Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it hadn't been talked about I am guessing it wouldn't be any of the FAs, or trades for Bradford or Foles. We know they are signing someone because they have all said it over and over.

Hmmm. Maybe they are trading EJ. Leroi said he thinks he will be gone. I do not see them cutting him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

You know here's a thought:

Is there actually a GOOD QB floating around out there that we think we can somehow lure to the Bills, based on the perceived promise of a "good team on the rise now led by real coaches" combined with one of the best defenses in the league?

That specific angle hasn't really been discussed, though I guess the "good QB" would be limited to a free agent.

In the past, we would never, ever lure someone like Big Ben away from Pittsburgh. Now...who knows. Maybe it's a possibility.

It would have to be the right QB at the right age who is now looking for his best shot at a Superbowl later in his career.

At least that was my thinking. Like maybe you could get a guy like that now, as a lot has changed at One Bills Drive.

For those of you who follow Kevin Massare on Twitter, her had this little piece today after a talk with his "inside source":

Kevin Massare @KevinMassare

Source would not address QB with me, just said "we will be going a route that not many have talked about". SO take that for what its worth.

No idea what it means, but...

Discuss.

eliminate the qb position......direct snap to rb or wr

This kind of jives with what Leroi (TBD insider) was mentioning last month. That the fans don't have any idea what's in store for them and that there is no real hope for EJ (which was all but verified when he was spoken of in the same vein as Tuel).

Who knows what they're thinking of doing, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Fool me once...etc.

Hmm... That's interesting (and terrific click bait by Massare) since so many different scenarios have been discussed on here in one form or another. From Bradford, to Moore, to Manning(s), even Big Ben and some pining for Sanchez and Foles. Who does that leave?

I'd say, if Massare's source is correct, that it'd be easier to eliminate possibilities rather than figure out their target. Such as Sanchez, he's been the most talked about (in the media) QB, so I'd say this would eliminate him (thank the lord). Ditto to Cutler and probably Bradford as they have been talked about quite a bit in various sources. I'd put Foles on the pile as well.

Big Ben wasn't really discussed beyond TBD, so he might still be possible (though I doubt it from Pitt's POV). Who haven't we discussed?

:lol: :lol:

FWIW, I was with the Steelers people about a month ago and they laughed at the thought of Ben being available.

FWIW, I was with the Steelers people about a month ago and they laughed at the thought of Ben being available.

Didn't know that, but it's not surprising. I can't imagine they'd move on from Ben without having someone ready to groom or take over the QB position.

Edited by GreggyT