Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether they sign this guy or not......I have a feeling nobody is going to like the end answer this year......

Because there isnt one...were are going to have to make the best of a bad situation. People are going to be upset they cant have what doesnt exist

Exactly. I think some people have legitimately talked themselves into guys like Brees or Big Ben being available for a future draft pick or into Peyton hitting FA. There's also a pretty vocal amount of people who'll complain about every move but never submit their own potential answer.

Whether they sign this guy or not......I have a feeling nobody is going to like the end answer this year......

Because there isnt one...were are going to have to make the best of a bad situation. People are going to be upset they cant have what doesnt exist

Exactly! There seems to be this dream that Brees, Manning or Mariota are going to land in the Bills lap for nothing.

If they sign McCown its a sign they are all in on EJ. McCown is a solid veteran backup but by no means should really be a starting option. I would like to bring in a better QB like Sanchez or Locker one that could actually improve over EJ as opposed to just being an option if EJ fails.

If they sign McCown its a sign they are all in on EJ. McCown is a solid veteran backup but by no means should really be a starting option. I would like to bring in a better QB like Sanchez or Locker one that could actually improve over EJ as opposed to just being an option if EJ fails.

I dont mean to pick on your personally, but I find it laughable that anyone would draw this conclusion, as if Sanchez or Locker are definitely any better than McCown, or even better than EJ.

Go look at Locker's career numbers and compare them to EJ. Locker has about twice as many starts, and his averages just about match EJ's dead on.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13969/jake-locker

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15803/ej-manuel

My point is, none of the QBs they bring in or ultimately sign indicate ANYTHING with regards to their stance on EJ.

McCown is gone. No offer.

Next.

Sadly, I think John From Hemet is right (see earlier post).

The Bills should draft someone in 3-4th round and keep fingers crossed.

One draft guru tweeted that McCown is a better option than any QB post rd 1 in this draft. It is a very poor QB draft on terms of having someone who could step in and play a game with success.

Also, they could likely add more than 1. They could add up to 3. I.e. McCown, FA, rookie. The rookie would need to beat out Tuel for the PS spot.

That said, he can still sign here. He's still on his visits and has said he won't be signing anywhere for about a week. No rush.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@Schottey: Source tells me Josh McCown isnt ruling out Buffalo (or vice versa) but hes in fact finding mode as only/top QB on the market right now

Enjoy it now McCown because once free agency starts you'll no longer be the prettiest girl at the dance.

I would rather sign (in this order): Mallett, Hoyer, Locker, Sanchez, Matt Moore before considering McCown. I'd also be OK signing McCown and one of the other guys mentioned to compete for the starting job with EJ. Best Two of the Three remain on the opening day roster along with a rookie.

Hoyer is a hot disaster after 4 or 5 weeks and the defenses catch up to him...did you not see what he looked like the last 4 or 5 games he played in, including ours?