Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to know what Tampa's deal is....why are they so disfunctional

Ā 

- Strong defense

- Looks like they have great receivers

- Go through QBs like water.......even ones that should have promise

Ā 

I would feel better about Josh M. if I know WHY he was being dumped.

Prob because he's 35

He looked great filling in when Cutler got hurt. Bears should have kept him instead of Jay!

Ā 

I don't know much about his situation with the Bucs, though. Probably just a bad team overall.

Another reason not to like Cutler!

I'm not saying Josh McCown is the answer either but I just really hope all the people who have and will make condescending comments about a guy who is one season removed from a season in which he threw 13 TD's and 1 INT aren't the same people who tout EJ Manuel as a legitimate option.

Oh please. McCown was great two years ago. It was the only time in like a 10 year career he ever looked like a starting NFL qb.

Ā 

I would love to see EJ work with Treatman instead of scrubs like Marrone and Hackett.

I'm not saying Josh McCown is the answer either but I just really hope all the people who have and will make condescending comments about a guy who is one season removed from a season in which he threw 13 TD's and 1 INT aren't the same people who tout EJ Manuel as a legitimate option.

Got that right !

OK...then wouldnt that make him a ideal candidate for us?

Ā 

A "caretaker" QB while we either groom EJ or draft a QB next year?

Ā 

We just need a QB that wont lose games for us and can get the ball to Sammy Watkins

He was bad last year. As he has been for every year except one. 2013 was an outliner.

Ā 

I didn't watch either Chicago 2 years ago or Tampa Bay last season. Any insight on why a guy who threw 13 TDs and 1 INT 2 years ago, threw 11 TDs and 14 INTs last year?

Ā 

McCown has shown some things. He's a FA now, so we wouldn't have to give anything up to bring him in. It wouldn't upset me.

I would really like to know what Tampa's deal is....why are they so disfunctional

Ā 

- Strong defense

- Looks like they have great receivers

- Go through QBs like water.......even ones that should have promise

Ā 

I would feel better about Josh M. if I know WHY he was being dumped.

Ā 

I think this one is a straightforward combination of salary cap and performance.

Ā 

By some metrics, Glennon had better performance than McCown both last year and this (at least he threw more TD than INT for TB this year), and while McCown is a 35 yr old 12 year vet who presumably "is what he is", Glennon is in his 3rd year and may well improve.

Ā 

The educated guess is they plan to draft a QB. If he looks good they start him. If he looks like he needs time, they figure Glennon is about as serviceable as McCown for ~10% of the money.

well his coach from the great 2013 season has given up on him after 1 season in Tampa, so thats not a ringing endorsment for the guy...........

Do we know that for sure or could it be that he was released because he has no upside and Glennon does?