Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

I bet that he has some relationships in the building. He doesn't seem like the type to make stuff up. In part because he can't wait to take credit for it when it turns out to be true.

agreed, he loves to be right. And he must feel pretty confident about the Spikes thing because he tweeted Spikes directly and asked if the Bills had reached out to him yet.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that he has some relationships in the building. He doesn't seem like the type to make stuff up. In part because he can't wait to take credit for it when it turns out to be true.

That's the beauty of a vague statement like that- you could argue darn near anyone as truth or simply say it didn't work out. Whether it's a result of him, or his source I'm not sure yet. Part of me simply wonders if he hates the idea of being yesterday's news just as much as he loves the attention. Until he proves some fresh chops that are semi specific I'm going with a bit of doubt.

agreed, he loves to be right. And he must feel pretty confident about the Spikes thing because he tweeted Spikes directly and asked if the Bills had reached out to him yet.

What's the new spikes thing?

That's the beauty of a vague statement like that- you could argue darn near anyone as truth or simply say it didn't work out. Whether it's a result of him, or his source I'm not sure yet. Part of me simply wonders if he hates the idea of being yesterday's news just as much as he loves the attention. Until he proves some fresh chops that are semi specific I'm going with a bit of doubt.

What's the new spikes thing?

He just said that apparently Rex has specially requested the Bills re-sign him, he fits many of his schemes

He just said that apparently Rex has specially requested the Bills re-sign him, he fits many of his schemes

AWESOME!! i Billieve in Rex. Its going to be Hoyer and another FA.

The Rg3 thing is something i could get behind though. and maybe my favorite choice depending on the trade details

I dont know anything but i am betting against Leroi on this one.

EJ will be competing at TC.Thats my gut

I can't recall if you've mentioned this previously in the thread, but who among the detritus out there would be your favored option?

Great thread Rubes and Thank You for monitoring it! You exemplify how it's Supposed to be done here!

I'm buying in to the vagueness of the un-named source, only because we've absolutely covered every angle Bills fans can imagine. In the end, it's a bleak picture. Ergo, something just HAS to happen to add this most crucial part to a team READY to vie for contention. The Draft is out of the equation. The FA's are no better than anything since Bledsoe. Other teams back ups are what we have. EJ just doesn't have it -IMO. Peyton -et al- in the absolute twilight? No!

Ah, but just what IS it? Can't wait to find out! THIS is our favorite 'season'!

AWESOME!! i Billieve in Rex. Its going to be Hoyer and another FA.

The Rg3 thing is something i could get behind though. and maybe my favorite choice depending on the trade details

I dont know anything but i am betting against Leroi on this one.

EJ will be competing at TC.Thats my gut

Hoyer+RG3+EJ=AWESOME??

Great thread Rubes and Thank You for monitoring it! You exemplify how it's Supposed to be done here!

I'm buying in to the vagueness of the un-named source, only because we've absolutely covered every angle Bills fans can imagine. In the end, it's a bleak picture. Ergo, something just HAS to happen to add this most crucial part to a team READY to vie for contention. The Draft is out of the equation. The FA's are no better than anything since Bledsoe. Other teams back ups are what we have. EJ just doesn't have it -IMO. Peyton -et al- in the absolute twilight? No!

I agree 100% with you. You summed it up perfectly.

I still say some sort of interesting and convincing QB conversation was had at Pegula's house in Boca when they were courting our new head coach.

Someone, somewhere, some how must have suggested Plan X, and it must have been convincing enough to make Rex say: "I'm in!"

What was it?

QCity @QCityPredictions

Source tells me there will be an interesting and unexpected change coming to the Bills offensive line.

Hoyer+RG3+EJ=AWESOME??

I have concerns about you these days. context is implicit to response.

My retort , dear reader, is to RYAN wanting to bring back brandon " i will punch your neck m'fr" Spikes.

Going for RG3 and bringing in Hoyer to compete with EJ is just balls hangin out attitude.

thats all I am sayin man

I have concerns about you these days. context is implicit to response.

My retort , dear reader, is to RYAN wanting to bring back brandon " i will punch your neck m'fr" Spikes.

Going for RG3 and bringing in Hoyer to compete with EJ is just balls hangin out attitude.

thats all I am sayin man

agree on Spikes for a reasonable contract. He brings it. Our LBs are going to be very tough. We could also do worse at the QB position than RG3, EJ, hoyer in a run oriented offense. I'd be excited about that group - last year in camp it was EJ, Thad and Tuel time Edited by YoloinOhio

QCity @QCityPredictions

Source tells me there will be an interesting and unexpected change coming to the Bills offensive line.

Oh. I know the answer to this one!

Kiko will be cloned 5 times and all clones will play offensive line. Undersized, yes, but raw fear will in the opponent's D line will cause our O line to dominate.

Mike Shanahan is a known QB guru, aside from John Elway SB's, he also brought along nobody's like Jake Plummer, Brian Griese well enough to get into the playoffs. Plummer wasn't a fluke either as he took Denver to the playoffs three years in a row, and one was a 13-3 season.

In Shanhan's first season in Washington he took a 5-11 team to 10-6, and he went to the playoffs with the #4 in points, and #5 in yards offense. The defense under DC Jim Haslett was 28th in yards allowed. The next season they went 3-13 because RG3 couldn't play well enough in the pocket under center. The defense somehow managed to get worse, and was 30th in points allowed in 2013.

Shanahan then lost a power struggle in Washington when he told the owner that RG3 wasn't learning the pro style offense quickly enough, and wanted to sit him. So the Skins owner fired Mike, and hired another offensive minded OC in Jay Gruden Then Gruden told the Redskins owner the very same thing that Shanahan had told him about RG3.

