Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

even with the coaches juggling their on-field personnel needs, and the FO juggling the cost.. there's no way to rationalize keeping a 34 year old RB who doesn't play STs.

that said, i believe there are times when the contributions made to the overall success of a team cannot be measured.. they're only tangible where it counts - in the locker room and on the field

Fred Jackson is a championship caliber football player, who will help this team win games this season.. however and whenever called upon to do so.

Edited by BackInDaDay

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, Jackson is on record that he wants to play 3 more years. Even if Bills keep him this year, he's going to probably play 2 years with another team. The Bills can handle this 3 ways.

1. Negotiate a pay cut, but guarantee his lower salary.

2. Keep him on his current deal and let him go into UFA next year as a 35 yo RB looking at vet minimum contract.

3. Release him before start of this year's FA period and let him make some money.

FJ has lost a step but he still managed to outcompete CJ, Bryce, and Boobie to win reps. Whenever we needed short yardage or to convert on 3rd FJ was still our go to guy. I thought he showed enough last year to stick around for one more season at least as a 3rd down or change of pace back. I hope the rumors are wrong. Its been a pleasure watching FJ on Sundays.

FJ has lost a step but he still managed to outcompete CJ, Bryce, and Boobie to win reps. Whenever we needed short yardage or to convert on 3rd FJ was still our go to guy. I thought he showed enough last year to stick around for one more season at least as a 3rd down or change of pace back. I hope the rumors are wrong. Its been a pleasure watching FJ on Sundays.

Agreed on all accounts. If the Bills let go of Fred Jackson and then they made the playoffs and he wasn't around to be a part of it, that would be a travesty. Granted, Fred Jackson is a multi-millionaire and there are kids in this world with nothing to eat but in the realm of American professional sports, it would be a tragedy.

Yeah, I don't think he "blew us away" last year. Far from it. I saw a lack of burst and many times where in very un-Fredlike fashion he would go down on first contact. I didn't see him getting those extra 2-3 yards after contact that has been his primary strength as an NFL running back his entire career. Not trying to be a hater because you're right, the man is a legendary Bill. And being a D3 hero makes me love him even more. But I think it's time.

You realize he had a 4-5 week injury that only kept him out two weeks, right?

Snap judgements are all the rage in this 24/7 media cycle world. They're right about 50% of the time as well...

Matter's been around for a while. It's possible what he was told was based on the assumption Powell would be signed.

They plan on signing Powell and releasing Fred, although he is going to be released regardless for cap savings

Where is the announcement that was supposed to come today?

None of them said it was happening last night, and will be announced today.

They said "by Tuesday". Shouldnt you be taking it easy after the way you pooped off regarding the numbers for McCoy's new deal and looked so foolish? or is this you trying to compensate for that?

I knew it.

IMO, this is about Whaley trying to forcibly justify his bad trade for Bryce Brown, who flat out sucks. Seems a pattern for Whaley to keep beating the dead horse of his overreaches until we revolt. So, in keeping with this, OUR Freddy must be sacrificed to validate his quest. Well, let's see how this one plays out with fans and media for ya, Dougy boy.

Bills want that trade to start producing. If Fred stays, Brown remains buried RT @chrishinca42 why is Brown number 2, Keep Jackson instead

They said "by Tuesday". Shouldnt you be taking it easy after the way you pooped off regarding the numbers for McCoy's new deal and looked so foolish? or is this you trying to compensate for that?

You mean before the terms were announced?

And he edited his post. Initially said today.

Agreed on all accounts. If the Bills let go of Fred Jackson and then they made the playoffs and he wasn't around to be a part of it, that would be a travesty. Granted, Fred Jackson is a multi-millionaire and there are kids in this world with nothing to eat but in the realm of American professional sports, it would be a tragedy.

Umm, no. Freddy's a great guy and was all-in with Buffalo and the Bills, but there ain't no travesty or tragedy if they go on to have success without him.

Where is the announcement that was supposed to come today?

None of them said it was happening last night, and will be announced today.

You're being ridiculous.