Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that we're talking big time Trade. Most of the serious discussions I've seen are Free Agents + The Draft to create competition between Journeyman Vet, EJ, and Rookie. Maybe we really are looking at trading (possibly EJ) for a definite starter and then drafting someone to groom in the mean time.

I get the feeling that we're talking big time Trade. Most of the serious discussions I've seen are Free Agents + The Draft to create competition between Journeyman Vet, EJ, and Rookie. Maybe we really are looking at trading (possibly EJ) for a definite starter and then drafting someone to groom in the mean time.

I've thought that, but honestly, why would any coach or GM sign off on trading an Eli Manning, Rivers, or Brees? They'd be consigning themselves to the unemployment line given the successors in those places. The Giants without Eli are a bad team. So are the Saints without Brees and the Chargers without Rivers. I really can't see anything like that happening. There are simply too few good QBs around to give one up, even for a slew of high picks.

Edited by dave mcbride

I'm sure a lot of Bills fans don't want him, but I would guess that RGIII is being referred to as the QB option not being talked about much.

I agree on both counts. This could be it; and lots won't like it.

It is possible that the master plan over at OBD is to get RGIII on board (I suspect he would actually be on the market so that lends some credence to the idea) and then "convert" him or "re-educate" him into being the QB they think he can be.

I think that is HIGHLY RISKY whether this is the actual plan or not.

I'm sure a lot of Bills fans don't want him, but I would guess that RGIII is being referred to as the QB option not being talked about much.

I'm not one of them. I would love that move. Get him a couple of knee braces and get in line for playoff tickets.

That is definitely possible. I'll throw out a few more off the radar names that aren't likely but potentially possible: Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib, Phillip Rivers, Colin Kaepernick, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, Josh McCown and Chase Daniel. I think that pretty much covers the guys that haven't been beaten to death amongst the fan base that COULD be available and in their plans.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

No nerve touched, not sure why you see it that way. You just called it attention-grabbing click bait, which I think is a mischaracterization, and takes more away from the discussion than it adds.

Cause there are no details so you click and there's nothing but Hyperbole.

So yes we have a discussion and its no different then every single QB discussion we already have had. The names being tossed around are no different then the names we have already tossed around plenty of times this offseason

There is just absolutely nothign in that statement. Its vague and designed to be that way to attract fans to signing up to follow the guy IMO. He may know something but to leave it open ended like that makes it meaningless IMO so here we are just tossing the same names into the pile... again

It's as vague as just saying the Bills will sign a QB or 2 this off-season... Its the exact same statement but with different words

Edited by ddaryl

Cause there are no details so you click and there's nothing buy Hyperbole.

So yes we have a discussion and its no different then every single QB discussion we already have had. The names being tossed around are no different then the names we have already tossed around plenty of times this offseason

There is just absolutely nothign in that statement. Its vague and designed to be that way to attract fans to signing up to follow the guy IMO. He may know something but to leave it open ended like that does is meaningless IMO so here we are just tossing the same names into the pile... again

It's as vague as just saying the Bills will sign a QB or 2 this off-season... Its the exact same statement but with different words

Dude, its generated 4 pages of responses , its something we other posters obviously like...and are enjoying discussing it. If you hate the thread, dont open it and post in it...you are the only one complaining

eliminate the qb position......direct snap to rb or wr

Winner, winner! Chicken dinner!

Kevin Massare @KevinMassare · 2h 2 hours ago

One thing to remember, Roman has always preferred a moving QB. Luck, Smith, Kaepernick.

That rules out Orton and Glennon

And Peyton... but OMG wouldn't it be something to see him dueling with TB* and the Pats* two or three times a year!

That is definitely possible. I'll throw out a few more off the radar names that aren't likely but potentially possible: Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib, Phillip Rivers, Colin Kaepernick, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, Josh McCown and Chase Daniel. I think that pretty much covers the guys that haven't been beaten to death amongst the fan base that COULD be available and in their plans. I

Some on this board have maintained the Bills will look to make a big splash with a QB. I do not think they have the ammunition to trade up without a 1 this year. Trading for a quality veteran whose team is looking to move on would be logical. The is likely to be someone in that category and perhaps even someone not currently thought of. Kap or Rivers, possibly Manning make he most sense. What's about Brese?

That is definitely possible. I'll throw out a few more off the radar names that aren't likely but potentially possible: Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib, Phillip Rivers, Colin Kaepernick, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, Josh McCown and Chase Daniel. I think that pretty much covers the guys that haven't been beaten to death amongst the fan base that COULD be available and in their plans.

Andy Dalton as well