If Shanahan can't get RG3 to perform up to NFL standards then I highly doubt anyone can at this point. The very last thing I would want to see is a QB who has strong tendencies to run every other play, and is injury prone. Then imagine him trying to attempt a pass behind that current Bills line....disaster! No Thanks! Dunno why Bills fans want to see someone worse then EJ brought in.

Anyway, the one guy I'm thinking of that nobody is talking about is Miami backup QB Matt Moore From an article in 2011, http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-05-26/matt-moore-may-be-best-young-qb-on-free-agent-market

The Dolphins coaching staff, FO seem to have a lot of confidence in Moore. http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/5791/its-now-or-never-for-ryan-tannehill

Oh. I know the answer to this one!

Kiko will be cloned 5 times and all clones will play offensive line. Undersized, yes, but raw fear will in the opponent's D line will cause our O line to dominate.

But the knee injuries say we need ten. at least.

I also new about the south korean project. twenty years and two Earl Morralls. Same haircut as Unitas though!

Mike Shanahan is a known QB guru, aside from John Elway SB's, he also brought along nobody's like Jake Plummer, Brian Griese well enough to get into the playoffs. Plummer wasn't a fluke either as he took Denver to the playoffs three years in a row, and one was a 13-3 season.

In Shanhan's first season in Washington he took a 5-11 team to 10-6, and he went to the playoffs with the #4 in points, and #5 in yards offense. The defense under DC Jim Haslett was 28th in yards allowed. The next season they went 3-13 because RG3 couldn't play well enough in the pocket under center. The defense somehow managed to get worse, and was 30th in points allowed in 2013.

Shanahan then lost a power struggle in Washington when he told the owner that RG3 wasn't learning the pro style offense quickly enough, and wanted to sit him. So the Skins owner fired Mike, and hired another offensive minded OC in Jay Gruden Then Gruden told the Redskins owner the very same thing that Shanahan had told him about RG3.

If Shanahan can't get RG3 to perform up to NFL standards then I highly doubt anyone can at this point. The very last thing I would want to see is a QB who has strong tendencies to run every other play, and is injury prone. Then imagine him trying to attempt a pass behind that current Bills line....disaster! No Thanks! Dunno why Bills fans want to see someone worse then EJ brought in.

Anyway, the one guy I'm thinking of that nobody is talking about is Miami backup QB Matt Moore From an article in 2011, http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-05-26/matt-moore-may-be-best-young-qb-on-free-agent-market

The Dolphins coaching staff, FO seem to have a lot of confidence in Moore. http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/5791/its-now-or-never-for-ryan-tannehill

Regarding the RGIII stuff: to be fair, your assessment is...pretty fair.

I do not think he is beyond saving though, but no one really knows about that.

So tell me, what QB plan was pitched to Rex to get him to sign with the Bills? I have to believe he would not have come here without some type of convincing QB sales pitch.

So tell me, what QB plan was pitched to Rex to get him to sign with the Bills? I have to believe he would not have come here without some type of convincing QB sales pitch.

He was given a $27.5M guaranteed contract. That was the sales pitch.

At this point, I could see them try to bring in Schaub (assuming Oakland doesn't want to pay him $5.5m to back up Carr) and draft a QB in Rd3-4.

I just threw up a bit in my mouth... Worst possible scenario! washed up qb and a wasted draft pick in a terrible draft class for QBs. Get a guy like Bradford or Hoyer if they play awesome keep them if not next year is filled with qb talent (Boykin, Cook and Hackenberg)

I just threw up a bit in my mouth... Worst possible scenario! washed up qb and a wasted draft pick in a terrible draft class for QBs. Get a guy like Bradford or Hoyer if they play awesome keep them if not next year is filled with qb talent (Boykin, Cook and Hackenberg)

Schaub had a bunch of great years in houston...then had a bad last year when he was injured most of the year. wouldn't be the worst backup at least.

Eli or Rivers and this is a super bowl caliber roster

I would love either one. or Big Ben.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/redskins-letter-to-fans-omits-robert-griffin-iii/ar-AA90dUB

Scanned the thread and didn't see anyone post this so I thought I would. It would seem the Redskins are moving away from RG3.

this could be it as well. Not very much talked about. I'd put the "not talked about beyond TBD" list at: Ben, Eli, Rivers, RG3 and Schwab.

Is Moore a FA? If so I could see that as a possibility. But no way MIA trades him to us.

I would love either one. or Big Ben.

this could be it as well. Not very much talked about. I'd put the "not talked about beyond TBD" list at: Ben, Eli, Rivers, RG3 and Schwab.

Is Moore a FA? If so I could see that as a possibility. But no way MIA trades him to us.

moore is a FA

Schaub had a bunch of great years in houston...then had a bad last year when he was injured most of the year. wouldn't be the worst backup at least.

Schaub had a horrible year TWO years ago throwing a pick six almost every game (not an over exaggeration) then last year lost his job to a rookie...he is no longer a capable qb in this league and would be one of the last QBs I'd want on our team

Schaub had a horrible year TWO years ago throwing a pick six almost every game (not an over exaggeration) then last year lost his job to a rookie...he is no longer a capable qb in this league and would be one of the last QBs I'd want on our team

i watched him play in the preseason. His arm is shot.

He was given a $27.5M guaranteed contract. That was the sales pitch.

Yes but that was pretty much FMV for his services, and he was being courted by a number of franchises and he likely would have had a number of offers had he waited a bit longer.

It is short sighted to suggest he only came here for the money, particularly given Rex's statement (which I believe) that he intends for this to be his last head coaching stop in the NFL.

Beggars can't be chosers, but Rex isn't a beggar. He can chose. I doubt he would have taken our $27 million instead of someone else's unless he was convinced there was some type of workable QB plan in place.

Edited by Stopthepain

Thanks, that's nice of you to say, and a nice summary as well.