Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

I was banging this drum at the start of the season, but don't you think things have changed with the emergence of Beckham? I see the Giants as a team trying to win now, which I did not see back in September.

It's entirely possible that they feel like they aren't close enough right now, having taken a step back from 2013 (record-wise), which itself was a season that was a step back from 2012, which was a step back from their 2011 Superbowl win.

Just generally a team that's been heading in the wrong direction.

Again though, this is just my opinion.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, both of those guys have been talked about plenty. Neither would be a big "splash."

Oh Jeezus Christ no.

Schaub was actually really good for the Texans for a few seasons. He was dreadful in 2013 and never saw the field last year in Oakland because they liked what the saw in Carr. But Schaub might actually have the best career resume as compared the available QBs that have been discussed.

It's entirely possible that they feel like they aren't close enough right now, having taken a step back from 2013 (record-wise), which itself was a season that was a step back from 2012, which was a step back from their 2011 Superbowl win.

Well I'm rooting to be wrong on this one, because Eli would look good in a Bills uniform.

Despite the turmoil down here with the Saints franchise, it isn't going to happen. Brees will be here beyond when he probably should in all likelihood. He is still playing at a really high level and is the franchise icon. I could see him as one of those guys in like 5-6 years that is a shell of himself that they are still trotting out there. They have been talking about trying to bring in a successor ala Jimmy Garoppolo to groom. I am not sure if they will try to get someone like Hundley this year or wait a year on that guy. Either way, Brees won't be available.

Ah yes, I didn't think about him. Good add Bandit!!

I tend to think you are right about Brees, but just speculating that given NO's cap issues, Drew's huge contract, and their terrible performance last year NO may be thinking of retooling. It would assume they had a plan on a draftable QB of course. They need lots of help. That team was awful last year.

They hired the new OC last year and overhauled that system, and it seemed to take awhile but they started doing pretty well and then Cruz got hurt. This year they hired a new DC (or their old DC Spagnola) to try to overhaul that side. I think Coughlin is there for one more year and they make one more run with Eli before moving on but I guess I wonder why they didn't tear both sides down at once. Not sure what their cap space looks like but they need some players on the defensive side.

If it hadn't been talked about I am guessing it wouldn't be any of the FAs, or trades for Bradford or Foles. We know they are signing someone because they have all said it over and over.

Hmmm. Maybe they are trading EJ. Leroi said he thinks he will be gone. I do not see them cutting him.

it could be anything. i doubt he means little talked about on here, and the media hasnt discussed too many bills options heavily.

Schaub was actually really good for the Texans for a few seasons. He was dreadful in 2013 and never saw the field last year in Oakland because they liked what the saw in Carr. But Schaub might actually have the best career resume as compared the available QBs that have been discussed.

I've never liked the guy. Never. Some players just rub you the wrong way, and he's one of 'em.