Mariotta to the J-E-T-S??

KDIGGZ

I sure hope not. He looks good.

Todd McShay has Mariotta going to the Jets at 6 overall. He has Winston going #1 to Tampa. I know this is very early in the process and these first few mock drafts (this is 2.0) should be taken with a grain of salt, but I don't like playmakers ending up on rival AFC East teams. It might take Mariotta some time to become a star in this league but I don't want such a highly touted QB going to the Jets. If the Jets get him I hope at least they have to give up a bunch of picks to do so.

What are your thoughts? Will you be jealous if the Jets are able to get someone like Mariotta?

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2uvidk/todd_mcshays_2015_nfl_mock_draft_20/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let them take him. He's a few years away from anyone knowing if he'll be an NFL QB. He's a system guy, I've watched him play a ton and he has tools (without question) but I don't see him as projecting to an elite QB at the NFL level. If he goes to the Jests he'll be asked to start right away and that will mean a down year for the Jests which is good for the Bills.

So take him, New Jersey.

Todd McShay has Mariotta going to the Jets at 6 overall. He has Winston going #1 to Tampa. I know this is very early in the process and these first few mock drafts (this is 2.0) should be taken with a grain of salt, but I don't like playmakers ending up on rival AFC East teams. It might take Mariotta some time to become a star in this league but I don't want such a highly touted QB going to the Jets. If the Jets get him I hope at least they have to give up a bunch of picks to do so.

What are your thoughts? Will you be jealous if the Jets are able to get someone like Mariotta?

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2uvidk/todd_mcshays_2015_nfl_mock_draft_20/

until he learns to read defense not worried

I want Shane Ray at 6, or Cooper. But just like the 2008 draft we won one too many games, and will miss out on the two guys that can really help us. Not a fan of Mariota becuase he should NOT play day one. He needs at least a half season to sit and learn. And if the Jets take him there will be way too much pressure to start him day one. He will be a deer in the headlights by week 8. I actually like the kid, so I don't want the Jets and the NYC Media to destroy him.

I want Foles as our starter. He has just enough experince to hit the ground running an appease a pretty frustrated fan base. Jets fans aren't like Bills fans. We haven't seen the post season in 4 years and we are ready to burn down Florham Park. I have no idea how yall have accepted 15 years of futility.

I want Shane Ray at 6, or Cooper. But just like the 2008 draft we won one too many games, and will miss out on the two guys that can really help us. Not a fan of Mariota becuase he should NOT play day one. He needs at least a half season to sit and learn. And if the Jets take him there will be way too much pressure to start him day one. He will be a deer in the headlights by week 8. I actually like the kid, so I don't want the Jets and the NYC Media to destroy him.

I want Foles as our starter. He has just enough experince to hit the ground running an appease a pretty frustrated fan base. Jets fans aren't like Bills fans. We haven't seen the post season in 4 years and we are ready to burn down Florham Park. I have no idea how yall have accepted 15 years of futility.

What choice do we have, it's not like we can make them win?

Now if they had listed to TBD then we would have won 6 superbowls by now but that's a whole new topic.

I want the Jets to have Foles as well.

Remember the last 2 highly touted QBs to go to the Jets?

Let them take him. He's a few years away from anyone knowing if he'll be an NFL QB. He's a system guy, I've watched him play a ton and he has tools (without question) but I don't see him as projecting to an elite QB at the NFL level. If he goes to the Jests he'll be asked to start right away and that will mean a down year for the Jests which is good for the Bills.

So take him, New Jersey.

Kinda related to jets in a way, I started my first real re-watch of LOST this week. Very weird and interesting "going back", especially to the beginning.

There is the problem, anyone that takes that guy could be drafting Ryan Leaf Ver2

Too big of a gamble, no way I draft him if I'm a GM.

The only issue with Winston is that he may be suspended by week one

Edited by gordon_g

I thought he looked great against OSU until it was too late. At one point he was 20-24 (with a couple of drops) for 260 yards.

