Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

That scenerio never happened, we would never know so who cares.

It absolutely does matter now

Traveris was a Veteran QB who never got an opportunity to care take this team.......

it is a new OC who might see it differently with a veteran QB

The fact is T. Jackson never got a real opportunty to show what he could do for us.......we released him and he was scooped up by Seattle to be their backup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It absolutely does matter now

Traveris was a Veteran QB who never got an opportunity to care take this team.......

it is a new OC who might see it differently with a veteran QB

The fact is T. Jackson never got a real opportunty to show what he could do for us.......we released him and he was scooped up by Seattle to be their backup

So you would trade for him? Oh my.

OMG! Josh MacGown turned us down? How can we live with ourselves when a Journeyman QB with a traveling card like that turns us down? Oh the ignominy and shame. My self of steam just took a MAJOR hit.

no numbers were even discussed. He said he isn't signing anywhere for a week and is just doing visits for his own info.

Oh my. You realize we have EJ who is that type of QB. :doh:

Frankly we dont know what we have in EJ yet........

Right now EJ is broken.....when he runs he takes big hits.....he is not good when he stands in the pocket and is afraid to run.

T. Jackson appears to be better at these things to me....he is not a franchise guy....but he might be good enough to caretake the team in a year where there are no good options.

Anyway....the T. Jackson train has left.......I am talking about veteran QBs of that same "level" of talent.

We dont know what talent level EJ has yet

Frankly we dont know what we have in EJ yet........

Right now EJ is broken.....when he runs he takes big hits.....he is not good when he stands in the pocket and is afraid to run.

T. Jackson appears to be better at these things to me....he is not a franchise guy....but he might be good enough to caretake the team in a year where there are no good options.

Anyway....the T. Jackson train has left.......I am talking about veteran QBs of that same "level" of talent.

We dont know what talent level EJ has yet

The same questions you raise about EJ are the same ones you can say about Jackson.

Dunno about this comment. In my book, if you've been in the league over 10 years and you've put up these stats, it's pretty much a you-are-what-your-record-says-you-are sort of situation. We learned that with Orton, whose performance for the Bills was pretty much identical to his statistical past (factoring in the overall trend upward in QB rating league wide because of the rule changes).

But that's not really the point. Just a line of stats may show McCown is a rather dreadful QB stat wise. And you wouldn't want him as your clear starter. And you can point to Jeff Tuels stat line and say is he really any worse let alone 10x worse. But stats don't tell you anything by themselves. And to me the fact is that McCown has played 10 years for several different teams. He's been signed by several. He's played well at times. He's capable in a pinch. Tuel doesn't belong in the league and likely won't be this year or next. He has no NFL level skills. So MCCown is 10x better or more even if he stinks. ;)

The same questions you raise about EJ are the same ones you can say about Jackson.

Jackson has had a decent season of starting and that was with a bum throwing shoulder.......that same team took him back to be their backup QB.....the seahawks.

EJ has yet to finish a season with the bills

Like most I root for EJ to have the light turn on and be the guy.....but we are going to need another QB not named tuel to be here in case that does not happen.

Personally? I like Matt Moore for this. What I would like to have is someone who can play at Kyle Orton's level (the one who cares not the one who started mailing it in) but has enough escapability that he can run away from danger a little bit.

I dont set my sites on franchise type qbs because they are not there....but we need SOMEBODY who can QB this team that is not EJ Manuel on the roster. Then yes you biiuld the team up around them at the OL, TE, and RB positions

What a future at 35. Not the answer. EJ either makes it or not. Than next year we draft another hopeful in the first round. We have to plan for the future and not a bandage for this year.

Maybe that is exactly what we need....a band aid for this year.

We CAN NOT waste he talent of this defense while we figure out the QB situation

What a future at 35. Not the answer. EJ either makes it or not. Than next year we draft another hopeful in the first round. We have to plan for the future and not a bandage for this year.

if they sign him it would be a short-term deal that precludes them from nothing re: the future. They are always planning for the future. That doesn't mean you don't have a vet in the room.

How about the leafs trading for Olli Jokinen to flip to a playoff contender? LOL.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I really expected Josh to play a lot better in Tampa last season after what he did with the Bears the year before. He was quite good here in Chicago for that stretch. Might be strong evidence that the supporting cast really mattered and that he was a really good fit for Trestmans's style. Jeffries and Marshall may have made him look really good which is more evidence that Cutler is not very good at all.

One draft guru tweeted that McCown is a better option than any QB post rd 1 in this draft. It is a very poor QB draft on terms of having someone who could step in and play a game with success.

I thought that was plainly obvious?

we could do much worse

Eh, we could do a little better though. McCown just doesn't do anything for me. I'd rather a young QB, with a chance to have upside, like Locker. Ultimately, I'm hoping EJ realizes consistency in the good things he does on the field and improve in reading defenses. He is our best hope vs. what is currently available in FA.

Edited by purple haze