Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be RG3 and we are going to the Super Bowl!!!

I know a lot here will never be convinced of this, but...

If RG3 came here and managed to somehow stay healthy, he would, by far, represent the most potential upside of any QB we are realistically likely to get this offseason.

Bank on that!

Redskins letter they sent out to their premium club members this week left out someone.

Interesting. If Mariotta or Winston fall to them at 5, they might pull the trigger and dump RG3.

The thing that worries me with him is attitude/work ethic. Reports had him running his mouth to teammates that he had the owner in his pocket and didn't have to listen to coaches. That's not cool.

So, assuming he's available and the Bills are interested, what is a fair price?

Maybe, we offer our #2 pick in 2015 along with a conditional pick in 2016. Starts as a 3. If RG3 stays healthy and plays in 70% of the offensive snaps, it becomes a 2. If he does this and we make the playoffs, it becomes a 1.

Maybe a no QB formation, back to the old Wild Cat days...

This.

Greg Roman will finally have a chance to prove that the QB position is irrelevant in today's NFL. Imagine how demoralized all of the Bills' opponents will be when they realize the inevitable diminution of their sack totals.

Interesting. If Mariotta or Winston fall to them at 5, they might pull the trigger and dump RG3.

The thing that worries me with him is attitude/work ethic. Reports had him running his mouth to teammates that he had the owner in his pocket and didn't have to listen to coaches. That's not cool.

Maybe, we offer our #2 pick in 2015 along with a conditional pick in 2016. Starts as a 3. If RG3 stays healthy and plays in 70% of the offensive snaps, it becomes a 2. If he does this and we make the playoffs, it becomes a 1.

Something like this might work for sure. He is not fetching top dollar and if the Redskins are ready to move on, where there is a will, there's a way.

someone will offer a 2nd for rg3,only a 1st gets him. You have to believe he can be your franchise QB.

The question is, what do we need to give up for the player? I think (conditional) picks are good for an RG3. I worry however that the "little talked about" route is a trade involving players. As in, Washington asks for Kiko and a 2nd round pick for RG3. Take your pick, maybe it's Mario or Dareus to give us more space to sign Revis and the new QB.

This.

Greg Roman will finally have a chance to prove that the QB position is irrelevant in today's NFL. Imagine how demoralized all of the Bills' opponents will be when they realize the inevitable diminution of their sack totals.

If we were still operating under past ownership/management, I'd say what you suggest is quite viable.

there will definitely be a team willing to give a 2nd or 2 2nds for rg3. No doubt about it.

Oh, that's possible. I thought we were saying the established price for RG3 is a 1st round pick. That is what I disagree with.

If we were still operating under past ownership/management, I'd say what you suggest is quite viable.

Oh, that's possible. I thought we were saying the established price for RG3 is a 1st round pick. That is what I disagree with.

Bills will have trouble beating out any 2nd round pick. That's why a 1st would be needed. Edited by TheTruthHurts

I am in the minority here also, but Kirk Cousins is intriguing. 4 out of 9 starts over 300 yards. Shows leadership. Would love him for a 3rd or 4th.I think he has shown more as a passer then EJ. But I would like to see them compete.

Until teams compiled enough film on him ...