Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

What a future at 35. Not the answer. EJ either makes it or not. Than next year we draft another hopeful in the first round. We have to plan for the future and not a bandage for this year.

So EJ plays all year no matter how well or how poorly?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently not as the poster stated we should just draft a guy in the 3-4 rd. and cross our fingers as the plan at QB.

This line of think just doesnt make any sense to me.......

People were complaining so hard that we took a QB in a weak draft......and then there are people who want to take a QB in the 3/4 round of a weak QB draft and expect a DIFFERENT result

To me that is a waste of a pick.....you can get a good player in those rounds at other positions that could actually HELP us

There are no great options for QB this year

People were complaining so hard that we took a QB in a weak draft......and then there are people who want to take a QB in the 3/4 round of a weak QB draft and expect a DIFFERENT result

To me that is a waste of a pick.....you can get a good player in those rounds at other positions that could actually HELP us

it doesn't make any sense to my either. If the bills don't see much in those QBs there is no use wasting a pick on one

OMG! Josh MacGown turned us down? How can we live with ourselves when a Journeyman QB with a traveling card like that turns us down? Oh the ignominy and shame. My self of steam just took a MAJOR hit.

Dare I say doooooomed. We will all somehow carry on now.

Apparently not as the poster stated we should just draft a guy in the 3-4 rd. and cross our fingers as the plan at QB.

That should have been the plan last year when there were a couple of QBs worthy to take in rounds 4&5.

But that's not really the point. Just a line of stats may show McCown is a rather dreadful QB stat wise. And you wouldn't want him as your clear starter. And you can point to Jeff Tuels stat line and say is he really any worse let alone 10x worse. But stats don't tell you anything by themselves. And to me the fact is that McCown has played 10 years for several different teams. He's been signed by several. He's played well at times. He's capable in a pinch. Tuel doesn't belong in the league and likely won't be this year or next. He has no NFL level skills. So MCCown is 10x better or more even if he stinks. ;)

OK. I was more referring to the "10X" number. I think he's probably twice as good, which is a lot, actually. 10x just seems like an exaggeration.

I know it's overplayed, but Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. The idea is to find someone that might not have had great coaching, was behind a guy that fit the team's offense better, has all the tools, or has no tools but still wins, a late bloomer, etc, etc.

I expect EJM to be the starter, and play a couple notches better than Orton, which is probably enough to make the playoffs.

It's all over NFL Radio this morning the final discussions for a contract are being done today. I still say we pick up Hassleback for insurance, and dump Tuel.

You can't look at last year as McCown was playing behind by far the worst offensive line in football in Tampa. After the Bills, I follow the Bucs, and I just couldn't watch the games last year. They were so bad and it was not MCown's fault.

This is a good holdover for two years as he wants to play and a smart QB. Next year's draft we have to get a QB in the first round. I've read next year's class is much better than this year and last two years for QB's.

Every year pundits say "next years QB class will be better..." And it has not been true the past couple years. Nobody knows where a good QB will eventually come from. It's the most inexact science in sports. The spread offense in college ball is a serious issue for projecting pro potential.

Great to know pathetic teams like the Bucs fan base are laughing at us even trying to possibly render his services.

He's left without a contract and hopefully is stays that way.

Now I am not stating outright that I think McCown is horrible, he just shouldn't be the first and last person we try and bring in.

He's the only FA QB who can, by league rule, visit a team at this point. That's why he is the first to visit. He's actually available. The other terrible QB's who will be available aren't officially available until March 10th.

Edited by purple haze

Every year pundits say "next years QB class will be better..." And it has not been true the past couple years. Nobody knows where a good QB will eventually come from. It's the most inexact science in sports. The spread offense in college ball is a serious issue for projecting pro potential.

He's the only FA QB who can, by league rule, visit a team at this point. That's why he is the first to visit. He's actually available. The other terrible QB's who will be available aren't officially available until March 10th.

I actually think Mariota may turn out to be pretty good. Good size, good arm, smart, and takes care of the ball. We shall see.

for those who write no no no who that is available is the yes yes yes?

There is no appealing qb on the market. The best you can do is get the best available mediocre qb that you can sign up. Moore is a possibility and even Sanchez might be a short term answer. Some people react very negatively when the Sanchez option is mentioned. But if this organization was willing to bring in an out of shape Orton then the standard isn't too high to meet.

. Although a deal with McCown couldn't be reached that doesn't mean that he won't later sign with the Bills when he discovers that most teams are not too enamored with his talents relative to his price tag.

Edited by JohnC

Don't marry the first gal you bed. McCown has come and gone. The management team will go through the list of FA QBs out there and see who fits the team and try to sign them. This is a weak QB draft and the chances to draft a QB who can start this year are very limited.

Speaking of Tampa, I'm still amazed at how fast Josh Freeman crumbled. He was a pro bowler and entering the prime of his career. Then - poof - he vanished like a fart in the wind. Wonder if he will ever get another chance.

McCown & EJ can battle it out for #2.

if whaley doesn't do better than that for #1 in 2015, he will be looking for a new job in 2016.

give us some "whos" papa.

If this occurs it is a horrible signing by the FO.

give us some options...

Oh great.... Another journeyman clown, this one took over a decade to string together a season performance better than EJs first fourteen games.

Ugh- and yet somehow this guy will be talked about as some kind of solution...

Who would you like them to look at?

This day has been so amusing to me... They decided to have a meeting with literally the only FA QB that is allowed to visit and people are losing their minds

Odd, eh?

What a future at 35. Not the answer. EJ either makes it or not. Than next year we draft another hopeful in the first round. We have to plan for the future and not a bandage for this year.

That's fine and dandy, except for the fact that you have a defense that's ready to win now. Are you willing to wait until 2016 when another draft takes place? Do you expect that unknown draftee to step in day one and take over? How long can this defense maintain its superb level of play?