Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

There is a reason that McClown has been passed around the league like a joint at a Grateful dead concert. HE SUCKS! Why pay money for crap, the Bills already have EJ and Tuel and they cost less. Take the money you would give this Clown and give it to a Pro-bowl Guard instead.

Here, here!!!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a better plan please let me know. Why spend money just to spend money. Find a QB that is worth spending on. McClown is not. Waste of money, and waste of roster spot.

Well the better plan sure as heck wouldnt be doing what has not worked in the past.

Going with JUST EJ Manuel and not working towards a viable alternative has NOT worked. It is not fair to the defense of this team to not attempt to improve that position.

Exactly. This is the issue. Any QB brought in to compete with EJ will be a stopgap until next years FA pool and/or draft.

Does next year look any more promising than this year? The Bills will very likely be picking near the middle of the first round in 2016.

Does next year look any more promising than this year? The Bills will very likely be picking near the middle of the first round in 2016.

there are some decent prospects such as Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, and Cody Kessler. Depending on draft order and which teams at the top need a QB, they could trade up.

I get what you are saying but...

I seriously doubt that Tuel will ever have a season as good as McCown's 2013 showing. I don't think the odds are even 1 in 100 that Tuel will be a solid starter. I think McCown's odds of being productive are far better than Tuel's. I also think McCown will be a better mentor to EJ than Tuel - which will be important if EJ is the starter this year.

I wouldn't use Ditka as a personnel expert to bolster your POV. Ditka had 7 winning seasons in 14 years as a head coach, and those were primarily achieved by a defense he didn't run. And when Ditka was in charge of personnel decisions in NO, he didn't achieve even one winning season. In fact, he went 15-33 when personnel decisions were governed by his philosophy.

I hear what you're saying about Ditka, but he is 121-95 as a head coach, won 6 division titles and 1 Super Bowl, so he must know a little bit about winning.

Well the better plan sure as heck wouldnt be doing what has not worked in the past.

Going with JUST EJ Manuel and not working towards a viable alternative has NOT worked. It is not fair to the defense of this team to not attempt to improve that position.

McClown is not improvement.

19 page thread about Josh McCown. Just let that sink in...LOL

One thing this year will tell us is if Manuel can't beat out the loser QB that they bring in for competition then he's truly a lost cause.

Why are you surprised? Is it any more surprising than Orton getting $5 mil/yr to be a backup?

It's a QB driven league and there's a shortage of good QBs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/02/18/the-cleveland-browns-are-getting-a-new-logo-and-possibly-a-new-quarterback-in-josh-mccown/

The Cleveland Browns are getting a new logo, and possibly a new quarterback in Josh McCown

According to 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland, the new logo will be unveiled on Tuesday.

There is a reason that McClown has been passed around the league like a joint at a Grateful dead concert. HE SUCKS! Why pay money for crap, the Bills already have EJ and Tuel and they cost less. Take the money you would give this Clown and give it to a Pro-bowl Guard instead.

There is a reason that McCown has played in the NFL as long as he has - he's better than most QBs trying to make an NFL roster.

I don't necessarily want him as our starter. But I'd rather have him on the roster than Tuel. And if McCown played for us like he did for the Bears in 2013, we'd go to the playoffs.

I don't think signing McCown precludes signing another guard. The cap money is available.

I know there's no love for McCown but realistically what are our options? None of the FA QBs are great. And any QB we could draft in the 2nd or later rounds is a project. I'd love if Jim Kelly discovered the Fountain of Youth. But given the choice of starting the season with EJ and Tuel or EJ and McCown, I'd personally prefer the latter. Tuel looked awful in his 2 regular season games - far worse than McCown.