Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

Titans are not in a position to win even if they got Manning. I can't see him continuing his playing career for anything but a shot at another Championship.

yeah but who knows with any certainty which team has a "shot at a championship". the bills with top 10 quarterbacking have a shot at the championship, IMO. worked for Az. with a supposedly washed up Carson Palmer, right? Az no better than the Bills outside of QB.

Edited by 8and8Forever

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really..it did wonders for Curtis Painter!

I respectfully disagree. It's not a "one size fits all" world. Because it didn't work for Painter, then its a given its not going to work for EJ. Colts never picked up Painter planning on him being a starter. EJ has more athleticism and potential than Painter could ever dream of. I do think its a given that EJ's game would pick up under the schooling by Manning as opposed to a slug like Painter.

Harvin is a free agent, Decker is no better than Woods, Ivory is at best on par with our backs (I like Ivory) and Amaro is an upgrade. They have no explosiveness which is why their coach AND GM were let go. Their stats are a little skewed (especially Decker) because they always played from behind and he finished with a 221 yard game. Their OL is pretty good but won't be that much different from the Bills this season.

You wouldn't find a person in the NFL that would trade the Bills offensive pieces for the Jets offensive pieces. In addition the Bills are coming off of a 9 win season and the Jets 4. If Manning was looking at either team he'd clearly pick the Bills. I still think that Houston is the front runner though and St. Louis / Buffalo next.

Yup- and if I had to take a stab he doesn't want to play Seattle 2x, Arizona 2x, and San fran 2x---- whatever you think of those teams, they get after the qb and are very physical.

Feel the need for a disclaimer that I doubt he moves, but....

Edited by NoSaint

All I was saying was that him signing for the minimum (or a signficiant discount) and saying "get me some offensive help and let me ride this D to another ring" is the only circumstance in which I would consider it. I just think it is gone. He might make me look a complete fool come September because he is just that good. But I watched every Denver game down the stretch.... it looked over to me.

I love me some fantasy football on Sundays I got bout 4-5 tvs going. I watch almost all the gms unless the Bills are on then during commercials I take a look elsewhere. I seen those Broncos gms and Peyton seemed like he was hurt. Even in his mannerisms he wasn't the same. Now it could be the injury or he hit a wall in his career. I think it was more the injury. Peyton never had been known for his arm strength he's a technician and at this stage if his career if he has a leg injury u can forget bout him being accurate on intermediate and deep balls. Only Peyton truly can answer this question and if was a minor injury that won't hurt him moving forward I think he'll come bk for another yr. If he lost it then I don't think he'll be back. So at the end of the day Peyton will make decision and if he's healthy there's no.better alternative out there for the 2015 Bills I say go all in.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

I love me some fantasy football on Sundays I got bout 4-5 tvs going. I watch almost all the gms unless the Bills are on then during commercials I take a look elsewhere. I seen those Broncos gms and Peyton seemed like he was hurt. Even in his mannerisms he wasn't the same. Now it could be the injury or he hit a wall in his career. I think it was more the injury. Peyton never had been known for his arm strength he's a technician and at this stage if his career if he has a leg injury u can forget bout him being accurate on intermediate and deep balls. Only Peyton truly can answer this question and if was a minor injury that won't hurt him moving forward I think he'll come bk for another yr. If he lost it then I don't think he'll be back. So at the end of the day Peyton will make decision and if he's healthy there's no.better alternative out there for the 2015 Bills I say go all in.

I'm not sure it was the injury. Like I say, I might be wrong.... but it looked over to me.

Well if it was his right quad, as reported, then a loss in throw power makes sense

It wasn't just the arm strength, that is part of the concern for me. If he just didn't have the zip on his throws then I could have looked past it (as has been said he never had great arm strength to start with). His accuracy was off, his timing was off it was everything. By the end of the season I don't even think he was trusting what his eyes were seeing. He looked like he had literally fallen off the edge of a cliff and when a guy does that at 38 years old it is not normally injury related. Peyton might make me and other doubters look foolish. He is, after all, the greatest regular season Quarterback in NFL history.... but for me that is too big a risk to give a guy $15million a year or more.

It wasn't just the arm strength, that is part of the concern for me. If he just didn't have the zip on his throws then I could have looked past it (as has been said he never had great arm strength to start with). His accuracy was off, his timing was off it was everything. By the end of the season I don't even think he was trusting what his eyes were seeing. He looked like he had literally fallen off the edge of a cliff and when a guy does that at 38 years old it is not normally injury related. Peyton might make me and other doubters look foolish. He is, after all, the greatest regular season Quarterback in NFL history.... but for me that is too big a risk to give a guy $15million a year or more.

Weird that you tear a major muscle in his leg and without that firm base for his throws they'd get erratic and once erratic (something he never dealt with) he'd struggle.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm#241-252-sum:stats

Look at his compiled stats for the first twelve games from last year. Then add that to the fact that he had his best statistical year ever the year prior. What seems more likely, that he went from an MVP caliber player for 28 games spanning two seasons to have old age catch up with him and ruin him for good over the last 4 weeks or that he had an injury to deal with for the last month of the season, impacting his performance.

Yes what will we do if we miss the playoffs again?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm#241-252-sum:stats

Look at his compiled stats for the first twelve games from last year. Then add that to the fact that he had his best statistical year ever the year prior. What seems more likely, that he went from an MVP caliber player for 28 games spanning two seasons to have old age catch up with him and ruin him for good over the last 4 weeks or that he had an injury to deal with for the last month of the season, impacting his performance.

Aliens.

The perfect plan for the Bills is to get Manning and use two QB sets. Manning lines up, reads the defense/audibles. Hikes the ball. If he sees single coverage way down field, he hands the ball to EJ who throws it as hard as he can with his eyes closed. If there are two deep safeties, Manning throws one of his 5 yard ducks. Championship.

Had no plans to sign in and say anything, but this was just too funny!! Nice work!

Please stop. Manning will put up flashy early season numbers (assuming he could survive behind a Bills I-line) in what would amount to meaningless games/wins. In the end, his age and cold weather would catch up to him and it would be miss the playoffs or out in the first round. I'm not hitching my wagon to that.