I thought he would look better than he did. It was the second time I really watched him play. Lots of short passes. OSU handed him 4 turnovers and he only got 10 points. Saw him in the Rose Bowl and National title game and in both games the other QB looked like the better pro prospect. He threw for a lot of yards against OSU because they couldn't run the ball. I do remember the egregious drops, though.

What do you suggest they do? Become Stillers fans like Dr. Trooth?

There is the problem, anyone that takes that guy could be drafting Ryan Leaf Ver2

Too big of a gamble, no way I draft him if I'm a GM.

Winston may pave the way for a new style contract that is agreed upon by top five picks w issues .

This may not be heard until that fifteen minute clock and all the lights are shining on the latest meat up for sale at the auction ( which should always be held on the docks in New Orleans not NYC , just to prove the nfl has a sense of humor .

Anyway ..

The phone call at the draft might sound like this ...

We will take you with our pick .. if you sign this paper we happen to have ready (as spoken to him live on the espn draft phone). So jameis, did I pronounce that correctly?..we will make you the face of the franchise if you agree that every penny can be voided and you will be billed for every aspect of your possible replacements contract down to interview expense should you be arrested in your first two years on the team or if you test positive for substances or are involved in any sexual misconduct investigation ... Blah blah . . We don't feel like this biut the damn lawyers are forcing us because we like you ..

You see , It's all standard and we would need you to sign ... IF really you want us to pay you top five money? .. Your choice, but you should sign just to say screw you to all your detractors .

The all new qb , ryan leaf inspired pre nup .. Do you love us (you immature little prick) ( you and Johnny (art schliester) manziel ) should work out together in the offseason with Brett Fabre to mentor you in public relations, Vince ypung will offer some financial advice and Michael Vick will of course be., Available to mentor you in establishing honesty and trust with the owner that purchased you . ( sorry , hired you)

Like the challenge flag each team get input into three franchise wrecking guys that the agents agree to push the clause league wide ..

Much like black balling a coach that has to take a demotion or never be hired again to prove his penitence ..

yeah, if the Jets dont loose the pick....because of the dumbass owner saying I want Revis back. That's a whole new level of stupid.....

If we lose the #6 overall pick, that jets fans earned by suffering through this horrendous 4 win season, becuase of our dip ship owner, people are going to start flying planes over the practice field demanding he sell the team.

I thought he would look better than he did. It was the second time I really watched him play. Lots of short passes. OSU handed him 4 turnovers and he only got 10 points. Saw him in the Rose Bowl and National title game and in both games the other QB looked like the better pro prospect. He threw for a lot of yards against OSU because they couldn't run the ball. I do remember the egregious drops, though.

What do you suggest they do? Become Stillers fans like Dr. Trooth?

First thing is you start boycotting games. Organize a huge group of fans (during the game on Sunday) to give up their seats and go to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen and get some local press to cover it. Leave that stadium half empty in protest. Get a billboard outside the stadium demanding the team get sold. Do something besides sit their and pound chicken wings in the parking lot. Be vocal.

That being said you obviously just changed ownership and coaching. So hopefully you get a taste of postseason life again. With that defense anything is possible, but your coach has only had 2 winning seasons in his career, and hasn't sniffed the post season in 4 years. So, fingers crossed I guess.

If we lose the #6 overall pick, that jets fans earned by suffering through this horrendous 4 win season, becuase of our dip ship owner, people are going to start flying planes over the practice field demanding he sell the team.

And rightfully so......

Whoever takes Mariotta, I hope they don't expect him to start right away. Another guy with great "raw materials" that has no clue how to run a pro style offense. He needs a while to learn, or he will get eaten up.

Yea, that's it. He is no #16 pick Ej Manuel the great! Mariotta's college career was horrid, and doubtful he can match the gaudy stats the stable of Bills QB's in the past 20 years. it just so easy to predict how fast the Duck slug will crash.

