko trade - I mean we did get McCoy. But cutting Fred?????? That just sucks. Bills fan forever - but this one will hurt. (Side note: My wife bought me Kiko's jersey for my Birthday in January and I've had my Fred Jackson jersey for a couple of years - I went from having two of the most loved guys on the team to having two "vintage" jerseys in a few short days).

matter2003 has been around for awhile... I highly doubt he'd post something like this without a legitimate reason. Having said that, it's definitely sad news, whether you think Fred is too old or not. The best Bills roster and staff in 15+ years and he won't be a part of it.

Edited by Punch

He would retire before he played for the.pats.

He's not moving his family from buffalo

You'd want to stay in the area after you got cut for players you don't think aren't as good as you?

Fred would jump at the chance to play for the Pats and I don't blame him. This is crap if true.