College QB's are so,easy to predict. here's a big shoutout too Buddy Nix for setiing the team back years on the EJ pick.

Edited by Best Player Available

Yea, that's it. He is no #16 pick Ej Manuel the great! Mariotta's college career was horrid, and doubtful he can match the gaudy stats the stable of Bills QB's in the past 20 years. it just so easy to predict how fast the Duck slug will crash.

College QB's are so,easy to predict. here's a big shoutout too Buddy Nix for setiing the team back years on the EJ pick.

Is it just me, or is this post very difficult to comprehend? I can't tell whether you are agreeing with my post, or saying that I am wrong. Is English your second language?

Sorry, if it is over your head. but not unexepected. All I have is maybe check the battery on your sarcasm meter.

Are you trying to insult me? Once again, your writing skills are so poor it is difficult for me to tell.

I opined that Marcus Mariota has tremendous raw talent, but will likely take some time to adapt to the nuances of a NFL offense. You know, pre-snap reads, pocket awareness, going through his progressions, taking a freaking snap from under center?!

I feel that, if expected to start day one for some lowly team like Tampa Bay or Tennessee, he will likely struggle.

Now your thoughts again in an organized and comprehensible fashion?

The kid is a good kid by all accounts. But a huge percentage of his throws were bubble screens. Think RG3 but not as fast. He will be awful in the NFL. For every Russell Wilson there are a 100 short read option QB's that never make it in the NFL.

I hate Winston but other than character he has all the physical tools you want in a QB. He is a throwback to a Kelly or Roethlesberger type. He is a big guy, big arm, and rises to the moment and just wins.

First thing is you start boycotting games. Organize a huge group of fans (during the game on Sunday) to give up their seats and go to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen and get some local press to cover it. Leave that stadium half empty in protest. Get a billboard outside the stadium demanding the team get sold. Do something besides sit their and pound chicken wings in the parking lot. Be vocal.

That being said you obviously just changed ownership and coaching. So hopefully you get a taste of postseason life again. With that defense anything is possible, but your coach has only had 2 winning seasons in his career, and hasn't sniffed the post season in 4 years. So, fingers crossed I guess.

What you are not taking into consideration is that up until this past October, there was always a threat that the team could be moved. Especially if the franchise lost its strong following in the area. We've been basically held hostage in an abusive relationship for decades.

No amount of billboards are going to force ANY owner in the NFL to sell out of their investment and billion dollar cash cow.

It's nice that you think fans of any team have that much power in influencing decision making, but it simply isnt the case. Not in Buffalo, and not in NYC New Jersey either.

What you are not taking into consideration is that up until this past October, there was always a threat that the team could be moved. Especially if the franchise lost its strong following in the area. We've been basically held hostage in an abusive relationship for decades.

No amount of billboards are going to force ANY owner in the NFL to sell out of their investment and billion dollar cash cow.

It's nice that you think fans of any team have that much power in influencing decision making, but it simply isnt the case. Not in Buffalo, and not in NYC New Jersey either.

I was thinking about your hostage situation, I know that had you guys walking on egg shells. I can appreciate that. But if the Jets went a decade and a half without making the playoffs I might be signing up for a billboard encouraging them to move to LA.

I don't understand why Jacksonville wouldn't take Amari Cooper? Don't they need WRs to help Blake Bortles? They only way I see them passing on Cooper would be Doug Marrone. He may walk out of the draft room

its early and things need to shake out with the combine, but I think that may be too high for Cooper. There are 3 potential #1 WRs in this draft - Cooper, White, Parker, but according to scouts, the best one this year would have been the 4th best last year. They could trade down further in the top half of the draft and pick the best WR on the board at that time, or just take the BPA at their spot. Based on the level of talent on their roster overall I would say they should stay put and take BPA. Edited by YoloinOhio